Another critical point looms with verdict: Thai analysis

webfact

You are correct. We should all bow down to and relinquish all power to Thaksin the Magnificent. The Savior of Thailand, Solver of All Problems. The Only Person Who Cares for the Poor.

Rubbish!

Where is it written the power should be relinquished to a megalomaniac who has shown he is ready to sacrifice all Thailand if he can't get his power back?

You are also correct. We should accept quietly like in 2006 these usurphers of democracy who trampled on people rights to choose. These same usurphers that refused to share the wealth and continue to keep the people uneducated and poor so they can lord over them.

Where is it written anywhere in the world except N Korea that power should be taken by might and keep their citizens subjugated.

Thaksin, the 'Education PM'. Name one way he improved education in Thailand in the six years he had political dominance.

You speak as if there is a monolith of power that share the spoils but keep only Thaksin from sharing. You have it backwards. Thaksin tried to get a monopoly on corruption in Thailand.

The Establishment did NOT gain their power through force (neither did the Kim family in N. Korea for that matter) (by any chance, did you get your education at a Red Village school?) Thaksin is the one, through the UDD, that is trying to seize power through force as exampled by his paid Red mob in 2010.

Revisionist much?

I didnt mention Taksin the educator but since you mentioned, here are his education policies - school decentralization, learning reform and curricular decentralization through use of holistic education and less rote learning, Student loan fund for poor citizens to universities, Income contingency loan program and One district one dream school project.

Kim didnt gain power through force?? Where have you hiding last 50 years??

UDD seize power?? They demonstrated for a new election something alien to people like you and the PDRC.

You DID get your education in a Red Village school!

Kim arrived in the Korean port of Wonsan on 19 September 1945.[22][23] In December 1945, the Soviets installed Kim as chairman of the North Korean branch of the Korean Communist Party.[24]With backing from the Soviets, he became chairman of the Interim People's Committee on February 8, 1946, making him "the top Korean administrative leader in the North."[22][24]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Il-sung

Where is it written anywhere in the world except N Korea that power should be taken by might and keep their citizens subjugated.

When was this power in Thailand taken by might? I can't find any reference to such an occurrence on the internet. (See above Wiki page that Kim did not take N. Korea by force either) References, please.

Also, I can't find anywhere on the internet that the people of Thailand are 'subjugated'. References, please.

Hyperbole much?

You are correct. We should all bow down to and relinquish all power to Thaksin the Magnificent. The Savior of Thailand, Solver of All Problems. The Only Person Who Cares for the Poor.

Rubbish!

Where is it written the power should be relinquished to a megalomaniac who has shown he is ready to sacrifice all Thailand if he can't get his power back?

You are also correct. We should accept quietly like in 2006 these usurphers of democracy who trampled on people rights to choose. These same usurphers that refused to share the wealth and continue to keep the people uneducated and poor so they can lord over them.

Thaksin, the 'Education PM'. Name one way he improved education in Thailand in the six years he had political dominance.

You speak as if there is a monolith of power that share the spoils but keep only Thaksin from sharing. You have it backwards. Thaksin tried to get a monopoly on corruption in Thailand.

The Establishment did NOT gain their power through force (neither did the Kim family in N. Korea for that matter) (by any chance, did you get your education at a Red Village school?) Thaksin is the one, through the UDD, that is trying to seize power through force as exampled by his paid Red mob in 2010.

Revisionist much?

I didnt mention Taksin the educator but since you mentioned, here are his education policies - school decentralization, learning reform and curricular decentralization through use of holistic education and less rote learning, Student loan fund for poor citizens to universities, Income contingency loan program and One district one dream school project.

Kim didnt gain power through force?? Where have you hiding last 50 years??

UDD seize power?? They demonstrated for a new election something alien to people like you and the PDRC.

You DID get your education in a Red Village school!

Kim arrived in the Korean port of Wonsan on 19 September 1945.[22][23] In December 1945, the Soviets installed Kim as chairman of the North Korean branch of the Korean Communist Party.[24]With backing from the Soviets, he became chairman of the Interim People's Committee on February 8, 1946, making him "the top Korean administrative leader in the North."[22][24]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Il-sung

When was this power in Thailand taken by might? I can't find any reference to such an occurrence on the internet. (See above Wiki page that Kim did not take N. Korea by force either) References, please.

Also, I can't find anywhere on the internet that the people of Thailand are 'subjugated'. References, please.

Hyperbole much?

18 times in Thai history that might used and N Korea was formed by a show of hands.

OK, subjugation was too much of a exaggeration much in line with Yingluck government being accused as dictorship or Taksin as Hilter.

• Like 1

Excellent, excellent, .... all is going well.

Politicians on all sides are virtually immobilized and unable to do much of anything.

Now, if only we can get some good Thai citizens and create posts for them to take care of the country's business and society's needs, all will be well and the country will progress rapidly. Throw in some people from all walks of life, farmers, businessmen, teachers, a couple of ex-monks.

