Coming To Thailand With Tax Free Goods

Scottbiker1976

Hey,

In july im coming back to Thailand by plane together with my Thai girlfriend.

Because she is a tourist in Europe she can take advantage of the fact from tax free shopping here and take it to Thailand when we go back.

Is there anybody here who knows if there is a limit about bringing in Tax free goods from Europe because i cannot seem to find anything about it ? :o

Thx in advance,

Scottbiker

Hey,

In july im coming back to Thailand by plane together with my Thai girlfriend.

Because she is a tourist in Europe she can take advantage of the fact from tax free shopping here and take it to Thailand when we go back.

Is there anybody here who knows if there is a limit about bringing in Tax free goods from Europe because i cannot seem to find anything about it ? :o

Thx in advance,

Scottbiker

Of course there are limits. Varies by product codes. But in the first place, you'd have to get stopped for it to be an issue. On that one, depends on how lucky you feel. Me, more then 40 trips in and out though international airport in five years.

Stopped once. Funniest part was, it was when I had a carry-on only, so not even really any room to have stashed anything above the limit.

Country liquor Cigarettes Perfume

Thailand 1 litre 200 reasonable qty

Above are the tax-free items you can hand carry into Thailand. Anything else she bought in Europe under tax- or VAT-refund does not matter, as long as it can be seen as personal, used belongings. Here is important to show i) the items are intended for your own personal or professional uses; ii) the quantity is reasonable; and iii) the items are not subject to prohibition or restriction.

For more details have a look here:

http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Trave...?menuNme=Travel

(A written customs declaration is no longer required)

If stopped while passing through the 'nothing to declare'-channel, customs will search for any dutiable items, like electronics, drugs... but don't mind any items that obviously are used while travel. Whatever she bought, make sure the original cartons have been opened and the item looks used. If she carries big items, better to pass through the 'red' channel and declare. Often the officers there are lenient.