Thai-born British citizen accused of lese majeste by her own parents

webfact

If found guilty for disrespect, I hope she go to jail to the limit of the punishment. 5 years for every disrespect. That will be good for her. Thailand do not have such disrespectful people. We all love the king more than our parents. Don't believe me, just ask anything Thai you know.

It is like you people live in the middle ages stating that she should be put in prison for 5 years for speaking her mind. Also, what kind of person loves the King more than their parents? Never heard such stupidity.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If found guilty for disrespect, I hope she go to jail to the limit of the punishment. 5 years for every disrespect. That will be good for her. Thailand do not have such disrespectful people. We all love the king more than our parents. Don't believe me, just ask anything Thai you know.

It is like you people live in the middle ages stating that she should be put in prison for 5 years for speaking her mind. Also, what kind of person loves the King more than their parents? Never heard such stupidity.

ahh its ok...this person is obviously an idiot and completely brainwashed into believing the superiority of everything in his country...THIS is the reason why Thailand has never amounted to anything on the world stage...nitwits like these

You are correct. The British regime now routinely persecutes citizens for breaking the artificial taboos of its imposed multicultural order. Whilst it is still permissible to criticise royalty, a raft of political thought-crimes legislation has passed on to the statue books since Tony Blair was elected in 1997 and British citizens have found themselves in court, and sometimes in jail for many years, for being caught being stridently critical of: Jews, Muslims, homosexuals, feminists, non-whites or mass-immigration. Royals are still naturally popular amongst the indigenous though and so, representing the historical link between past and present, they are still fair game in the minds of the treacherous cosmopolitans who've slyly captured us in their cage of social-engineering legislation.

As you say, Assange and Snowden are also examples of what happens when anyone exposes how these creatures operate. Thailand certainly has problems, and Thais are clearly indoctrinated in the mythology of the-one-we-cannot-criticise, but the globalists have created an extremely illiberal mess in the West. A clash of civilisations, to coin Samuel Huntington's phrase. Having said that, two wrongs don't make a right, Thailand's "lesse majeste" laws do look ridiculous from here and I'm glad that a Thai managed to develop her own mind on the matter. Congratulations to her.

Best piece of eloquent, deviant misinterpretation and pile of nonsensical prose I've read in long time.

Nonsensical prose? You mean that you did not understand it. So let me simplify it for you: the rafts of law which have been introduced to punish expressions of dissent against multiculturalism mean that UK citizens no longer have freedom of speech. In addition to that, citizens who expose how the new world order operates, people like Assange and Snowden, are hunted down like game. But, be that as it may, UK citizens are still free to openly criticise royalty, Thailand's lesse majeste laws are ridiculous from a UK perspective and have more in common with Kim Jong Un than with Elisabeth Windsor. So, as I'm sure you'll agree, it is obviously a good thing that a Thai has developed her own mind on the subject.

I hope this has helped you understand my original post.

Most Thailand expats seem to be disenfranchised with their usually more civilised home nations. Many don't have a good word to say about home. Cheap young pussy really does appear to impair memory function and the faculty of fair critical comparison.

Well I'm certainly not here for any of that. So by your argument that means my critical thinking is unaffected.

And it isn't really about being disenfranchised, it is about weighing up and assessing the pros and cons of all nations. In England my various flats or houses were burgled over a dozen times, I was repeatedly mugged in the street (and I'm a disabled lady), I saw a lot of behaviour that was not the "civilisation" you speak of. In Bangkok I have been neither burgled nor mugged in many years visiting here.

On-topic though, I have great respect for the UK, and the Queen of England. I am not a critic of her, she has served her country every day, and if you read about her life you will understand that especially in her youth, the role she was born into was a very demanding and exhausting one.

I have, if anything, greater admiration and respect for the most illustrious and magnificent HMTK in my adopted nation. I always judge a person by their actions, and I have the utmost respect for this person because of those actions. I can not compare those many benevolent and unifying actions, to the actions of a hairdresser who seeks to be an internet sensation by insulting people in a remote and verminous manner.

coffee1.gif

Thanks for your personal anecdotes but I fail to see how they show your ability to think critically or even vaguely challenge my implied assertions that the UK is a more civilised country than Thailand or that many on here cannot recognise this because, in the face of so many objective measures, they are emotionally attached to it not being true.

A Thai moves to England, gains British citizenship, and then exercises her new found freedom of speech. In doing so she ruffled some feathers in Thailand. Coincidentally, last week a North Korean official attempted to make a hairdresser in England remove a poster of Kim Jong Un from his shop window. It seems that, had you chosen North Korea as your new abode, you might have approved! Bad luck to you if that is what you're in to.

... UK citizens no longer have freedom of speech....

