Wife asks for money to massage me?

kwaussie

You know why people think foreigners are suckers here in Thailand? Because is the stupid questions asked in seriousness here. If you have to post such a question then you really are a sad individual.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start charging her for sex. Explain that if not paid - it's a bad omen. See what happens.

BTW, I've heard of this superstition only applied to 'magic' and readings of future, - never to massage, treatment of condition, operation, etc.

"Start charging her for sex. Explain that if not paid - it's a bad omen. See what happens."

For this to be analogous, there's a few assumptions buried in that idea.

1. That he's been training as a prostitute and his teacher told him to charge.

2. That if she has to pay for it, she may find better value from another supplier.

And, of course, she may decide that she's the one who should be charging.

the last part... She should be charging... May I ask as to why? There is a surplus of females here. Maybe she should pay as the op could easily find many more SUPPLIERS

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

You know why people think foreigners are suckers here in Thailand? Because is the stupid questions asked in seriousness here. If you have to post such a question then you really are a sad individual.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

As you are such a smart arse, why would you bother to read the question and further waste your time replying in such a negative manner.

Similar to walking into a Thai Chinese shop. If you are the first customer of the day, they expect you to buy something. They use it as a barometer of the days' business. giggle.gif

Interesting, I haven't heard about that before.

I wanted to pick up on that she can earn 60$ an hour in Oz.

So a Thai massage is more than 60$ an hour there w00t.gif

not sure if my mother inlaw (uggh that sounds horrible. My dads wife sounds better) makes decent coin doing massages in Brisbane. Ive no idea if happy endings are involved or not but the joint has a special on at the moment @ $60.00 for the hour.

http://www.mystylethaimassage.com/

a discount @ $60? What a rip, gotta be a rub & tug for sure @ that much. Any place's in oz do soapy massages yet?

A couple of years ago I had a Thai massage in Oz for $50. $60 today sounds about right and there is definitely no happy ending involved.

Start charging her for sex. Explain that if not paid - it's a bad omen. See what happens.

Other men is what will happen - not a good idea.

Well if he unwittingly neus.gif married a ho, why the, <deleted.> (I did that myself, BTW) should he give a <deleted>? I deleted that one myself too laugh.png .

Almost every Thai girl I know in the UK does extras ďuring/after the massage. A friend of mine got married to a Thai girl and set her up in a salon/massage/hairdressing place just off Sukhumvit in Bangkok. After a month or two of marriage (he worked offshore 28/28 somewhere in India and started to get the tell-tale signs, phone frequently going missing, speaking to him from the bathroom, not contactable for long periods so he asked me to visit one Saturday afternoon. I'd seen her once before in the flesh and was confident she wouldn't recognise me. She read out the menu to me prior to the massage, we got to the crucial stage and as they say I made my excuses and left. To be fair it took some willpower. My friend wasn't happy and immediately pulled the plug. So many of them are absolute masters of the art of deviousness

Almost every Thai girl I know in the UK does extras ďuring/after the massage. A friend of mine got married to a Thai girl and set her up in a salon/massage/hairdressing place just off Sukhumvit in Bangkok. After a month or two of marriage (he worked offshore 28/28 somewhere in India and started to get the tell-tale signs, phone frequently going missing, speaking to him from the bathroom, not contactable for long periods so he asked me to visit one Saturday afternoon. I'd seen her once before in the flesh and was confident she wouldn't recognise me. She read out the menu to me prior to the massage, we got to the crucial stage and as they say I made my excuses and left. To be fair it took some willpower. My friend wasn't happy and immediately pulled the plug. So many of them are absolute masters of the art of deviousness

I think it is time to seek out the Thai massage places in my area, and test this theory!

She is a professional masseuse. It is a bad habit to give away your service that you rely on for a living. If you are a mechanic do you fix all of your friend's cars for free? If you are a teacher do you tutor all your friend's children for free lets say from 6PM to 10 PM every night.

Her teacher is right and is training her to be a professional. Massage all day long is hard work.

Pay up you cheapskate. Your wife will have the money not the local massage parlour.

Its an acceptable superstition - just like no 13th floor in a hotel. My wife used to charge me but now uses me as a guinea pig for her trainees - great idea, but also to learn her own new walking on body with the side of an ankle technique - bad idea. $ 60 in Oz has been the same fee for a professional massage for years

No such thing as an "acceptable superstition".

Unless your a simple minded fool that is.

She is a professional masseuse. It is a bad habit to give away your service that you rely on for a living. If you are a mechanic do you fix all of your friend's cars for free? If you are a teacher do you tutor all your friend's children for free lets say from 6PM to 10 PM every night.

Her teacher is right and is training her to be a professional. Massage all day long is hard work.

Pay up you cheapskate. Your wife will have the money not the local massage parlour.

Would you charge your wife to fix her car?

Would you charge your children for helping with their homework?

If so.you`re the cheapskate.

Agree, he probably pays his own gf/wife " a salaryyyyy".

She "say"... he "say" and you are Australian ?

Your example : "she even say if family member still have to charge something"

Correct English "she also said that even if the massage is for a family member she still has to charge:"

Is grammar constructed differently in Australia ?

Or are you training in this stupid Tinglish language one hears so much here?

The pigeon English many ENGLISH SPEAKING people use even when speaking to fluent English speaking people.

