Just kinda on a bummer, married life.

heyyoufarang

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is absolutely a different standard of truth telling going on in this country. I cant begin to count the number of times a girl has told me she didn't say (or write) something she clearly said (or wrote) or that I'm "too serious" bc I believe something that's blatantly apparent. There is also an amazing number of women here that insist they don't have a bf, but eventually confess they do. They'll even brashly say something like, "Okay, fine, I do, but I'll get rid of him for a chance with you."

It's almost like a part of life in this country. I'd say to survive here, you have to assume half of what people are telling you is a lie or very exaggerated. Or just bad information. Sometimes is not an outright lie. Not to the Thais anyway. It's more like a very dangerous version of what we Americans call "bulls#!tting".

There seems to be less of this going on among well educated, financially stable Thais that have more or less always had everything they wanted or needed. Same in the west. Lying is an addictive strategy that one uses to get what they want or need. But I'd be very hesitant to trust a Thai girl in matters of love, or anything else. Even the desperate ones that have given up on finding a good Thai man. Remember lads, there's plenty of older Thai guys with money that would gladly have at it with mid to late thirties gf or wife. They're not all after the young ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You will get there young man..you will understand it 1 day.....On your last 2 lines.....not so i think....

everything you state, is true and correct, within the confines of your experience, which is apparent
a superior sixth sense, is not needed,
just need "eyes" open,
in what I saw, the guys doing the pursuing werent offering enough security, which is on the mind of most 30+ females
wym, reviews this best

Fair enough. I usually make a point of saying "most" when I make a blanket statement about Thais. But the fact remains "truth" has a very different meaning here. And there's certainly a bit more tolerance for lying.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is absolutely a different standard of truth telling going on in this country. I cant begin to count the number of times a girl has told me she didn't say (or write) something she clearly said (or wrote) or that I'm "too serious" bc I believe something that's blatantly apparent. There is also an amazing number of women here that insist they don't have a bf, but eventually confess they do. They'll even brashly say something like, "Okay, fine, I do, but I'll get rid of him for a chance with you."

It's almost like a part of life in this country. I'd say to survive here, you have to assume half of what people are telling you is a lie or very exaggerated. Or just bad information. Sometimes is not an outright lie. Not to the Thais anyway. It's more like a very dangerous version of what we Americans call "bulls#!tting".

There seems to be less of this going on among well educated, financially stable Thais that have more or less always had everything they wanted or needed. Same in the west. Lying is an addictive strategy that one uses to get what they want or need. But I'd be very hesitant to trust a Thai girl in matters of love, or anything else. Even the desperate ones that have given up on finding a good Thai man. Remember lads, there's plenty of older Thai guys with money that would gladly have at it with mid to late thirties gf or wife. They're not all after the young ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You will get there young man..you will understand it 1 day.....On your last 2 lines.....not so i think....

everything you state, is true and correct, within the confines of your experience, which is apparent
a superior sixth sense, is not needed,
just need "eyes" open,
in what I saw, the guys doing the pursuing werent offering enough security, which is on the mind of most 30+ females
wym, reviews this best

Fair enough. I usually make a point of saying "most" when I make a blanket statement about Thais. But the fact remains "truth" has a very different meaning here. And there's certainly a bit more tolerance for lying.

Truth in Thailand is not the same as the actual definition of Truth.

I learned that

• Like 1