That statement alone is preposterous enough to make unnecessary any further reading in you politically biased elucubrations. But, as others have correctly said, opinions vary.

What I find interesting is that it's a relatively recent law- it's not something that existed for centuries and centuries, and it's only really in the 21st Century that accusations of it and court cases started flying about (an increase of over a thousand percent or something from previous time periods). Well

The law has been around for a long time it is just that over the last 8 years or so it is being used as a political tool.

Since 1908 apparently, so that's not long. or was there another in it's place before?

That statement alone is preposterous enough to make unnecessary any further reading in you politically biased elucubrations. But, as others have correctly said, opinions vary.

It's not preposterous if you are a UK citizen who has had the pleasure of a dawn raid for social media comments or if you have been banged up for "offending" certain well-connected minority activists on your website or if you have been banged up for speaking your mind about immigration in public and so on... Not sure what "elucubrations" are but they cannot alter the facts of the matter.

I understand that you all love the King and I think that is great. But could you explain to me exactly why you think it will be good for her to be punished for not loving the King?

It's not preposterous if you are a UK citizen who has had the pleasure of a dawn raid for social media comments or if you have been banged up for "offending" certain well-connected minority activists on your website or if you have been banged up for speaking your mind about immigration in public and so on... Not sure what "elucubrations" are but they cannot alter the facts of the matter.

Finally you've made your point clear, you've been punished for libel, or more likely hate speech. Serves you well.

Anyway, your whining about the UK and its policy is self-centered, and off-topic.

Edited by paz

• 1 month later...

If you read her Facebook page (Chatwadee Rose Amornpat), her arguments are coherent, but when you look at some of her videos, you get the feeling she has mental problems or is heading that way eg see some of her Youtube videos from Youtube user 'Mahavittayalai Prachachon'.

Also, there seems to be a backlash in Thailand against her and her parents. Saw one video from Youtube user 'Thana Thamdee' threatening her and her parents, so you can see why her parents tried to distance themselves from the affair.

Absolutely.

I found her video where she was stepping on a particular photo as disturbing.

She is heavily tattooed, over weight and obnoxious. who is course and quite honestly vile, her nickname should be, poison Ivy.

The woman said she has 2 children, perhaps she married in England and then left her husband and that`s how she managed to gain British citizenship, I know a few Thai women that have done the same.

She is definitely trying to spread her word and gain a lot of publicity for herself, but she is absolutely one big crank case of the first degree and wouldn`t want her to style my hair as she looks the sort that could cut someone`s throat. I wonder if one of her favourite toys as a kid was a Chucky doll?

Well .

her husband left her recently as he could not cope with her antics any more , disturbing ? yes indeed , as to someone else referring to her has probably having mental problem you might not be far of the mark .

just a little insight . before aiming her bitterness at the thai monarchy she was directing it at other thai ladies living in uk , mostly on facebook ... always referring to them as pattaya bar girls and trying to discredit their little facebook business( load of thai wife in uk are selling thai stuff to the thai community on facebook ). she just directed her anger and hatred at someone else

And no wonder with such parents!

• 3 weeks later...

If you read her Facebook page (Chatwadee Rose Amornpat), her arguments are coherent, but when you look at some of her videos, you get the feeling she has mental problems or is heading that way eg see some of her Youtube videos from Youtube user 'Mahavittayalai Prachachon'.

Also, there seems to be a backlash in Thailand against her and her parents. Saw one video from Youtube user 'Thana Thamdee' threatening her and her parents, so you can see why her parents tried to distance themselves from the affair.

Absolutely.

I found her video where she was stepping on a particular photo as disturbing.

She is heavily tattooed, over weight and obnoxious. who is course and quite honestly vile, her nickname should be, poison Ivy.

The woman said she has 2 children, perhaps she married in England and then left her husband and that`s how she managed to gain British citizenship, I know a few Thai women that have done the same.

She is definitely trying to spread her word and gain a lot of publicity for herself, but she is absolutely one big crank case of the first degree and wouldn`t want her to style my hair as she looks the sort that could cut someone`s throat. I wonder if one of her favourite toys as a kid was a Chucky doll?

Well .

her husband left her recently as he could not cope with her antics any more , disturbing ? yes indeed , as to someone else referring to her has probably having mental problem you might not be far of the mark .

just a little insight . before aiming her bitterness at the thai monarchy she was directing it at other thai ladies living in uk , mostly on facebook ... always referring to them as pattaya bar girls and trying to discredit their little facebook business( load of thai wife in uk are selling thai stuff to the thai community on facebook ). she just directed her anger and hatred at someone else

she would fit in well on TV.

NCPO to ask foreign govts to extradite lese-majeste offenders

BANGKOK, 10 June 2014 (NNT) - The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has requested the British government to extradite a Thai woman facing a lese-majeste charge http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5706100010004

Very unlikely outcome, the woman is clearly mentally unstable and needs therapy not prison.