Supposedly its to make Thais understand but it only makes their grammar worse................ plus it pi**es off English speaking people who wonder "why are you speaking to me like that when I can understand perfect grammatically spoken English"

I suspect OP just accidently slipped into the vernacular with which his wife speaks.

But (and this is tongue in cheek)if you are going to be the Grammar Nazi then get it right.

Pidgin, not pigeon English.

It's, not its.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about us doing Thais no favours by speaking this Tinglish crap.

We can simplify the language, slow down, and speak clearly with proper grammar and help them out so much more.

I feel I must respond to the posting.

Its or It's (and I agree "It's" is correct), is a punctuation error. Nothing to do with grammar

Pigeon or pidgin is a word I have never written or read before. I only ever heard it spoken. I should have looked it up first.

You are correct, I spelt it wrong. However, again, nothing to do with grammar.

I had a girlfriend that worked in a restaurang. With your kind of logic she should charge me like it was a restaurant every time she cooked a meal for us!!!!!

• Like 2

How does this work?

Been together 4 years, while waiting on final visa to Australia i pay for her to get massage lessons from official school in Bangkok and has certificates.

She can make $60 hour in Aussie, anyway when i ask for massage she say i have to pay her small amount as teacher say if she doesn't charge she can get very sick

she even say if family member still have to charge something.

That's a dumb teacher but never mind. Educate her: the root of her belief is like another poster stated, superstition. But if she follows that belief system then I am sure she knows that giving without expecting anything in return has never made anybody sick and it is not going to happen.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BTW, I've heard of this superstition only applied to 'magic' and readings of future, - never to massage, treatment of condition, operation, etc.

I am going to guess they will not have sex anymore. lol I don't think this is the card to play.

Would you learn the Thai customs?

Even though some are superstition?

Or do you prefer easy bashing based on ignorance?

Most Thais believe if one massage someone it is to help the person, that it to say take off some problem-pain-stiffness or whatever, if one do not ask any money he will collect the person's problem for himself, BUT, 1 Baht 10 or 20 Baht would be enough so nothing to do with cheapskate, but superstition yes!

if she was asking in a sweet loving way, and not like a 1970's vietnamese mammasan with a cigarette hanging from her mouth and a pencil in her ear,

what would be the harm in throwing her 100 baht?

After a short time she would charge him for other things also ;)

if she was asking in a sweet loving way, and not like a 1970's vietnamese mammasan with a cigarette hanging from her mouth and a pencil in her ear,

what would be the harm in throwing her 100 baht?

Perhaps you have lost the plot mon ami................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Would you learn the Thai customs?

Even though some are superstition?

Or do you prefer easy bashing based on ignorance?

Most Thais believe if one massage someone it is to help the person, that it to say take off some problem-pain-stiffness or whatever, if one do not ask any money he will collect the person's problem for himself, BUT, 1 Baht 10 or 20 Baht would be enough so nothing to do with cheapskate, but superstition yes!

As I understand it, the OP's wife / gf wanted to learn massage, the OP paid for the course.

Now course complete she wants to charge the OP for a massage, but the OP wants it for free.

If I paid for the course I would want a massage for free as well.

Same as if my wife wanted an oven for the kitchen (which she did) I expect a hot meal once in awhile and NOT have to pay extra for it.

• Like 1

It means that you have a wife but not a real relationship. facepalm.gif

Go ahead and pay her but give her a rent bill for living in your home, and dont share your food with her.

Sorry to say but you're wrong.

Most likely she have been told by her instructor to charge everyone for massage.

As it is a profession, she "has" to charge something, but the instructor left out she could do her husband without charge or the instructor assumes she is with him for the money so he just gave her the initiative to charge.

I'm very sure there were no explanation to why, or just a blatant lie from the instructor.

Some people here in Thailand also belive when doing massage on someone, you actually massage out sickness like, cancer, different kind of deceases, skin problems and even liver and kidney problems.

Thus exposing the masseuse to those sicknesses.

Whata ya do in a country like this. I haven't made my wife to stop believing in stupidity, so why expect any farrang to be able to do that.

My wife still believes she can dream about lucky numbers or see numbers on a frog.

Apart from that, she is quite educated and middle class like.

Yes you are right, generally Thais are as dumb as a brick.

It means that you have a wife but not a real relationship. facepalm.gif

Go ahead and pay her but give her a rent bill for living in your home, and dont share your food with her.

Sorry to say but you're wrong.

Most likely she have been told by her instructor to charge everyone for massage.

As it is a profession, she "has" to charge something, but the instructor left out she could do her husband without charge or the instructor assumes she is with him for the money so he just gave her the initiative to charge.

I'm very sure there were no explanation to why, or just a blatant lie from the instructor.

Some people here in Thailand also belive when doing massage on someone, you actually massage out sickness like, cancer, different kind of deceases, skin problems and even liver and kidney problems.

Thus exposing the masseuse to those sicknesses.

Whata ya do in a country like this. I haven't made my wife to stop believing in stupidity, so why expect any farrang to be able to do that.

My wife still believes she can dream about lucky numbers or see numbers on a frog.

Apart from that, she is quite educated and middle class like.

Yes you are right, generally Thais are as dumb as a brick.

Nah - dumb like a fox.