Abhisit claims Ex-Premier Thaksin still hopes for a royal pardon

webfact

"The Democrat Party Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva claims that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra still has hopes of gaining a royal pardon."

Just stating the obvious to stay on the stage. Maybe, he doesn't want to be seen as Suthep's understudy.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Mr. Abhisit accused the governments then and now of having hidden motives behind their election"

Well you can safetly say that Abhisit is not going to run for elections again. If he's doing the "elections as a Thaksin plot" thing, he's just lining up his excuses.

I think the line up now is:

Democracy: People, Military, Pheu Thai and 53 other parties

Middle: Part of NACC, part of EC, part of Independent agencies

Premocracy: Democrats, a few partisan appointees in NACC, EC, and other agencies

I don't fancy your side much, Abhisit. Perhaps their best strategy is to send you and Suthep to jail and clear the way for an electable leader instead. Someone with more votes and fewer massacres.

Though he is no saint but Abhisit is not yet sentenced by court. He has stated clearly he will face justice. Though he is no Evil Thaksin has been eloping since 2008. Had he accepted the justice he will be PM since 2010....

AFAIR in Thailand a criminal conviction bars the persom from becoming an MP or in the government in any way.

THIS is why Thaksin wants a Royal Pardon.

Shouldnt he be convicted first in order to apply for a royal pardon ?
Where have you been? He already was convicted in absentia. Rather than defend himself he ran since he knew he was guilty already and would be imprisoned

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ah ok , my wrong , i think it was actually serve jailtime in order to get that pardon

Send with Commodore 64 using Thaivisa Connect Mobile App

He will never get a Royal pardon, he has not admitted his crime and shown no regrets.

OMG another one

Please troll, go back to your cave.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Shouldnt he be convicted first in order to apply for a royal pardon ?

He was out on bail , pending more serious charges and under investigation for Human rights abuse by the UN, which has miraculously stopped , I wounder why.

...investigation for human rights abuse by the UN...

Where does that come from??? I can think of only one UN institution that investigates human rights abuses and that would be the International Criminal Court, only dealing in war crimes and only, if the courts of the respective country in which the crimes were committed or the suspect comes from cannot or will not deal with the crimes.

To my knowledge it was all about Thaksin's money. To my knowledge no court and no-one within the Democrats gave a flying f..k about shot dealers or southern terrorists (wash't he even commended by the king for the drug "raids"?????? not certain about that, though)

The UN certainly does investigate Human rights, it is one of its core functions. I have read not too long ago that they are investigating North Korea.

Anway, not sure what the HR investigations were all about, don't remember them myself.

For Thaksin's pardon I dont understand why anyone would assume he qualifies for a Royal Pardon. There is no reason that I can see as to why it would benefit the country at all. It seems it would just cause more problems judging by the protests around his charges being whitewashed.

He was after all convicted and I understand he has more charges against him pending. If he is innocent of the charges surely he can afford a lawyer competent enough to squash the charges? I can only draw a logical conclusion that he is guilty and he knows it because fleeing your homeland forever is a very drastic step.

I also remember that the UK cancelled his Visa after they received details of his convictions which is why he is now residing in Dubai.

I do not understand why extradition is not proceeding, he is a former PM on the run convicted of corruption whilst in power. I would have thought that this would be of interest to Interpol creating a red notice for all member nations where arrest is enforceable. You can be sure if it was a banker convicted of defrauding the bank for serious cash that would certainly be the case.

So, Royal Pardon, don't get it, and don't get why people think it should be on the cards.

• Like 2

10 years after his conviction he will be a free men (Statue of limitation). Same as the bother from Chuan Lekpai that took over 200 million Baht from former Thai Farmers Bank (now Kasikorn) and who went off to Taiwan and came back after 10 years.

I don't think the statute of limitations applies to people who have been convicted and subsequently escaped. The prosecutor just has to get the trial started before the statute of limitations expires.

This is an issue for the 8 or 9 other charges against Thaksin but not in the Ratchadapisek land case.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Those who state that Thaksin will never get a royal pardon demonstrate their lack of knowledge on the current impasse. If things follow their natural course, the one thing he will get is a pardon. Suthep and his crowd know and are doing everything possible to stop that natural course of events.

This is spot on.