Retirement extension money seasoning question

For a "Jack & Jill" list try pattayacityexpats dotcom

An update for those using a pension (less than 65K/month) plus income deposit to satisfy the extension (retirement) requirements.

In Phuket Immi they now require "the balance" to be "seasoned" for 90 days.

I know the "rules" say otherwise but the over-riding "rule" is always that it is up to the discretion of the Immi officer you face (this came from the OIC) even after furnishing a copy of the Police Order saying "seasoning" is not required if using the "income plus" option.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

An update for those using a pension (less than 65K/month) plus income deposit to satisfy the extension (retirement) requirements.

I know the "rules" say otherwise but the over-riding "rule" is always that it is up to the discretion of the Immi officer you face (this came from the OIC) even after furnishing a copy of the Police Order saying "seasoning" is not required if using the "income plus" option.

Suspect the "requirement" is an attempt to stop/reduce the incidence of "account stuffing" !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Suspect the "requirement" is an attempt to stop/reduce the incidence of "account stuffing" !

I'm sure you are right.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you thepool. Do they accept UK bank statements as evidence and source ?

I believe so IF they are original documents.

My person experience would suggest they prefer original source documentation such as annual statements from pension providers etc.

Annual statements from pension providers are IMHO also to be preferred by those applying for Embassy income confirmation letters, because these show gross figures - whereas bank statements, of course, only show net figures after the jolly old taxman at HMRC has taken his share sad.png

Edited by OJAS

• 3 months later...

Sorry I don't understand this "seasoning" and overseas income stuff.

I have been using my Baht800,000 on single fixed deposit for over 10 years OK. without any isssues.

I have a fixed pension of about Baht 200,000 p.a. paid quarterly by UK Gov. which I use for modest living expenses. I have my own apartment.

I was thinking/hoping that this (200,000) could top up my living expenses, by using a Baht600,000 Fixed Deposit only..

For example I could withdraw 200,000 from fixed deposit and spend it during the next nine months, but need to replace it again!

As the 200,000 in total must be in the bank for 3 months prior to applying for retirement, plus the 600,000 , what is it's purpose, effectively it cannot be spent ???

Thanks to anyone who can clarify.

If you use the combo method the rule is simple:

The money in the bank account in Thailand plus the yearly income (proven with a letter from your embassy) must equal 800,000.

In your case, if you get a letter from your embassy confirming your yearly income of 200,000 baht you only need to show 600,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand.

If you use the combo method the rule is simple:

The money in the bank account in Thailand plus the yearly income (proven with a letter from your embassy) must equal 800,000.

In your case, if you get a letter from your embassy confirming your yearly income of 200,000 baht you only need to show 600,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand.

Thank you very much. next time I will present a bank letter plus all the other stuff (paraphrasing Gary Oldman)

), and my letter from Embassy with a bank letter for Deposit of 600,000 only.

I will also be sure that I have more than the "top-up" in my savings (current) a/c. for longer than any of these mysterious seasonings.

In the event of Immi saying no-no, I will produce the evidence of havinh had a toyal of 800,000. A dry run so to speak.

Sorry my attempt at levity has obscured that ( "I will also take my bank book showing an excess of 200,00 in it for over 2 months)...and my letter etc.

Previous experiences (many) for Immi visits( Extensions, Re-entry, notify change adress, register vehicle ownership et al.) have proved to me that whenever I fullfil all the published requirements, there is ALWAYS something else required.