Edited by englishoak

BANGKOK, 10 June 2014 (NNT) - The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has requested the British government to extradite a Thai woman facing a lese-majeste charge http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5706100010004

Very unlikely outcome, the woman is clearly mentally unstable and needs therapy not prison.

I believe that Britain the same as Australia are against the lese majeste law so doubt that they would even consider an extradition request.

Scary development nonetheless.

What a bizarre request from the NCPO. This woman is simply exercising her right

to free speech. You may not like what she is saying, but in England she still had a

right to say it. In the international community , the NCPO has thrown a bit of egg

on its face....I am sure the Brits are having a bit of a laugh at this request.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I believe that Britain the same as Australia are against the lese majeste law so doubt that they would even consider an extradition request.

Everyone is against the lese majeste law.......except Thailand.

I hope she is extradited and given life in prison for her heinousness behavior.

I completely disagree. I believe in free speech and I think her punishment should fit her crime, which is actually not a crime in England or at worst a civil libel.

From the little I know the woman appears to be mentally unstable having ostracized all her friends and family, and has guaranteed herself that she cannot return to her homeland. The actions of a normal thinking person?

Try walking down downing street with a Hezbollah t-shirt and head scarf on - and see how far your British freedom of speech gets you with that!

Try walking down downing street with a Hezbollah t-shirt and head scarf on - and see how far your British freedom of speech gets you with that!

Unfortunately some of our Muslim brothers have done more than that, and not only have the authorities failed to stop them, they have protected their right of free speech.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

big difference between free speech and hate speech, you only wrote a few sentences and yet everyone can see your political views a mile away. What the <deleted> are you doing on a website called THAI Visa anyway or do they get a free pass from your hatred?

Throwing their own daughter under a bus to save face is the lowest form of selfishness.

I understand what you mean, and that was my first reaction too - but then realizing that she is in her thirties, and is a UK citizen living over there and obviously has severed ties with her parents (they have not been in contact for some time), it has obviously got to the point where the daughter is taking actions overseas that are endangering her parents lives and lifestyle here in Thailand; she has refused to stop, so they have to take action.

If they say nothing, then it may be seen that they are complicit in flouting the law, and there may be a danger of their being arrested as well.

If the daughter has no consideration for her elderly parents, and despite their plea to stop, she continues, in some ways I can see that there is virtually no alternative, short of leaving the country themselves - which is obviously not going to be desirable, and probably totally impractical even if it were possible.

I hate to say it, but I can't defend the daughters actions, and I do understand the parents position.

Could I do such a thing myself? No.

I agree with you.

If the londoner girl had consideration for her parents, she could have done like Chitpas, the Singha Heiress that is fighting with the PDRC. She changed her surname and she publicly declined the heritage in order to protect the reputation and the name of the family.

We can like or dislike her cause, but that decision was very kind from her.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Chitpas-to-drop-her-Bhirombhakdi-family-name-30222775.html

Surely the point should be that everyone is free to say what they think, without the family feeling the need to dis-own her/him to save face or protect the family name.

Time for this country to pull itself out of the middle ages...for all that Thailand offers, it needs to get a grip when it comes to something like this and realize that it isn't the center of the world and other countries in the world have a lot better things to do then focus their time and efforts on extraditing a woman practicing free speech in a country she is a citizen of

Most Thailand expats seem to be disenfranchised with their usually more civilised home nations. Many don't have a good word to say about home. Cheap young pussy really does appear to impair memory function and the faculty of fair critical comparison.

Well I'm certainly not here for any of that. So by your argument that means my critical thinking is unaffected.

And it isn't really about being disenfranchised, it is about weighing up and assessing the pros and cons of all nations. In England my various flats or houses were burgled over a dozen times, I was repeatedly mugged in the street (and I'm a disabled lady), I saw a lot of behaviour that was not the "civilisation" you speak of. In Bangkok I have been neither burgled nor mugged in many years visiting here.

On-topic though, I have great respect for the UK, and the Queen of England. I am not a critic of her, she has served her country every day, and if you read about her life you will understand that especially in her youth, the role she was born into was a very demanding and exhausting one.

I have, if anything, greater admiration and respect for the most illustrious and magnificent HMTK in my adopted nation. I always judge a person by their actions, and I have the utmost respect for this person because of those actions. I can not compare those many benevolent and unifying actions, to the actions of a hairdresser who seeks to be an internet sensation by insulting people in a remote and verminous manner.

coffee1.gif

Nazi Germany was also a very safe place to live, if you weren't Jewish and kept your mouth shut.

North Korea same.

Not sure I would have wanted to live there though.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican