Thai Palm Oil

oldsailor35

Why is it that Palm Oil producers in Thailand are struggling to get a reasonable price for their product and at the same time there is a very large amount of Malaysian Palm Oil being imported at high prices, thus keeping the supermarket shelf price inflated.

Personally i try to avoid using it due to the terrible enviromental damage done to eco systems when palm oil plantations are established,but as to your question i have not a clue.

Think that you really need to understand that the eco system damage is mainly in Malaysia and Indonesia, not Thailand.

Personally i try to avoid using it due to the terrible enviromental damage done to eco systems when palm oil plantations are established,but as to your question i have not a clue.

Think that you really need to understand that the eco system damage is mainly in Malaysia and Indonesia, not Thailand.

So we don't want them in Thailand do we.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope they all go out of business and firstly abolish/ ban Palm oil and then ban MSG......all this does is cause tightening of the muscles, diarrhoea, and headaches. If the food is not good enough to eat on its own - then why eat it ? same as coffee...if it's not nice to drink without sugar, the. Just drink warm sugar water and save your money.

I would really love to support the Thais and eat out more often...but they are poisoning me with MSG and Palm oil......will they ever learn to put the customer first . In the too hard basket I think.