Got a job and nearing the end of marriage visa... need options

Hi,

Just need some advice on my best options. I just secured a teaching job that will start around May. I have been staying in Thailand on the extension for marriage from a Non-O visa with the 400K income proof. The extension ends at the end of June. I am not sure the best way to navigate my next visa. I cannot use the 400K again (not enough money) and I will only be making 30,000 baht per month at the job. So what are my best options and how do my options connect with the work permit application process?

-Work permit 1st then trip for Non-B in June...or do you need the non-b visa before the work permit?

-Some other variation of the non-o extension?

Just don't know where to start with this...Thanks for any help given.

You can get a work permit with your current extension of stay based upon marriage and start you job.

Then if you cannot meet the financial requirements for the extension based upon marriage when it is time to do a new one you could change the reason for it to one based upon teaching. There is no need to get a non-b visa to do this.

• Like 2

Thanks, I haven't heard of a reason for extension based on working (teaching)... are there specific requirements that I have to meet? What about the paperwork for this extension? Finally, would this extension work like my last one where I only need to report my address every 90 days? Thanks for any additional information. I really appreciate it.

Ok, so this must have been the extension i was getting a couple of years ago when I taught except it was based off a non-b (the agency handled most of this so I never really understood the process)... but I can get the same thing of my current non-o, right? This is great news, Thanks.

Yes you can do it with current non-o visa entry you have now. All that is required is non immigrant visa entry for an extension based upon teaching. The police order does not mention any classes of non immigrant visas.

Be sure a copy of your marriage certificate is included with your work permit application.

Can a WP be gotten on a salary of only 30k?

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

There is no minimum salary requirement to get a work permit.

Only extensions of stay based upon working under clause 2.1 of the police order has a minimum salary requirement.

You can do as ubonjoe suggested, just remember though your permission to stay will now be tired to your employment and when your employment ends, either by end of contract or early termination, your permission to stay ends on that day. You could then go and extended for 60 days because you are married to a Thai.

When you change your "reason to stay" on your TM7 form to working as a teacher you will mosy likely need additional paperwork from the school, letter from MOE and similar paperwork that was needed to get the WP, to get the extension, not just your WP. That's the way it used to be but I'm not really sure about current requirements, someone should be alnog to clarify the requirement.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, that's why I recommend to borrow money 400k for seasoning, this is completely legal, will cost you 10-15k. and you will not need to change reason to stay and 2nd time extension much more relaxed than first.

Account "stuffing" is illegal and the "interest" charged outrageous !

Please refrain from making these "suggestions"

You can do as ubonjoe suggested, just remember though your permission to stay will now be tired to your employment and when your employment ends, either by end of contract or early termination, your permission to stay ends on that day. You could then go and extended for 60 days because you are married to a Thai.

When you change your "reason to stay" on your TM7 form to working as a teacher you will mosy likely need additional paperwork from the school, letter from MOE and similar paperwork that was needed to get the WP, to get the extension, not just your WP. That's the way it used to be but I'm not really sure about current requirements, someone should be alnog to clarify the requirement.

Much better to keep your Non-O status as it's not tied up to your school. Even if you don't meet the financial requirement, you could get a Non-O multiple entry in Sawannakhet/Laos.

Needed documents are:

1. Contract

2. Letter of employment

3. Letter from educational xx area.

4. Copy of the director's ID.

5. A health certificate, including a Syphilis test

6. Degree/Transcripts.

7. Provisional TL from TCT.

8. Any education related documents/ certificates.

9. Two photographs for visa, two for work permit.

10. A teaching schedule.

11. Location of school.

12. Good luck.

Edited by sirchai