Charge battery for motorbike impossible to buy (find) in Samui

Hello every one on the Island

It is the second time I forget my keys on my motorbike in the garden, but with the light on permanently of course the battery was flat again, I thought no problem I will buy a charge battery (for the next time)

Could you believe it, impossible to find one, after few motorbike shops, the big one in Lamai, forget name but on the main road, next to Harley-Davidson, then just across the road there is a rather big car accessories shop, no have, Home Pro no have! In front of Tesco/home pro a little shop sells second hand car battery but no charger.

So if some one have an idea where I could find one before my personal battery goes flat I would be very grateful. Of course the battery is charged now, so no hurry...but since many things come in three whistling.gif

Gentlemen thanks in advance anywaysmile.png

(Other forums maybe too, but yes some Samui members are real gentlemen thumbsup.gif )

Maybe have a look in Big C, Tesco Lotus, or Home Pro. They each have a section selling bits and pieces for cars. you might find one there. Watch out for dodgy Chinese electronics though.

Edited by phetphet

I went into a small mom and Pop hardware and asked , daughter spoke english, she said yes up high on a shelf covered in dust. So I would go into all hardware shops and ask. Might help if you get Thai translation for Battery Charger.

Glad I am not the only one who leaves keys on,facepalm.gif it's a right pain not having a kick start on a bike! (PCX) although I have not done it in a while, it tends to kill the battery after a while ! wink.png

These chargers must be around, every bike fix it shop seems to have them.... usually charge about 20 baht to charge up... OK if you are close to a shop!

Spoonmans idea looks interesting! Soput Electric might be a good chance as Sketcher suggests! (tomorrow!) thumbsup.gif.... I would think some of these small shops that have every thing, may hab! ? But knowing the Thai words would probably help!

Glad I am not the only one who leaves keys on,facepalm.gif it's a right pain not having a kick start on a bike! (PCX) although I have not done it in a while, it tends to kill the battery after a while ! wink.png

These chargers must be around, every bike fix it shop seems to have them.... usually charge about 20 baht to charge up... OK if you are close to a shop!

Spoonmans idea looks interesting! Soput Electric might be a good chance as Sketcher suggests! (tomorrow!) thumbsup.gif.... I would think some of these small shops that have every thing, may hab! ? But knowing the Thai words would probably help!

Thai = charge batterEE

R

OK so what's Charger.... then! tongue.png

Thai = charge batterEE

R

OK so what's Charger.... then! tongue.png

Chaaaage

• Like 1

I bought my battery charger in a small shop iin Maenam. Just about 100 m before the post office coming from Bophut on the same side as the P.O.

They are selling batteries and all kind of spare parts and electric tools

Good luck

Cheers,

Carlos

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

No problem to charge it, we have two motorbikes, my wife can go in minutes, plus she have a kick start, me on PCX of course no, for the Thai words I know (kruenchaart bateriiiiiiiii lol), every one understood for sure since they told me to try there or there!

Tomorrow I will follow other advices, as I said there is no hurry now.

But I would like to have one, and since I am convince I will end my life in Thailand ( Samui not sure) I never hesitated to buy anything, looking at my huge toolbox some would laugh at me. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Maybe have a look in Big C, Tesco Lotus, or Home Pro. They each have a section selling bits and pieces for cars. you might find one there. Watch out for dodgy Chinese electronics though.

I have been, Teco may me, Home Pro may me, thanks anyway.

Every car accessory shop sells battery chargers - the same for a bike as it is for a car.

R

Every cae accessory probably...certainly not in Samui, for instance a rather big one in front of Harley-Davidson on the main road Bophut, sorry sold every one, come back later I have!

Plus if I could find a small one, electronic that not weight a few kilos for nothing, nowadays even in Samui maybe its possible, I am an optimistic smile.png Thanks for answering!

If you want to buy a charger forn yourself, you have been looking in the wrong places if you find it impossible. Any shop that sells batteries has them. I live in BFE Isan. Samui has them for sure.

I must agree "impossible" is a bit too much, OK at least not so easy.

Most thanks for ..."any shop who sell battery" but...

...as far as I know every bike shop do sell battery no have

shop for car accessories, of course do sell batteries, no have,

the shop in front of Tesco/Home Pro who sells nothing but batteries (OK its an old lady) but no have.

If you allow me, before asking (bothering) anyone I move my <deleted> a minimum wai.gif

But thankfully, TV for that type of mini problem is a marvel, same as if you had many friends who could answer most of your little every days questions, I had a few good advices, I will have a look tomorrow.

Tesco Lotus always has Carr brand battery chargers in the automotive/motorbike section. About 900-1000 baht.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I did look and ask, in both Tesco Lamai and Chaweng, mai me, but thanks for aswering.smile.png

I eventually gave up searching in Rayong when some shops said they could charge for me, but didn't have a charger for sale.

Had to import one from a company in the States.

Heading from Bophut ,just past the post office in Maenam on yur right , there is an accessory shop, sound, tint etc...Opposite there is a battery & car, bikes supplements, oils, globes etc...... Try there you might be lucky.

Heading from Bophut ,just past the post office in Maenam on yur right , there is an accessory shop, sound, tint etc...Opposite there is a battery & car, bikes supplements, oils, globes etc...... Try there you might be lucky.

wai.gif Roo

...If I do not find anything right now, at least I will know the island a little better smile.png

...then one day, unexpectedly I will find one.

Edited by Tchooptip

wai.gif Roo

...If I do not find anything right now, at least I will know the island a little better smile.png

...then one day, unexpectedly I will find one.

Yep.... sometimes that is the way it works....it will probably be the closest shop to where you live!!!...... meanwhile remember to switch off / take out your key! wink.png tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi every one thanks again for the replies.

I am ashamed because I forgot to update sad.png so finally I found one...in BigC, I remembered the phetphet's answer and found it, a rather cheap one at 990 Bahts, 6amp but perfect for motorbikes .

Have a good day.

• Like 2

I am ashamed because I forgot to update sad.png so finally I found one...in BigC, I remembered the phetphet's answer and found it, a rather cheap one at 990 Bahts, 6amp but perfect for motorbikes .

Have a good day.

Well just remember to take your key out ..... I am much better at that now! facepalm.gif

Thanks for letting us know the out come, thumbsup.gif ...... too many don't bother! rolleyes.gif

Have a good day.

Well just remember to take your key out ..... I am much better at that now! facepalm.gif

Thanks for letting us know the out come, thumbsup.gif ...... too many don't bother! rolleyes.gif

Normally I don't ( not every time at leastsad.png) but since I Park it in backward due to the slope in the garden the PCX stops automatically so sometimes....