Anyone here love durian?

kizz06

Durian contains a lot of sulphur which can inhibit production of aldehyde dehydrogenase, an enzyme which breaks down alcohol.

I think you'd need to eat a lot of durian or drink a lot of alcohol to notice it though.

I don't have an explanation for the tachycardia, it may have been unrelated. I'd suspect "feeling drunker" to be the primary symptom.

Once i ate a fair amount of durian, drank 3 beers, no noticeable effect.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You haven't really tasted Durian until you try the Malaysian durian. 10x the smell. 10x the taste. You can smell it from a mile away. There was even an incident down under in Australia where some Malaysians brought in Durian to a building and the Building management requested people to evacuate suspecting a gas leak.

Read here.

http://investvine.com/malaysian-durians-cause-panic-in-australia/

Totally.

D24 gets my vote. Love it when Durian is in season and you go with friends to Durian parties in KL. Malaysia has the best Durian. Period.

Huge amount of vitamins, I get a lot of arthritis , legs , knees ,feet Come Durian season , great improvement, mobility and less pain .

Love the stuff , especially Chanthaburi version , cheap there too , average size job 70 baht