Thaksin pleas for unity and peace

Lite Beer

He's not calling for peace and unity - he is questioning and undermining the rule of law.

This should not come as a surprise to anyone, he regards himself to be above the law, he established a political party to secure his position above the law and he now wants the actions of that party when in government to be above the law.

The man is a convicted criminal on the lam.

What is he doing being allowed to speak to the nation of TV?

You've just described K. Suthep, questioning and undermining the law. Suthep also considers himself above the law, he also established a "party" to help secure his position above the law - only he isn't bothering with that voting nonsense, he want's to put an unelected (read 'cronies') in place to ruin the country further. He also wants the actions of that party to be above the law. I guess the big difference is that Suthep although charged hasn't been found guilty of his crimes yet (and i would have to say murder is a serious charge).

And here I was thinking that this topic was about Thaksin.....You and your mate that clicked a " like " seem obsessed with Suthep....Murder is a serious charge....for further information on that refer to Chalerm and Thaksin

Another die hard red sheeple absolutely full of crap ! giggle.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That he has the temerity to believe that he is endowed with sufficient status to make announcements to the Thai people is just beyond belief ... and then to add insult to injury, he makes a thinly-veiled attack on the judicial system for carrying out its duty...!!

I think that these words will make many Thai peoples' stomachs turn, particularly the struggling farmers...!

Furthermore, how come Channel 4 is allowed to broadcast such statements from a wanted criminal with such impunity?

Actually he has the mandate to make that announcement since the majority of Thais love him regardless of your opinion which has been formed from reading the Bangkok post which is a propaganda channel for the eletes. And yes the judiciary could be corrupt and politally biased and probably is.

If you are a farang who takes sides in this political farce it means you havent been in Thailand long enough to understand whats going on here. There is no good guys here defending civil rights or freedom of speech or freedom of press or making opportunities for the poor just power struggles between rich brokers of various colors of facism. Thats why its not worth taking sides. Will you hate your red shirt friends? Will you hate your yellow shirt friends? Just love everybody the same and try to have fun and realize how rediculous it all is.

The politics is a joke not worth getting angry about. Its entertainment. One thing is for sure neither side cares what you think.

Absolutely right! And after all, this is not farang business. We are guests in this country. Well I am. Safe your hate speeches for your home countries!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What a <deleted> hypocrite. The majority of today's problems are directly related to HIS actions.

This is why this place is in such a mess, the guy is a slow learner, as for he's business empire , he sure must have had some brainy people surrounding him , cause he ain't got any.

Cuz' "Money talks" and his money speaks very loud wink.png

He's not calling for peace and unity - he is questioning and undermining the rule of law.

This should not come as a surprise to anyone, he regards himself to be above the law, he established a political party to secure his position above the law and he now wants the actions of that party when in government to be above the law.

The man is a convicted criminal on the lam.

What is he doing being allowed to speak to the nation of TV?

You've just described K. Suthep, questioning and undermining the law. Suthep also considers himself above the law, he also established a "party" to help secure his position above the law - only he isn't bothering with that voting nonsense, he want's to put an unelected (read 'cronies') in place to ruin the country further. He also wants the actions of that party to be above the law. I guess the big difference is that Suthep although charged hasn't been found guilty of his crimes yet (and i would have to say murder is a serious charge).

And here I was thinking that this topic was about Thaksin.....You and your mate that clicked a " like " seem obsessed with Suthep....Murder is a serious charge....for further information on that refer to Chalerm and Thaksin

Another die hard red sheeple absolutely full of crap ! giggle.gif

if there is a criminal than look just on the dictorship lover of the yellows and you see the biggest criminal from thailand.

• Like 1

That he has the temerity to believe that he is endowed with sufficient status to make announcements to the Thai people is just beyond belief ... and then to add insult to injury, he makes a thinly-veiled attack on the judicial system for carrying out its duty...!!

I think that these words will make many Thai peoples' stomachs turn, particularly the struggling farmers...!

Furthermore, how come Channel 4 is allowed to broadcast such statements from a wanted criminal with such impunity?

Actually he has the mandate to make that announcement since the majority of Thais love him regardless of your opinion which has been formed from reading the Bangkok post which is a propaganda channel for the eletes. And yes the judiciary could be corrupt and politally biased and probably is.

If you are a farang who takes sides in this political farce it means you havent been in Thailand long enough to understand whats going on here. There is no good guys here defending civil rights or freedom of speech or freedom of press or making opportunities for the poor just power struggles between rich brokers of various colors of facism. Thats why its not worth taking sides. Will you hate your red shirt friends? Will you hate your yellow shirt friends? Just love everybody the same and try to have fun and realize how rediculous it all is.

The politics is a joke not worth getting angry about. Its entertainment. One thing is for sure neither side cares what you think.

you sir are invited to have a beer (or two) at casa misanthropia (ie. baan sticky lies). the first truly intelligent post on TV since i bothered to register here.

nb. "neither side cares what you think" can be shortened to neither side cares. period.

