How Many Of You Living In Thailand Wore Yellow Today?

camerata

Wearing yellow to honour the king  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmmm I seem to remember someone in this silliness asking for more moderation to keep people on topic .....

Topic ... yellow shirts ....

derivatives .... Royal celebrations ... participation ... farang inclusive or not etc etc

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are you people on about?

Exchanging pleasantries, in order to attempt defusing an appearantly emotionally charged discussion that some posters seem to take far more personal than intended.

This is a rather common gesture to keep a conversation polite, and within the boundaries of good manners.

I guess my history teacher who started with the cavemen and worked forward couldn't hold my attention, because I can't even remember if said teacher was a Sir or a Miss.

I have a similar problem with my maths, physics and chemistry teachers.

I am one am one those people who are utterly convinced that electricity originates from the plug, and that any mathematics needing more than ten fingers is for nerds. :D

Me too! :o

:D

Exchanging pleasantries, in order to attempt defusing an appearantly emotionally charged discussion that some posters seem to take far more personal than intended.

This is a rather common gesture to keep a conversation polite, and within the boundaries of good manners.

Keep it up,ColPyat.I dont always agree with your posts,but I for one enjoy reading them.

I guess my history teacher who started with the cavemen and worked forward couldn't hold my attention, because I can't even remember if said teacher was a Sir or a Miss.

I have a similar problem with my maths, physics and chemistry teachers.

I am one am one those people who are utterly convinced that electricity originates from the plug, and that any mathematics needing more than ten fingers is for nerds. :o

It's called good-natured humour, which you didn't understand.

Wearing yellow - how many millions of t-shirts were actually sold?

Left Thailand last wednesday - didn't wear yellow.

Keep it up,ColPyat.I dont always agree with your posts,but I for one enjoy reading them.

Oh, s_hit!

Before reading your post i have already thought of answering with several silly snides regarding your handle, and such.

Sir, you have robbed me of that opportunity! :o

I, for one, am extremely glad that His Majesty The King will most likely never read this thread.

The idea of taking something so easily postive and turning it into such negativity what with the hijacking and off-topic posts that this thread has taken is really disappointing.... and frankly, I am disgusted by the nature of what are, essentially, disrepectful posts to His Majesty.

Collectively, we have been shamed.

Edited by sriracha john

I did wear yellow, and I do speak enough Thai to know that the only comments I got from Thais were positive and not in the least derogatory.

If somebody felt otherwise, they did not say so, as is often the case here in Thailand - as preserving harmony is regarded as more important than asserting your personal opinion.

The reason I chose to wear yellow was to pay homage to a man who throughout his long life has chosen to devote so much time to tirelessly trying to improve the state of things in this country.

Whether you see it as an empty gesture or not is up to you. IMO, the intention behind the gesture is what matters. :o

Hear Hear! Meadish!

and the same to SRJ ...!

Some people just feel the need to make everything about them and their offtopic viewpoints no matter how disrespectful it could be seen! <<better Penz>>?

Edited by jdinasia

I, for one, am extremely glad that His Majesty The King will most likely never read this thread.

The idea of taking something so easily postive and turning it into such negativity what with the hijacking and off-topic posts that this thread has taken is really disappointing.... and frankly, I am disgusted by the nature of what are, essentially, disrepectful posts to His Majesty.

Collectively, we have been shamed.

What a disgraceful post.Nobody has other than the greatest respect for His Majesty and every post I have seen reflects this.It is you that has shamed this Board by making scurrilous allegations about "disrespectful posts".Shame on you.

With most other responders, I would cite examples, and elaborate further on why they are disrespectful, but considering the source... I'll just let it go.

Everyone that DID post actual positive replies on this thread, as opposed to those imagined ones, are to be commended.

Long Live The King.

With most other responders, I would cite examples, and elaborate further on why they are disrespectful, but considering the source... I'll just let it go.

Everyone that DID post actual positive replies on this thread, as opposed to those imagined ones, are to be commended.

Long Live The King.

You would be doing all a great favour by just keeping quiet.You are like one of those ridiculous politicians throwing around false lese majeste accusations to further their own agenda.Who the hel_l are you to decide who is loyal and who is not?

PUBLIC WARNING

Please be reminded of the Forum Rules, and in particular the ones concerning comments about HRH and the Royal Family, and flaming other members.

This thread has started (unfortunately) to deteriorate badly, and will be closed and warnings/holidays awarded to anyone who continues to post in violation of the Rules.

This topic started with the question “How Many of You Living in Thailand Wore Yellow Today?” therefore both positive and negative responses should have been anticipated. Indeed, as I write this, the latest poll indicated 57% “Yes” and 43% “No”.

There were nearly 2,000 views of this topic and that’s a lot. Some viewers might not have voted and some posters who posted a “No” return would not necessary be opposed to the wearing of a yellow shirt. So, we should put this whole issue into perspective.

John, from Sri Racha, your recent contribution towards the end of the current postings was complete hyperbole. Certainly, you have the right to be “disgusted” but that disgust should be focused accordingly and you do not have the right to suggest that we have been shamed collectively....and I am aware of the differences between "disrespectful", "lese majeste" and "loyal".

Meadish Sweetball, like you, my experiences over the last two or three days showed me that the Thai people appreciated my gesture of wearing a yellow shirt. I have made many more friends during this weekend because of this gesture. It wasn’t an empty gesture; it was an indication of my respect for the King… and also his subjects.

Cassandra, my feelings towards the posting of Sriracha John echo yours. It’s fair to accuse posters of topic hijacking or topic digression but it’s scurrilous (your word, and a good one) of him to make his own judgement on someone’s loyalty and commitment.

ColPyat, try to refrain from topic hijacking and topic digression, it irks many people, especially those people who have huge amounts of postings and consider themselves to be unofficial guardians of the Forum. I don't know how old you are and I'm sure you will not recognise this movie from 1949 but I recommend that you watch "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" or, much better still, read the book written by Mark Twain. I think that you might learn something.

Long live King Bhumipol.

In defence of SJ, there were quite a few remarks made rather in spite than in respect. For people who saw genuine tears of deep love and appreciation in people's eyes in this past few days these remarks do strike as disgusting.

....symbolic shows such as masses wearing yellow shirts in order to show all how how much the love the King....

....a bit too much hypocracy going at the moment....

....dicrepancies between this sudden show of love, and reality...

....empty gestures such as donning a yellow shirt...

In defence of SJ,

Nevertheless, there is a huge difference between my remarks, and " by the nature of what are, essentially, disrepectful posts to His Majesty."

Throwing arround with such an accusation is accusing me of lese majeste. This, i am sorry to say, is insane, and very much in the spirit of present days, in which political opponents accuse each other with fabricated claims of lese majeste in order to shut each other up.

These sort of things are essentially what inspires my cynicism on the subject matter this thread is dealing with. And fortunately i am not alone with these sentiments, neither on an essentially irrelevant internet discussion board, nor in real life.

Who are you people that put themselves in a position to claim to interpret anything that involves H.M. the King, decide who is loyal and who is not?

And I will either close the topic or from now on delete posts not related to it's title:

How Many Of You Living In Thailand Wore Yellow Today?, In celebration of HM's 60th year on the throne.

Close it. The event in question occurred four days ago. Anybody who wanted to respond to the simple question posed by the poll should have already done so.