TV options with no land line internet ?

cornishcarlos

I have tried to pice things together from different threads on here, but it just gets complicated and frustrating :)

There must be lots of people in the same situation as me, live outside town with no access to internet other than IPad or phone. So, how do I go about getting TV set up so my lovely wife can watch movies and soapies in the evenings ?

Is there an easy way to go about this, would be nice to be able to watch some sports too ?

If anyone can give a basic step by step of how to set something up, it would be much appreciated.

Location is just outside Suratthani.

Thanks

You go to any TV place and they will install sat C-Band antenna for about 2-300 free channels for about 5,000 baht - takes about an hour or two. You have choice of several decoder systems and options to pay more for special channels (but unless you need English stations probably will not need).

• Like 1

Umm, you don't need the internet to watch TV :)

There are several satellites based options, ranging form 1200 Baht "PSI OK" systems with all FTA channels and no ongoings, to 2000 Baht/month+ for the top Truevisions package. Or you could just go for a regular antenna and have all the grainy FTA you want for a few hundred Baht.

True has a package for some 3k Baht per year. Lots of channels including some English language options. You pretty much have to call them as it's not really listed on their website.

We paid 2-3k Baht or so for a small dish and get 50 channels. 40 of which are worthless, but great for the maid and the MIL to watch the major free to air TV channels here. No yearly fee, shows all the soaps also!