Bangkok: Grenade lobbed at protesters injures two near Interior Ministry

webfact

Grenade lobbed at protesters injures two
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two men were injured when a bomb exploded near the Interior Ministry on Assadang Road yesterday evening.

The explosion took place on the Chang Rongsri Bridge at 6pm near the rally site of anti-government protesters led by the State Enterprises Workers' Relations Confederation.

The victims, both rally guards, were identified as Narongchai Kornchantuek, 36, and Poramud Boonjan, 56. They were rushed to Klang Hospital.

Initial investigation showed that a man on a motorcycle approached the site before lobbing a hand grenade at the protesters.

A grenade was also found near Chula-longkorn Hospital, not far from the Lumpini Park rally of the People's Democratic Reform Committee. At 5pm yesterday, police were alerted that a grenade had been left near the fence of the hospital's Wachirayan Building. A bomb squad said it was an MK2 grenade.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-09

Wait for it, wait for it - a BIB spokesman will state there was no intent to kill.

I'm surprised the BiB haven't announced who they've "caught" (framed/bribed) yet. Maybe that will come later today after the obligatory "it was PDRC guards trying to implicate the red shirts".

• Like 1

Okay, no intent at Thai bashing is my purpose, just the issue and use of tolet paper, by emergency personnel, as displayed, raised a question or two in my mind.

When I first arrived in TH many moons ago, I was amazed at how ubiquitous the use of toilet rolls was here - in fancy holders in restaurants, even openly displayed on tables.

Now I don't even bat an eyelid at its pervasiveness .... although I am sure newcomers from the West will get an initial culture-shock.

I guess toilet paper is Thailand's equivalent to duct tape (or gaffer tape) - 1000 and 1 uses for everyday fixes. smile.png

• Like 1

Okay, no intent at Thai bashing is my purpose, just the issue and use of tolet paper, by emergency personnel, as displayed, raised a question or two in my mind.

When I first arrived in TH many moons ago, I was amazed at how ubiquitous the use of toilet rolls was here - in fancy holders in restaurants, even openly displayed on tables.

Now I don't even bat an eyelid at its pervasiveness .... although I am sure newcomers from the West will get an initial culture-shock.

I guess toilet paper is Thailand's equivalent to duct tape (or gaffer tape) - 1000 and 1 uses for everyday fixes. smile.png

Toilet paper is to be found everywhere except where it should be - in toilets

• Like 2

I love the way the victim is tied up on the stretcher. Toilet paper, scarfs, belts...poor guy.

Can I safely assume you are pointing of the superiority your home country versus the more basic and functional equipment used in a developing Nation. My impression is he is getting fist aid that is readily avilable in Thailand. I do not consider him a "poor guy"

Edited by rucus7

Toilet paper is to be found everywhere except where it should be - in toilets

Well of course, it would clog the sewer pipes.

• Like 1

Now waiting for a statement from Ms. Yingluck asking all sides to refrain from violence.

i think the statement in this case would be -

'it was not an act of violence, he just cast 2 votes as is the democratic right of anyone who supports me."