Will in Chiang Mai

elgordo38

I have made up a hand drawn will in English witnessed by 2 people and dated. It is a very simple will leaving all my Thai possessions to my girlfriend. Bank account and condo contents (condo rented) Is this type of will considered legal in Thailand. I am really amazed at the prices quoted for a will here up to 10,000 bahts for a simple one. Back home it cost me about 3,000 bahts ($100) Any suggestions who might be reasonably priced for this service and contact information. Also does any one know the probate period here for a will as I would like to get money into her hands as soon as possible as she must go on living and then there are cremation costs. Appreciate all suggestions.

Read the pinned topic in the CM forum entitled the importance of preparing a will in Thailand, it contains loads of useful info.

The best lawyer I've found for this sort of thing is Kuhn Sumalee at 29 Tanin, ground floor of the Punna condo building on Suthep road, this side of CMU, cost is 5k baht for a simple will.