Domino's Pizza Opened on 3rd Road

marinediscoking

I would think part of the problem with Domino's in Thailand is that if its just a master franchise agreement, you take away the oversight and supervision that an on-site owner would have. I worked for a Domino's years back in Vancouver and that owner was all over everything - perfect quality control. So if the pizza doesn't taste the same here, its someone who's just not overly concerned about their job or even cares about the quality.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly but does changing to suit Thai tastes include a burned pizza? A properly managed Dominos would see every pizza checked and any pizzas burned would be thrown out.

A better way would be to have the normal menu and then additional choices for Thais. Same as McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, DQ and everyone else does it.

I think a big problem with Thai businesses are that there are not enough independent entrepreneurs that have 10 - 20 million baht available, but are also willing to be in site every day and work hard. They prefer to invest and then hire someone at low wages who couldn't care less.

Next time you're in BKK, go to the new coffee shop just west of Asoke on Suhumvit, beside Kasikorn Bank on the north side. The owner invested maybe 20 million. He is there everyday, all day picking up garbage, clearing tables and talking to customers to make sure they're happy. Everyday, I see his place full. He offers free internet which costs him almost nothing.

Starbucks close to him is normally almost empty. No free internet, no owner on site and nobody cares.