Fuel tanker jumps red light, whacks Phuket cop's car

webfact

Fuel tanker jumps red light, whacks Phuket cop's car
Anthika Muangrod

1397711523_1-org.jpg
Today's crash.

PHUKET: -- An 18-wheel fuel tanker today (April 17) collided with a car after the truck went through a red light at the Tesco-Lotus intersection on the bypass.

Unfortunately for the driver of the Saha Oil Transport tanker, the car he hit belonged to Pol Capt Supawit Suwanpirom, who was driving from Samkong to Thung Thong Police Station. Fortunately, no one was injured.

“I was coming down the slope [from the north] when I saw the light change to flashing amber but I couldn’t brake in time. You can see from the tyre marks,” the truck driver told The Phuket News, declining to give his name and walking away.

“The light was green and I was driving as usual, said Capt Supawit. “He ran through the red light and crashed into my car.”

Distressed at the damage, Capt Supawit ordered traffic police to get a sample of the truck driver’s urine.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/fuel-tanker-jumps-red-light-whacks-phuket-cop%E2%80%99s-car-45735.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-17

Off all the other victims he could have rammed , he choose this one !!

Bit unlucky and no time to run either .....

facepalm.gif

Not the sharpest tool in the shed! (About as sharp as a bowling ball!) clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifburp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Ever notice that when lights turn amber in Thailand, everyone speeds up so they can make the light? As it turns red, they are really gassing it! Learned this real fast when driving a motorcycle here that you have to be wary of "The Red Effect" at intersections. It is a bit surprising to see that gas carriers are in the same game.

• Like 2

The sad part is when there is a kid on a bike sitting there. This happens every minute in Thailand. Traffic flows well after the red light is there, and in front of police, they do nothing.

No doubt he did not even consider if he had to stop, like being in a low gear. No doubt foot to the floor, as said, biggest counts.

The sad part is when there is a kid on a bike sitting there. This happens every minute in Thailand. Traffic flows well after the red light is there, and in front of police, they do nothing.

No doubt he did not even consider if he had to stop, like being in a low gear. No doubt foot to the floor, as said, biggest counts.

"No doubt foot to the floor..."

Yes, on the brake. Read the report.

Ever notice that when lights turn amber in Thailand, everyone speeds up so they can make the light? As it turns red, they are really gassing it! Learned this real fast when driving a motorcycle here that you have to be wary of "The Red Effect" at intersections. It is a bit surprising to see that gas carriers are in the same game.

Just for the fun of it, why not ask a few Thais what the amber (yellow) light means! I've done this, and was consistently told that Red means stop, Green means go, and Yellow means go fast. blink.png

Take your survey.

• Like 1

So, you should stop at a red light in Thailand ! I learn something everyday living here.

Yes- Red means stop in Thailand.

Green means go.

Yellow means hurry!!

Very informative. Thank you.