HIV Testing Chiang Mai

TheBiggestIdiot

Hey i'm new to this site but so far it has been really helpfull. 2 weeks ago i had sex with a thai prostitute(yes it was me and not some friend) but the condom broke and eversince i have been scared shitless...i have looked up the symthoms and i have been experiencing some of them :(...

But tomorrow i'm going to Chiang Mai and in was wondering if there is a good hospital where i can get checked for hiv this week.

I know there is a test that works after 3 months of possible infection and is quite cheap but i want to know it now because if the result is positive i will take the first plane back home for treatment... I prefer an anonymous test because i do have a girlfriend she is visiting in 2 months...i know i shouldn't had sex in the first place but i was really drunk and the taxi driver used my drunk ass :S i ended up paying him 2000bath and some thai hooker 7000bath...

Edited by TheBiggestIdiot

Wow thanks for the fast reply :)

And this "clap clinic" does the HIV pcr(rna/dna) test as well? I googled a lot yes and al i'm hoping is that i have been scaring myself but i want to be sure...i arrived 2,5 weeks ago in Bangkok and since the incident i havn't had a enjoyable day yet :(

Well....i haven't told her yet. Because i cheated on her(not intended sad.png )

And i wont tell her till i have done a test and had some results because i i'm so afraid of loosing her...

I meant the prostitute is probably more worried than you!!!

• Like 2

When you go to the clinic, try to get some valium or other anti-anxiety meds.

Then do some research with the Center for Disease Control, NHS, universities, etc, on female-to-male hiv transmission before you fly home for more testing.

You stand a much greater risk of being killed on the way to or from the airport. Maybe your plane will be hijacked by terrorists. Could happen.

• Like 2

All public hospitals offer HIV and STD testing. Results in 3 days. Even is the result is negative, you will be asked if you had non protected sex on the last 6 months. If you did, they will ask you to use condoms for the following 6 months and come back for a new test.

Edited by umbanda

There is HIV antigen test that could be done easily and at reasonable price however it's not as accurate as Viral load(PCR), which is normally not recommended as screening test. If it is positive, you likely to have the disease, if negative it does not rule out the HIV 100% though as it takes time for the virus to multiply itself to certain amount to be tested. Let's say if the partner had full blown aids, means load of viruses in her body chance you have contracted the HIV is high and the antigen could be positive. On the other hand if she has no disease or has it under controlled, the antigen test is certainly negative for the first situation and the follow up antibody test will also be negative , for the second scenario you may have the negative antigen test in the beginning as the viral was too low to be detected but the antibody will be positive later on.

Test can be done Lab and hospital. I doubt it if the hospital would do it anonymous for you but it is confidential test as you know.

As the other poster said chance of heterosexual to contract disease from one sexual contact is quite very low so hope you are on the majority side. By the way there is PEP( post exposure prophylaxis) Treatment for non medical profession too but normally start the ARV within 72 hours.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Id be utterly amazed if you were positive but if you are worried then its worth testing for peace of mind.

I once had a test in the Ram hospital and would not recommend it at all. Once it got from the labs to the nurses on the desk where I was waiting, the envelope was open and the nurse called me out, then she took a cheeky look at the result before handing it to me. Didnt like that at all though enjoyed the negative result somewhat.

Good luck to ya bud.

Edited by marcusmarsh

CM Ram hospital about 450bht for a HIV test.

Go to reception, fill out the patient record form.

Go to the blood testing right at the back of the main entrance.

They take blood within 10 minutes.

Come back for the results an hour or two later.

I should point out that symptoms of HIV take months to appear.

If you have symptoms in 2 weeks, more likely something else.

Also, HIV because a comdom broke, almost impossible.

On the other hand, taxi driver using your drunk ass, very possible.

Rajavej also offer similar experience. Withdraw blood, get test results back in a couple hours.

I had one done there a couple years ago. My employer's insurance company required it of all Farang employees for some reason.

-Mestizo

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The chance of you catching HIV from hetrosexual sex is miniscule if it was a ladybiy and it was anal Ok your chances just shot up but its a complete misguided conception that having hetrosexual sex will cause you to catch HIV

unless

1.) They are injecting drugs and sharing needles but even then you need to have open woulds for the virus to enter your body

2.) it was not really a woman and was a man

Do the research and wipe away all the BS they try to feed you and look at the statistics and you will find its almost impossible for a guy to catch HIV from a woman although very easy for a woman to catch it from a guy.

The biggest at risk are Homosexuals and Drug users who inject

Dont worry about it just move on .

Now bring on all those that are going to tel me I dont know what I am talking about LOL

the U.S. Center for Disease Control disagrees. It does note that circumcision dramatically lowers the susceptibility to HIV infection. Here's one link:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/research/malecircumcision/

• Like 1

Your girlfriend is going to be joining you in 2 months, but you will not know for sure if you are 100% clear until 2-3 months. I hope you will use condoms with your girlfriend until you are 100% clear of any infections you can pass on.
Bad enough that you are a pathetic boyfriend that would cheat on her, but you would be a truly evil person if you had unprotected sex with her if not 100% sure you are in the clear.

• Like 1

The chance of you catching HIV from hetrosexual sex is miniscule if it was a ladybiy and it was anal Ok your chances just shot up but its a complete misguided conception that having hetrosexual sex will cause you to catch HIV

unless

1.) They are injecting drugs and sharing needles but even then you need to have open woulds for the virus to enter your body

2.) it was not really a woman and was a man

Do the research and wipe away all the BS they try to feed you and look at the statistics and you will find its almost impossible for a guy to catch HIV from a woman although very easy for a woman to catch it from a guy.

The biggest at risk are Homosexuals and Drug users who inject

Dont worry about it just move on .

Now bring on all those that are going to tel me I dont know what I am talking about LOL

the U.S. Center for Disease Control disagrees. It does note that circumcision dramatically lowers the susceptibility to HIV infection. Here's one link:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/research/malecircumcision/

They have been cooking the books on HIV figures for years, many of the the 'heterosexual' men who catch HIV are closeted homosexuals.Op's chances of catching something from a one off sexual encounter from a woman? not worth worrying about. Im not advocating unprotected sex with strangers of course as theire is plenty of other nasty stuff out there -herpes,warts etc etc

• Like 1

Your girlfriend is going to be joining you in 2 months, but you will not know for sure if you are 100% clear until 2-3 months. I hope you will use condoms with your girlfriend until you are 100% clear of any infections you can pass on.

Bad enough that you are a pathetic boyfriend that would cheat on her, but you would be a truly evil person if you had unprotected sex with her if not 100% sure you are in the clear.

Indeed! What kind of pathetic louse would have sex while visiting Thailand? Wait, I think I know one, maybe two.

• Like 2

Pathetic boyfriend? Get over it... What's pathetic is that a tuk-tuk charged 2,000 baht to bring a guy to a 7,000 baht hooker!

• Like 1

Herpes is a far more likely outcome from (inadvertently, but nonetheless) unprotected sex with a sex worker. I know a guy who...

Condom (intact or broken) is no protection against herpes.

Supposedly so widely spread that 1 in 5 Americans have it (US survey).

Doesn't show symptoms within 2 weeks either.

• Like 1