Supa Piyajitti selected as new NACC member

webfact

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds like a great nomination, she is honest and prepared to do the hard yards to get to the truth but you can bet the ptp/reds will chuck a wobbly over her nomination, they dont like people that are honest...... especially when you consider she was the only one that was prepared to tell the truth about the rice scheme and the results, the ptp tried everything to silence her, couldnt ask for anyone better to be in the NACC.

I am not sure what a "chuck a wobbly" means, but it sounds like something they have already done. Thai politics at its best.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

If two votes were more than two-thirds of the total then this means that this comittee actually consists of two people.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yep.... chalk up another of the Suthep/Abhisit clan on the " independent...neutral" Commission...and then with the new Senator elect Jongchai Thiengtham who wants to be the upper house speaker... just a continuation of the dismantling of a fair and equitable body started in 2006... the never ending coup... and the beat goes on... more power too them... if your public allows you to stack the deck...som nom na... they get what they deserve...one day.. maybe not in this lifetime but when education is truly a desire... and history and information can be freely interpreted... the truth will be known and these cowboys all exposed 250-138= _____...

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seriously? They select their own members? Sounds like the recipe for corruption.

so would you suggest that the pt government (or any sitting government) appoint the members of the NACC or any anti corruption body?

Edited by scorecard

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yep.... chalk up another of the Suthep/Abhisit clan on the " independent...neutral" Commission...and then with the new Senator elect Jongchai Thiengtham who wants to be the upper house speaker... just a continuation of the dismantling of a fair and equitable body started in 2006... the never ending coup... and the beat goes on... more power too them... if your public allows you to stack the deck...som nom na... they get what they deserve...one day.. maybe not in this lifetime but when education is truly a desire... and history and information can be freely interpreted... the truth will be known and these cowboys all exposed 250-138= _____...

1. So what's actually your point?

2. How would you suggest appointing the commissioners of the NACC?

3. Who are the cowboys you mention?

4. Please share some suggested real names as possible NACC commissioners.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Oh boy! Someone in Dubai sprayed his morning latte all over his keyboard when he read this news!

coffee1.gif

They tried to intimidate and discredit this woman, when she was doing her last job with courage and integrity. I guess that really backfired, didn't it?

No doubt.

I wonder why they don't put Sondhi and Suthep on the committee too.

Couldn't they just have called her to give evidence?

• Like 1

"While serving as head of the subcommittee scrutinizing the governments rice pledging scheme, Ms Supa was known for her audacious move in uncovering evidence of corruption in the controversial scheme. She was sacked from the chairpersons post afterwards."

It's truly amazing how so much of PT's arrogant "do what we say and keep your mouth shut about our ineptness/corruption" approach to governing Thailand has come back to bite them on the derrière.

P.S. @seajae "chuck a wobbly", brilliant. Haven't heard that in years. Nice one.

• Like 2

sounds like a great nomination, she is honest and prepared to do the hard yards to get to the truth but you can bet the ptp/reds will chuck a wobbly over her nomination, they dont like people that are honest...... especially when you consider she was the only one that was prepared to tell the truth about the rice scheme and the results, the ptp tried everything to silence her, couldnt ask for anyone better to be in the NACC.

I am not sure what a "chuck a wobbly" means, but it sounds like something they have already done. Thai politics at its best.

Chuck a wobbly , to throw a tantrum.

• Like 2

"While serving as head of the subcommittee scrutinizing the governments rice pledging scheme, Ms Supa was known for her audacious move in uncovering evidence of corruption in the controversial scheme. She was sacked from the chairpersons post afterwards."

It's truly amazing how so much of PT's arrogant "do what we say and keep your mouth shut about our ineptness/corruption" approach to governing Thailand has come back to bite them on the derrière.

P.S. @seajae "chuck a wobbly", brilliant. Haven't heard that in years. Nice one.

Yes, and I'm guessing there are some serious wobblies / tantrums going on in many red oriented / paymaster oriented back rooms right now? Whilst at the same time the end looms.

• Like 1

Seriously? They select their own members? Sounds like the recipe for corruption.

so would you suggest that the pt government (or any sitting government) appoint the members of the NACC or any anti corruption body?

Well the military Junta did exactly that, hence the obvious partisan politics at play here.

• Like 2

Let me put it to ya this way... lets deal with the cowboys...and you have to step back and look at this from a bigger perspective...follow the money... follow who finances the Democrat Party... Look at who sits on the boards of these companies...look at what leading Industrialists say about the unbelievable sway BOT, Privy Council..and the 10 or 20 wealthiest Thai Families have and their relationship to Thai Politics...takes a bit of reading and research ... a few months worth for me as I can't sit and ponder it daily but could prove quite revealing to you as well but is a good read...and then couple that with the archaic laws governing freedom of speech ..Those two tied together are what keeps the MO going... and the monied people from both colored sides understand this.... though one side weighs in quite a bit heavier than the other,,,if and when... you are not sued for defamation and truth can be spoken out loud and topics not intentionally suppressed.....only then can the playing field be a bit more level... for me the biggest inhibiting factor is truth and education...taking the Thai people out of the mythology of expertise and actually educating them and giving them the confidence to speak up...something they are currently taught not to do from Matayom 1 on... you know thew old adage... Money talks... has a couple of edges...bribes.. is the obvious ...but the subtler is the one where someone evaluates what a billionaire says and weighs that against what a pauper says... and normally thinks that the guy with the money must be right...he got the money so his MO must be the better choice...

