German party urges new election for Thailand

webfact

Another farang who don't understand Thai people.Thai people don't want or need any election. Election is a farang culture, not applicable or suitable for Thailand.Unlike farang, Thai people respect and listen to our elder.

Obviously mindless trash but I am wondering whether I am missing the mischievous intent.Very frequently on this forum when political issues are discussed it's hard to know what is seriously intended and what is parody.In the case of the moronic nature of the above post the stupidity,ignorance, lack of perception is raised to such a level that I am tempted to believe someone is having a laugh.In which case I must apologise for failing to grasp the joke more quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to the OP, once again, outsiders are trying to impose their own idealogical society processes on something as complicated as Thai politics.

Absolutely no idea and hence should keep their traps shut on a situation they have little comprehension of.

"One man one vote." - Sure that means something in the West, but to many Thai's that idea is almost as foreign as a McDonald's cheeseburger.

Ridiculous statement, could have been Sondhi talking.

The only thing complicated about Thai politics is all the politicking to goes on behind doors by people with undue influence, much like what happens in "Western" politics . Do we ignore all the past elections that have been held, because, according to you, the Thais are not ready for One Man One vote?

Most countries where democracy is adequately working took a long time to get there.

Thailand been half-halfheartedly at it for about 80 years, without the "benefit" of the concept introduced via colonialism.

No need to ignore anything, but maybe need to realize you can't just take democracy of the shelf, implement it and expect it to work smoothly.

One man, one vote is a good start - need some other concepts learned as well, such as respecting elections results (both as minority and majority).

I don't think there's nothing wrong with saying a country isn't ready for democracy, if by that one recognizes that having a working democracy is a rather long process. Democracy isn't a black and white thing.

• Like 1

Surely, if there is one place on the planet that ought to understand the dangers of 'Electoral Dictatorship, Winner Takes All Politics, Popularism and Nationalism' it is Germany.

The past performance and current behaviour of Thaksin ought to ring a bell for them.

• Like 1

A slap in the face for the Yellow Whistle Mob.

Isn't Hitler from Germany?

How dare these German suggest what Thai should or should not do.

No shame. Go look into your own history first.

Do you know in which year we live?

Btw. Adolf H. was Austrian.

Hitler is a nationalizes German.

He had a German passport.

BTW, Austria belong to Germany (at that point in time). Didn't you watch The Sound of Music?

Edited by chotthee

@@ Chotthee - This is what I expect here, 80% brainless posts. Do you have any perspectives in your home country?

Edited by skiller

Hitler is a nationalizes German.

He had a German passport.

BTW, Austria belong to Germany (at that point in time). Didn't you watch The Sound of Music?

This country had Jews but replaced them with Moslems and who ever said they weren't smart.

Who gives a toss what the Germans want

This is Thailand not Fritz land whistling.gif

I said a similar thing when America was sticking it's nose in, man I got lambasted! People were taking time out from eating their burgers and reminding me of how Britain stormed around the World 200 years ago occupying countries -as if what happened 200 years ago has any bearing on reality today! Well said mate! Having said that, the German government is a million times better than my own when it comes to it's welfare of overseas citizens. A German freind of mine unfurtunately passed away a few years ago (in Phuket) and the German government send something in the region of 1000 euros a month to his Thai wife and 2 Thai/German children! So fair play there then!

Another farang who don't understand Thai people. Thai people don't want or need any election. Election is a farang culture, not applicable or suitable for Thailand. Unlike farang, Thai people respect and listen to our elder.

What utter tripe. There was a time, up until about 60-80 years ago, when Westerners TOO "respected their elders". However, time has shown Westerners that their elders tended to take them into useless wars and lied to them over and over again. Now, Westerners tend not to respect their elders.

The same will happen to Thailand one day. Everything takes time.....

Also, in Europe, about 500 years ago, people used to respect monks. Today, monks, the few that are left, live in solitude and mind their own business.

Correct... paradigm shift takes time - one day, years hence, this power-grab will be seen as the death throws of the "elders" and, as the rest of the world, Thailand will accept democracy as the only way and fight to retain and DEFEND it

Now we have thugs taking over government offices, blocking voting and harassing people in the name of "reform" another guy started like that back in Germany in the 30s

Democracy must be fought for and Germany, through all that pain and suffering (South Africa is another one), now stands tall and supports democracy and seeks to support Thailand through this difficult time much like an older sibling tries to advise a crazy adolescent that will not listen to common sense hoping, that when they 'grow up' they will put away childish things and take part in the ADULT world - one day, the sooner the better, Thailand will step into that world

• Like 1

Germans need to shut up and mind their own business.

Why?

Please remember the German history enough said about these poor fellows of evil people

Jog on my friend, that was 80 years ago.