Remind me again, who was that red troll a couple of weekls ago who kept posting. " It's over. You lost. Go home." ???? Seems there is a couple more acts in the play to make it onto the stage yet.

Nicely explained in that article. Even a dyed in the wool red head could follow that

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No, not Fryslan boppe It is too simple for him, he will dissect it and rearrange it to suit his BDP (http://www.borderlinepersonalitytoday.com/main/anon.htm)

He's a lost cause.

He's the equivalent of Thaksin's bald cat

I thought he was Thaksin, or perhaps, Robert Amsterdam. cheesy.gif

And I was under the impression that the courts Not the Nation will decide on the guilty or not guilty verdict, in it's 5 possible scenarios where did it say the courts could give a not guilty verdict, I think this will not happen but it seems unsurprisingly the Nation has again shown is bias yet again, any Suthep supporters care to show otherwise?

They said

Following the verdict, there are five possible scenarios.

Not guilty is basically 'impossible'.

Nicely explained in that article. Even a dyed in the wool red head could follow that

No, not Fryslan boppe It is too simple for him, he will dissect it and rearrange it to suit his BDP (http://www.borderlinepersonalitytoday.com/main/anon.htm)

He's a lost cause.

He's the equivalent of Thaksin's bald cat

The bopper's got you guys talking to yourselves which is good cause coup the more you post to one another coup the more you are distracted from the fight. It's been about a month now coup you guys have been read every heavily biased coup Nation article to figure how the bopper will coup shred it.

A coup is a coup is a coup. biggrin.png

Who let the pigeons out !? Who, who coup coup !

This coup can't happen thrice in less than 10 years. No Taksin PMs have survived a full term and now Yingluck faced the same fate. This is more than coincidence and certainly more than the charges laid out to all of them. The pattern is blatantly obvious that there are powerful forces that refused to relinquish their power and share their wealth and willing to destroy the country to serve their agenda. Suterp and Ahbisit and all their supporting casts are just lackeys of this powerful force.

Yep Eric. Two lots of elite, well connected old-money Hi-so's duking it out. Bangkok v/s Chiangmai. Only one uses the marquis of Queensbury rules. The other is represented by cagefighting rules It is no co-incidence Eric. Thaksin is bad for Thailand, plain & simple. His one stroke of genius was being the first politician to keep some electoral promises to the people of the North & N/E. I sincerely personally hope the Dems & other politicians of Thailand have learned their lesson. It was a cruel punishment to Thailand as a whole to inflict Thaksin on the country to try & teach other politicians not to lie before elections. Probably a bit too much to hope for though. Thailand has not got a real good handle on the Democracy thing. But they at least understand voting now. Further enlightenment on the social and civil responsibilities of Democracy will eventually percolate down, given enough time. Keep up hope. And look to the future, not the past. Hint: Thaksinism is in the past, now, (nearly).

Deerhunter, slugging it out is healthy politics if all observe the same rules and the fight is in the same boxing ring. It's when one side decide to use their own rules and will not fight in the same ring, then we have chaos and unhappy spectators.

Taksin one stroke of genius unfortunately or fortunately awaken the de-franchised portion of the population and will not be a passive spectator like pre 2006. Sorry to say that this aspect of Taksinism will be a new permanent feature of politics and to me it's positive.

I only see hope in election and not anything else. Election like meritocracy will bring out good and better politicians provided that the political climate is conducive. That is to say, no more coups and no judiciary double standard.

• Like 1

In the closing months, weeks, and days of the Nixon administration it seemed as if the process was endless. And yet, suddenly he resigned, Ford was sworn in the following day, and there was this collective sigh of relief - even from Republicans. They just wanted to get on to the next chapter. This too appears endless, but at this point we can see that it is developing into a critical mass. Slowly but surely - even with all the delaying tactics that have been employed, and all the ones yet to come - Yingluck and her battered administration are running out of options. Option 5 is the cleanest, and affords the best chance for a fresh start. Options 4 and 5 clear the slate of Thaksin. Options 1, 2, or 3 keep him hanging on - by a thread. But there is no question that his grip and options have greatly receded in the last six months. The country has changed, just as it has each successive year when no one was looking. And change has caught up with this moment.

One of these threads just wouldnt be the same without your (admittedly well articulated) lengthy analysis promising a victory for the dear leader is in sight. Days have become weeks, weeks have becomes months, yet good old Scamper is on hand to put some spin on the most mundane of stories as a Suthep victory in the making biggrin.png

PDRC chief Suthep Thaugsuban has vowed to establish his "sovereign power" and appoint his own PM and cabinet

Sovereign power!?!? Surely thats a mis translation or has this megalomaniac taken his fantasies to a whole new level? They actually border on lese majeste at this stage, the only person who can appoint anyone is the King.

It will never happen anyway, the army will have long since stepped in to prevent the bloodbath that would occur following "sovereign power" being transfered to this cretin. Perhaps then we could have real elections and rid Thailand of both Suthep, Abishit and the Shins forever.