Google Chrome Snitch Hiccup

sensei

Google Chrome Problem
I was searching for information about certain movies last night on Google search using Google Chrome on a Mac.
I wanted to see the reviews about Snitch that stars Dwayne Johnson (awfully bad BTW) so I typed in Snitch IMDB on the search bar.
Got the information I wanted about the movie (still bad)...
This morning, whenever I do a search on Google, the search I did on that movie keeps on coming back.
I have deleted my search history, cookies, and all. I have restarted both Chrome and the computer but nothing has changed.
Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Is there a known way to get rid of this?

@RichCor

Thanks for the link. I've goggled for a solution but the signal to noise ratio is just crazy.

Then it might be LastPass. I removed Chrome last night. I opened Safari to get Chrome back.
The exact same thing happened in the Google search in Safari.... snitch imdb

Went on to reinstall Chrome and decided to call it a day.

I opened the computer this morning a bit afraid of what I will see.

Lo and behold!

Problem gone.

LastPass is a password 'wallet' application that auto-fill form fields with any data you've entered.

It's the one that made sense, after reading that you'd already cleared histories and cookies. But if you don't have it installed then something else that does a similar auto-fill was in play.

Though good to know that the issue mostly resolved itself.

Your google foo is weak brother

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3655205?start=0&tstart=0

"Wait Whoah. I think I've figured out a temporary solution until Google corrects the script. It has to do with the new "instant search" feature. That's what seems to be causing the problem. If you go to your google search page, and click on "search settings" (the little gear wheel in the upper right corner. you can disable the instant search feature by clicking "do not use instant search". Make sure to save changes. Still testing, but i think it solves the problem.. No "instant search" but does that really matter? Safari 5.1.2 ,OS 10.6.8"

Turn off instant search fixes the problem.

I removed Chrome and installed it again. Problem gone.
Could be LastPass or autofill.
Should be related to google because the same thing happened in Safari.

The only good that I see here is that it got stick on that particular query and not on other searches...

Solved!

Thanks for the replies.