goat's milk

sabaijai

Does anyone know a reliable place to buy goat's milk in Bangkok?

Villa carries goat milk yoghurt on occasion, and goat's milk even less frequently, but you can't count on finding it there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I haven't found goat milk in Bangkok. I buy goat cheese at Central instead. It ranges from 185 to 220 per 100g if you go into their special refrigerated cheese room. Out in the main store it's 400 per 100g or more.

There is a vendor at Bang Nam Pheung that sells fresh goats milk, it's obviously a bit out of the way and only open on weekends. I notice lots of regular customers Thai & Farang stocking up. I can ask next week end if she stocks any shoppes in BKK & report back.

Villa Market on soi 2 (Phloenchit Centre) has it, as does Foodland on soi 5. Very expensive though, perhaps 10 times more per ml than the largest size of Meiji cow's milk. Not worth the additional cost. You can buy Lemnos (Australian) feta cheese which is about 220 baht per block, at Foodland or Villa. They sell 2 varieties: one made with cow's milk and one made with goat's milk. I believe the goat version is slightly more expensive, around 250 baht.

I have no problem finding goat cheese or feta (made from sheep's milk) in Bangkok. It's goat milk and goat milk yoghurt I'm having a problem finding a steady supply of.

And I have no problem whatsoever paying more for goat's milk than for cow's milk. To me it tastes way better and is healthier. YMMV.

Villa Langsuan is very inconsistent with their stock. I'll give Villa Ploenchit Center a try, thanks Thainess. The brand I like most is Dairyman of Thailand, excellent goat milk yoghurt, some of the best I've tasted outside Morocco.

There is a vendor at Bang Nam Pheung that sells fresh goats milk, it's obviously a bit out of the way and only open on weekends. I notice lots of regular customers Thai & Farang stocking up. I can ask next week end if she stocks any shoppes in BKK & report back.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Maybe ask her if she sells anywhere in the city?

In which case I'd eat the cat first.

Maybe milk it first?

I have seen fresh goat's milk in Or Tor Kor market in Chatuchuk, and organic-ish Thai-style fresh/wet market, easily access from the MRT (Subway: Khamphaeng Phet station, exit #3).

Found this old article: http://www.manager.co.th/IHT/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9490000087915

You could also ask a Thai friend/colleague to do a quick search of some Thai food/social forums where I'm sure they'll get the detail you need in less than 60 seconds.

Edited by lomatopo

I figured Or Tor Kor Market would have it, but I'm hoping to find somewhere in central Bangkok where I can pick some up once or twice a week.

I have asked several Thai friends if they know where to find goat's milk, and Googled in Thai myself, also, without success.

The Manager article, however, is a real boon, thanks. It mentions Dairymans, the local goat milk yoghurt brand I like most, but which I've been unable to find consistently.

I Googled the phone number in the article and was able to find their website, Happy to see they offer home delivery!

For anyone else who might be interested:

http://www.dairymansyoghurt.com/contact.html

products_goatmilk.jpg

I figured Or Tor Kor Market would have it, but I'm hoping to find somewhere in central Bangkok where I can pick some up once or twice a week.

Well it would be easy enough to go to Or Tor Kor once, buy different products, talk to people, then contact the suppliers directly.

Note that there was also a link to http://www.yanafarm.com/ in that article.

And any Thai person should be able to help you find a lot more information in less than 10 seconds, just have them type goats milk in Thai, in case that wasn't overly obvious.

นมแพะ

https://www.google.com/search?q=%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B0&oq=%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B0&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61.2316j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Well it would be easy enough to go to Or Tor Kor once, buy different products, talk to people, then contact the suppliers directly.

Note that there was also a link to http://www.yanafarm.com/ in that article.

And any Thai person should be able to help you find a lot more information in less than 10 seconds, just have them type goats milk in Thai, in case that wasn't overly obvious.

นมแพะ

https://www.google.com/search?q=%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B0&oq=%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B0&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61.2316j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

I read and write Thai, typed goat milk (นมแพะ) in Thai myself, didn't get anything useful at all.

Luckily I found Dairymans, and they offer home delivery, so no need to travel 12 km to Or Tor Kor/Chatuchak. Case closed, AFAIC. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

if your reason for goats milk is Allergies, then its not really an end-cure.

if it is the allergy reason, then you should try your hardest to give up milk.

milk is one of the biggest aggitators of adult humans.

ok,, its got calcium.

but calcium (for bones) is useless if you are not getting enough Vitamin D.

theres plenty of calcium in dark green vegetables and plants. (where do you think the cows get it from??) :)

anyway.. all the info is only if you are suffering from allergies.

otherwise ignore ;)

though,, on a personal note: giving up milk will make you a healthier person.

ok,, its got calcium.

theres plenty of calcium in dark green vegetables and plants. (where do you think the cows get it from??) smile.png

otherwise ignore wink.png

"but calcium (for bones) is useless if you are not getting enough Vitamin D."

If you're living in LOS and not getting enough Vitamin D you should try getting out more.

hi guys,

Maybe you can consider buy Goat milk powder from me? :)

We are importing The Netherlands' quality goat milk powder into Thailand and sell for industry to be value-added, nevertheless it is pure natural that we can use as drink same as fresh milk, but no need to be kept in fridge.

contact me if you are interested.

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 089 6601688 / 091 8789 168

cheers, wai.gif

Andy

ok,, its got calcium.

theres plenty of calcium in dark green vegetables and plants. (where do you think the cows get it from??) smile.png

otherwise ignore wink.png

"but calcium (for bones) is useless if you are not getting enough Vitamin D."

If you're living in LOS and not getting enough Vitamin D you should try getting out more.

as crazy as it sounds,,, Many people that live in SUnny Countries Avoid the sun like Vampires.

just see the indoctrinated Thai and Chinese girls here that are obsessed with White Skin.

They have no idea that "Lack of vitamin D" is a major concern for sickness.