Pheu Thai to meet the EC without preconditions

webfact

Pheu Thai to meet the EC without preconditions

noppadol-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party will send a top representative to a meeting wth the Election Commission on April 22 and will not set any preconditions for the meeting, said Mr Noppadon Pattama, an executive committee member of the party, on Tuesday.

The private lawyer of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra affirmed that the best option for the country to resolve the long-running political conflict was to let the people to choose their own future and to set the course of the country through the ballot boxes in a free and fair manner.

Citing the preconditions that the party used to set before meeting with the EC such as the Democrat party must attend the meeting too and that the meeting must be televised live, Mr Noppadon insisted that this time there were no such preconditions or any other preconditions from the party.

He said that the election must go on no matter what would be result of the Constituional Court regarding the future of caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra regarding the case of National Security Council chief Thawil Pliensri.

On the move by a group of people to propose the invocation of Article 7 of the Constitution to appoint a interim prime minister, Mr Noppadon said the proposal was beyond the scope of the Constitution and there was no justification for its invocation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pheu-thai-meet-ec-without-preconditions/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-15

• Like 1

PTP showing leadership... let's hope a new date is set for elections and the PDRC thugs are kept at bay

if the Dems do not fight another election it will be another nail in their political coffin

Showing leadership ?

I note however that they are not going to sent their leader.

Lets hope that PT can control their red thugs should any court verdict go against them, assuming of course they want to control them and not encourage them.

• Like 2

PTP showing leadership... let's hope a new date is set for elections and the PDRC thugs are kept at bay

if the Dems do not fight another election it will be another nail in their political coffin

Showing leadership ?

Lets hope that PT can control their red thugs should any court verdict go against them, assuming of course they want to control them and not encourage them.

They'll be lucky enough to scent her!!!

She has enough history to be labelled as the new Scarlet Pimpernel

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Melyn

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So, there's your answer, Dems..... we take it you will attend also now anyway?

Can we get a positive response from the PTP leader in Thailand , instead of some over indulged trumped up lawyer from Thaskin Shinawatra, dictating what the PTP will do , it appears on the face of it , the PTP cannot make decisions, so you have just taken possibly a fatal step at reconciliation.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Leadership?

Yingluck's being pulled along by her short and curlies

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Doing her brothers dirty deeds , done dirt cheap

"The private lawyer of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra affirmed that the best option for the country to resolve the long-running political conflict was to let the people to choose their own future and to set the course of the country through the ballot boxes in a free and fair manner."

Let me rephrase, what that sneaky backstabbing Thaksin lawyer means:

"let the people!hardcore redshirt mercenaries choose their own future and to set the course of the country through the ballot boxes in a free and fair manner continue to terrorize everyone who is against Thaksinocracy and maintain the rest of Thailand hostage to keep the vote buying and vote terrorizing going."

"Do it my way or die the high way..."

• Like 1

Stupid comment......PTP have absolutly zero intellect and no leadership qualities at all...a new election won't happen for months....Thaksin is desperate to have an election now.....can't you see that??

• Like 2

A message given by Thaksin's lawyer means leadership? Now we know why the ptp can not lead the country.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

A message given by Thaksin's lawyer means leadership? Now we know why the ptp can not lead the country.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

mr speaker i refer the gentleman to my previous post..w00t.gif

Why not have a referendum on reform before or after elections ? Have say two weeks of televised debate and every party puts forward the reforms necessary, set up ATM,s to accept a ID no. so people don't have to go home to vote,no intimidation as they wont have to vote the village line and can vote at their leisure over say a week.No campaigning,no bullying.To me its the only way out of this mess.The dems should agree as their bitch about unfair electorates should be nullified and the ptp should agree because the vote is their mantra.

• Like 2

Once again we see Thaksin telling PT what to do and when and how.

More than a puppeteer, the ruler of Thailand from afar.

Is that a problem?

Ruler of Thailand from afar...Better than coup-maker rule from close by.

At least one has electoral credentials....the other one a swift electoral boot in the hind end, when they finally dared to hold an election. After they thought they had demonized Thaksin sufficiently to make him and his local political elements irrelevant.....WRONG!

• Like 2

Showing leadership ?

"Lets hope that PT can control their red thugs"

PAD-Dem's denigrating red shirts when they have never met one, but believe the agenda they are fed.

Talk about being out-of-control....Look no further than Lumpini for that.

So you are saying that if we want to see an out of control red we should look at LP - so they got there when they are out of control - you do realise that people have been going there shooting protestors. Are you suggesting that there is a connection?

• Like 1

Can we get a positive response from the PTP leader in Thailand , instead of some over indulged trumped up lawyer from Thaskin Shinawatra, dictating what the PTP will do , it appears on the face of it , the PTP cannot make decisions, so you have just taken possibly a fatal step at reconciliation.

"reconciliaton'?...... With arrogant PAD-Dem's who denigrate their political opposites, fomenting hatred and driving more and more nails into their electoral coffin every day.....Reconciliation?....laughable and ludicrous...Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy will regulate matters..Forget reconciliation fuzzy-wuzzies..End of story..

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

Stupid comment......PTP have absolutly zero intellect and no leadership qualities at all...a new election won't happen for months....Thaksin is desperate to have an election now.....can't you see that??

And PAD-Dem's are desparate to avoid an election...I prefer advocating for an election I am sure to win, then striving to avoid one for fear of losing.

A question of winners and losers, you see!

"reconciliaton'?...... With arrogant PAD-Dem's who denigrate their political opposites, fomenting hatred and driving more and more nails into the electoral coffin every day.....Reconciliation?....laughable and ludicrous...Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy will regulate matters..Forget reconciliation fuzzy-wuzzies..End of story..

For crying out loud, try another angle this ones got whiskers on, your getting very boring indeed. Tell your elected party you have an idea they have done something wrong, and NOT carried out their electoral promise .

You have been asked a thousand times give us a list of their wonderful achievements. I have a good idea you will not, because seriously I am trying to put my finger on things they have done since elected BY YOUR LANDSLIDE.

• Like 1