Someone that sits on a Commission that decides on Corruption or Decides on Elections has to be as squeaky clean as possible and has to be vetted publicly otherwise it matters not what side you take there will always be those who claim corruption there as well... They should be vetted publicly and agreed on by a broad spectrum of the public in order to not be a repeat of the last 8 years...

not gonna take the time to give you as list now ....as what or who I think might be good has no bearing on any outcomes but... I think the Thai public should be provided a list to take a look at.. not arbitrary appointments by insiders stacking the deck in their interests... Education is the key... Thais are taught not to think independently...and frankly after 12 or more years of that hammered into your head in school you end up with people in the workforce with an attitude that does not embrace educating themselves in any way shape or form or even wanting to...after getting a degree..not all mind you ..but many...just don't want to study anymore because that takes work...and that has been intentional...that is where the whole thing functions from... it is how the cowboys keep control of the herd...

Supa selected as NACC member

Simple explanation - She proved she stood for truth and justice by revealing losses and corruption in the rice scheme.

Complicated explanation - See above

That would have to be the most complicated explanation I think I have read for anything so far in Thai politics.

Have you heard of "Occam's razor"? The fewer the assumptions that are made the better.

I dread to ask your explanation of why the chicken crossed the road and I am sure it would involve the DEM's somehow as well!

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

Oh boy! Someone in Dubai sprayed his morning latte all over his keyboard when he read this news!

coffee1.gif

They tried to intimidate and discredit this woman, when she was doing her last job with courage and integrity. I guess that really backfired, didn't it?

No doubt.

Fab4, actually, as much as I don't want to, I have to agree with you (and you know I don't want to agree with you). Supa should be a witness, not on the committee.

First and foremost, before everything, corruption has to be proven without a shadow of a doubt. If this is done, then it needs to be proven that YL, as Chairperson of the Rice Committee, was forewarned that there may be corruption being committed. Here, as a witness, showing her independency, Supa should be allowed to testify.

If YL is truly guilty of looking the other way while corruption was taking place under her nose, then a Kangaroo Court isn't needed.

Edited by Old Man River

The National Anti-Corruption Commission elects a new member famous for her tireless fight against corruption, and..........

THE RED CRY FOWL. Never mind she is defending the rural farmers' well being.

coffee1.gif

No doubt.

Do you know for sure that they didn't?

They have called many witnesses over the last year or more, it would seem quite likely given her previous position she was called.

And probably took documentation with her.

It should also be noted that she wont be taking up her position with the NACC till after the decision on the rice pledging has been made so she wont have a say(vote) on that.

Her honesty however will undoubtedly be useful in future cases.

Let me put it to ya this way... lets deal with the cowboys...and you have to step back and look at this from a bigger perspective...follow the money... follow who finances the Democrat Party... Look at who sits on the boards of these companies...look at what leading Industrialists say about the unbelievable sway BOT, Privy Council..and the 10 or 20 wealthiest Thai Families have and their relationship to Thai Politics...takes a bit of reading and research ... a few months worth for me as I can't sit and ponder it daily but could prove quite revealing to you as well but is a good read...and then couple that with the archaic laws governing freedom of speech ..Those two tied together are what keeps the MO going... and the monied people from both colored sides understand this.... though one side weighs in quite a bit heavier than the other,,,if and when... you are not sued for defamation and truth can be spoken out loud and topics not intentionally suppressed.....only then can the playing field be a bit more level... for me the biggest inhibiting factor is truth and education...taking the Thai people out of the mythology of expertise and actually educating them and giving them the confidence to speak up...something they are currently taught not to do from Matayom 1 on... you know thew old adage... Money talks... has a couple of edges...bribes.. is the obvious ...but the subtler is the one where someone evaluates what a billionaire says and weighs that against what a pauper says... and normally thinks that the guy with the money must be right...he got the money so his MO must be the better choice...

Someone that sits on a Commission that decides on Corruption or Decides on Elections has to be as squeaky clean as possible and has to be vetted publicly otherwise it matters not what side you take there will always be those who claim corruption there as well... They should be vetted publicly and agreed on by a broad spectrum of the public in order to not be a repeat of the last 8 years...

not gonna take the time to give you as list now ....as what or who I think might be good has no bearing on any outcomes but... I think the Thai public should be provided a list to take a look at.. not arbitrary appointments by insiders stacking the deck in their interests... Education is the key... Thais are taught not to think independently...and frankly after 12 or more years of that hammered into your head in school you end up with people in the workforce with an attitude that does not embrace educating themselves in any way shape or form or even wanting to...after getting a degree..not all mind you ..but many...just don't want to study anymore because that takes work...and that has been intentional...that is where the whole thing functions from... it is how the cowboys keep control of the herd...

Supa selected as NACC member

Simple explanation - She proved she stood for truth and justice by revealing losses and corruption in the rice scheme.

Complicated explanation - See above

That would have to be the most complicated explanation I think I have read for anything so far in Thai politics.

Have you heard of "Occam's razor"? The fewer the assumptions that are made the better.

I dread to ask your explanation of why the chicken crossed the road and I am sure it would involve the DEM's somehow as well!

Might do you well as well to believe in your own signature...

"Time to listen to the will of the majority even if you don't like it accept it."

• Like 1