Flying RC in Issan

Tagaa

I live about 20 minutes from the unused/abandoned airport in Loeng Nok Tha. That's south of Mukdahan & north of Amnat.

I have been going there to fly my RC aircraft. I know someone els does the same thing, as I found a piece of a crashed RC plane on the tarmac.

Just curious if anyone on the forum is interested in meeting up to fly.

It's the worlds best RC club...5000 ft runway, no obstructions, no other aircraft activity (except for the odd ultralight, although I never seen one flying there) and it's free. The downside is there is no shelter to get out of the sun (so I use an umbrella) and no tables, but the tailgate of my truck works fine for that purpose.

If you are close enough & want to meet up and fly, let me know. A PM is best as I don't spend much time on the forum.

post-46376-0-68602900-1397467207_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is a great site and I have flown there often.

Although I crash as much as most, I do not think the debris was mine!

There are quite a few meetings there including many jets. I supose you have just missed them.

It is used by both the Mukdahan and Amnat Clubs regularly.

I can put you in touch with members of the Mukdahan club if you are interested.
They are very regular fliers at there site behind Toyota in Mukdahan.

Some of the best Helicopter flying I have ever seen has been in Mukdahan and I attend, and often compete in The UK Nationals every August Bank Holiday.

Let me know if you want to join-up for a flying sesion.

I will be there all next week.( 12-16 May 2014)

Clive

Jig.... I assume you are in Issan and was hoping some of the others would respond. Lots of shops in Bangkok and most of them will ship by EMS. Several, like Nonthaburi Hobby and Bangkok Hobby Supply speak excellent English. If you lived in Chiang Mai, I could give you the location and number of an excellent local shop that would have you set in minutes.

• 4 months later...

If you want to buy a good plane contact Siam Interhobby [email protected] He will help you with everything you need. The Meridian is About 60% of the Aussie price !! A good airfield is Thoong Sri Gun. Its at the end of an Air Force base and has good facilities and 2 good RC shops. Its not far from the Amari Hotel Don Muang