My dear fellow and lover of Germany why do not known what they did 1944 less the 70 years ago or do you think that was nothing I am afraid to say you are covering up for them

Wow I would love to meet you for a little education

As to the OP, once again, outsiders are trying to impose their own idealogical society processes on something as complicated as Thai politics.

Absolutely no idea and hence should keep their traps shut on a situation they have little comprehension of.

"One man one vote." - Sure that means something in the West, but to many Thai's that idea is almost as foreign as a McDonald's cheeseburger.

The only thing complicated about Thai politics is all the politicking to goes on behind doors by people with undue influence, much like what happens in "Western" politics . Do we ignore all the past elections that have been held, because, according to you, the Thais are not ready for One Man One vote?

Most countries where democracy is adequately working took a long time to get there.

Thailand been half-halfheartedly at it for about 80 years, without the "benefit" of the concept introduced via colonialism.

No need to ignore anything, but maybe need to realize you can't just take democracy of the shelf, implement it and expect it to work smoothly.

One man, one vote is a good start - need some other concepts learned as well, such as respecting elections results (both as minority and majority).

I don't think there's nothing wrong with saying a country isn't ready for democracy, if by that one recognizes that having a working democracy is a rather long process. Democracy isn't a black and white thing.

Western culture invented and introduce the concept of democracy to Asia/ Thailand - really, time to take the cultural blinks off.

Democratic concepts and processes were in existence in India at the time of the Buddha and those concepts were integrated into the order the affairs of the Sangha

Why?

60 million dead 5 of my family and bombing my mother good enough for you,then the STASI abuses I don't think the Thais need any help from germans thank you.

Germans invading Afghanistan robbing the Greeks their border brothels their meddling in Ukraine.

Arbeit macht frei nie wieder

They should be thankful the Americans didn't nuke their heimat instead chose the defenceless Catholics of Nagasaki.

I think when Thais or anybody else needs advice from Germans they will ask,thank you.

Sonst noch?

Have you ever been in school?

• Like 1

Why?

because Thailand is none of their business! and neither is the Ukraine, Afghanistan, Papua New Guinea or alleged human rights violation in Northern Manchuria.

that's my [not so] humble opinion as a German citizen dry.png

Western culture invented and introduce the concept of democracy to Asia/ Thailand - really, time to take the cultural blinks off.

Democratic concepts and processes were in existence in India at the time of the Buddha and those concepts were integrated into the order the affairs of the Sangha

So you're saying Thailand has a democratic tradition older than that of Europe?

What went wrong, then?

@ Morch

I said that democratic concepts were included in the Buddhist teachings and applied by him in the management of the Sangha . Such concepts would have entered Thailand within the Buddhist teachings. The Thai people did not need the 'benefit's of the colonial experience to learn them

Why?

because Thailand is none of their business! and neither is the Ukraine, Afghanistan, Papua New Guinea or alleged human rights violation in Northern Manchuria.

that's my [not so] humble opinion as a German citizen dry.png

I disagree, Thailand is in need of help that much everyone knows, it's not quite the same as Ukraine. If you see somebody making a fool of them self you tend to help by pointing in right direction I see nothing wrong with what the Germans are doing the Thais will either take note or not.
  • Like 1

They are. There is a sizeable german expat community in Thailand and Germany is one the EU's major investors in Thailand. Germany has funded multiple social services projects and in case you missed it, was quite generous with its assistance on the construction of the BTS. Germany has a vested interest in Thailand and Germany is a responsible member of the free world.

The german statement was in support of a fair election and you protest. Not everyone is willing to sit silently while basic freedoms are crushed. The germs an position is representative of much of the free world's sentiment in this matter.

Not to forget that the Germans know quite well how reforms where carried out by a populist !

They are still very decent to state they not choose side, while they are worried to see a makeover from their reformer as the peoples leader !

They haven't been half heatedly at it. They just refuse to get the concept that ALL are equal in the eyes of the law. Thailand steadfastly refuses this concept.

That's the problem and it is slowly killing Thailand.

As much as I dislike Germans, I respect the country for having the courage and strength to look itself in the mirror and to take actions to prevent a repeat. No country in Asia has ever done that. Not the Japanese and certainly not the Thais who collaborated with the Japanese. Germany has learnt from its pasty mistakes. Has Thailand? Germany has earned the right, and I dare say, has a moral obligation to speak out on such a weighty issue as it once made some of the same errors as Thailand. Germany has a vested interest in Thailand and must speak out.

• Like 1

What does it have to do with Germany? The EU, US and NATO too.

I think they all have more pressing issues.

If Thailand descends into civil war or has another military coup, the west will pay the price. Human trafficking was at its peak when there was a military dictatorship in Thailand. The drug trade flourished. Thailand was the key transit point for heroin to Europe, Australia and North America. An unstable Thailand will facilitate Chinese creepage.