Brazilian Work Visa

jvc

I have the opportunity of some offshore work in Brazil in a couple of months.

Does anybody know if it is possible for a British passport holder to get a Brazilian work visa thru the Brazilian Embassy in Bangkok?

Or do I have to go back to the UK to get it done?

Im British and Im in the process of applying for a US work visa, and the lawyers that are dealing with it for my company said I can apply at the US Embassy in Bangkok, but I must have the correct immigration status for Thailand. I have a Non O visa so should be OK. I will call the US Embassy before I start my application just to make sure.

You could call the Brazilian Embassy in Bangkok and see what they say.

I am British and the first visa I got for Brazil offshore (VITEM-V), I managed to get from the Brazilian Consulate in Houston but I had to prove residence in the US (driving license and utility bills, etc..). However, for the police record check, they insisted that as a Brit, I had to get one from the UK police which took about 2-3 weeks with postage and the like. All in all it took the best part of 6 weeks from start to finish. My second VITEM-V was all done through their London Embassy and was a lot faster. Although I was still living in Houston, I sent my second passport to my agent in the UK for the visa to be issued there.

As noted in that link you posted, whoever is hiring you (Brazilian company or foreign-owned Brazilian registered entity or their registered agents or representatives) to file with the labour office in Brazil before the local Embassy or Consulate will process anything. That's the bit that you have no control over how long it takes as Brazilian bureaucracy pisses all over Thailand's when it comes to paper shuffling and making up rules.

Edited by NanLaew

• 3 weeks later...

yes mate you can get it in bkk,

i worked for petrology out there when they changed to susea7,

as long as the company send you all the right documents youll be ok,

like the other poster says you will have to get police check from uk police,,

jake

I'm a US citizen living in Thailand but working in Brazil. My employer sent over the documents, I visited the embassy in person to drop off my passport and make payment. The funny thing was they required a police clearance letter from the USA but I haven't lived in the USA for at least 10 years. All was done and required to trips.. once to drop off once to pick up. All in it was a piece of piss.

Kurt