Will a military coup effect my savings?

Thailand economy is about to crash

Find safer pptions

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Are you suggesting I take all my money out in cash or transfer it overseas?

Is there a safe limit of savings were one would not be effected if the economy were "to crash"?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

when you find out let me know. never keep more money in Thailand than you can afford to lose!

The voice of experience perhaps, what happened, gave your PIN to a bar girl maybe?

• Like 1

Find safer pptions

Are you suggesting I take all my money out in cash or transfer it overseas?

Is there a safe limit of savings were one would not be effected if the economy were "to crash"?

when you find out let me know. never keep more money in Thailand than you can afford to lose!

So if you live and work here what do you do?

Also, do you take the same approach in your home country?

From what the odd poster has said in here it's best under your mattress.

And there's plenty of "odd posters" in this thread!

The problem I have with this topic is that drive by commentators drop in, pass comment about how dangerous Thailand is, how easy it is to lose money, the banks and the economy are near to collapse - yet nobody, not a single poster, can back up their views with anything close to fact or evidence. I'm not sure why that is, perhaps it's just emotion rather than fact, or perhaps they're just really bored. Regardless, it all leaves the wrong impression in the minds of those who are looking for a serious answer, sad really.

And there's plenty of "odd posters" in this thread!

The problem I have with this topic is that drive by commentators drop in, pass comment about how dangerous Thailand is, how easy it is to lose money, the banks and the economy are near to collapse - yet nobody, not a single poster, can back up their views with anything close to fact or evidence. I'm not sure why that is, perhaps it's just emotion rather than fact, or perhaps they're just really bored. Regardless, it all leaves the wrong impression in the minds of those who are looking for a serious answer, sad really.

Fair and good post.

Find safer pptions

And what are we basing this in depth analysis on ?......You don't read the financial pages, do you?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Find safer pptions

And what are we basing this in depth analysis on ?......
You don't read the financial pages, do you?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I do....but as we all know for the most part the financial pages are guessing and speculating beneath all the BS they write

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Non of the last 19 coupes effected saving before, so no reason the next one will...

You are right, at least the last one , not to say that it wont happen ,I am afraid the next coup (If it Happens ) will not be peaceful like the last one.

Yes right, so condo prices in Bangkok are going to continue increasing at 10% a year, all over the country expensive hotels and condos are being built that remain empty most of the time, the rice pledging scheme can't be paid for, many first time car buyers haven't been recompensed, Thailand is living in a credit bubble, rice farmers driving huge trucks, land prices insane... ... this has nothing to do with an impending coup all though that doesn't help.