Edited by stickylies
  • Like 2

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

1) Do not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban. This rule also applies to links to external websites.

You have beaten me to the punch - unfortunately the many Thai people will not see it this way and yes where are the authorities who control/monitor the broadcasting here in the LoS?

Maybe broadcasting is neither controlled nor monitored that strictly at present.

No doubt that will change as the "reforms" take effect!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What a <deleted> hypocrite. The majority of today's problems are directly related to HIS actions.

could be so for you and the yellows dictatorship lovers but not for the huge majority of the thais and farang too.

And the Farang that you quote......is that you ???

• Like 1

You have beaten me to the punch - unfortunately the many Thai people will not see it this way and yes where are the authorities who control/monitor the broadcasting here in the LoS?

Maybe broadcasting is neither controlled nor monitored that strictly at present.

No doubt that will change as the "reforms" take effect!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is, for starters why is IN channel not operating, before the news was stopped now the whole program is off air.

I also noticed that several other channels are only giving the briefest of news updates, and omitting anything that would speak against the government.

4 channel seems to be the only free style one around.

basic info is given out only, I ask Thai people about certain topics and they have no idea what I am talking about. I think too many are pigged off about politics, and at this time more are aware through their working kids what the score is.

Khun Thaksin has had his day and should be happy with it, leave Thai people alone just adding to their confusion. He knows this. but cannot resist twisting the knife.

could be so for you and the yellows dictatorship lovers but not for the huge majority of the thais and farang too.

I think the "like" count on my original post would put the lie to your statement, at least for the foreigner side of things. For the Thai side of things the results we DID get from the last failed election says the rest. The majority don't want him or his family or PT.

• Like 1

st stay away and tell your clan to all step down and then their will be peace until then or until he is removed totally peace will never be achieved except by force.

Taksin is cause of all troubles with his megalomaniac desire to make thailand his own Zimbabwe or north korea bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

• Like 1

st stay away and tell your clan to all step down and then their will be peace until then or until he is removed totally peace will never be achieved except by force.

Taksin is cause of all troubles with his megalomaniac desire to make thailand his own Zimbabwe or north korea bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Then Thailand would be his 3. Country? Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra sent best wishes to the Thai people on the occasion of the traditional Thai New Year and pleaded for unity and peace in the country.

BANGKOK: -- Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra sent best wishes to the Cambodian people on the occasion of the traditional Thai New Year and pleaded for unity and peace in the country, where a few years of prison are waiting for you prigk.

Khao Phar Wihaan is a big loss of money for many employees of both countries. wai2.gif

Both from ASEAN member countries. ASEAN member countries./facepalm.gif

Sorry all you anti Thaksin people , but you are gravely mistaken !!!

Rich Teacher has it absolutely right and the majority of voters agree with that view .

Wow, Rich Teacher got a vote for his post, the only problem is he voted for himself.

The other problem is that the voters voting for Thaksin or his clone had nothing like a majority.

And did Abhisit and the Democrats, did they get anything like a majority ?? :)

No, Abhisit and the Democrats got something that looked less of a majority than what Thaksin got.

And here we see, a load of people calling for democracy, wanting Suthep to oust Thaksin, and then bring in Abhisit !! :)

• Like 1

Shameless Chinese idiot.

And you think that Abhisit and the Democrats are not a bunch of shameless Chinese idiots ?? What about the Thais who own most of Thailand's big companies ? These are the people trying to remove Thaksin. Do you think their eyes look Chinese ??

The point is that almost all of the politicians in Thailand, as well as most of the rich, and the people in the judiciary are Sino-Thais. Thaksin, Abhisit and, I think, Sondhi are Hakka Chinese. Suthep is also Chinese, and most of his whistle-blowers are middle class Bangkok Sino-Thais.

The Thais are out in the countryside waiting to see if the Sino-Thais will give them a voice in government, or make some policies that appeal to them. So far, only Thaksin has done anything for the rural and urban Thais. This is why his party always wins the elections.

• Like 1

His message is much more eloquent and meaningful than Suthep ever has to say.

Yep no doubt he's ultra smart, and he does sound sincere and perhaps even believes what he says, but there's a simple solution to his situation, come back to Thailand, do his time and then he might be able to live happily in his homeland, maybe spend and enjoy and do good with his Billions, But no,,,,he chooses a life in exile and via his sister helps creates a divided country and one in almost total crisis.

Edited by rijit

A great leap towards unity is for Mr.Thaksin to stop meddling into thai politics.....a more divising figure than him is almost impossible to find !!

Well, a more divisive figure in Thai politics is Suthep. Previously, there was Sondhi. Neither of them have any idea on how to come up with a policy that will appeal to the Thai rural majority. You can add Abhisit to the list of opposition leaders that have no ideas, no policies and no hope to win a democratic election. They can only rely on a military or a judicial coup, and then they, and their supporters and special interest friends, will prey on the country.

Edited by Stone Inscription 1
  • Like 2