Pelican Inn

pmarlin

Pelican Inn on Soi 22 closed for good a couple of days ago, Going to miss that place. I thought the food as good and priced right . Think the place has been around for at least 14 or so years. Also Denny's corner and the sidewalk café located at the Soi 22 entrance to the old Washington square are gone.

Edited by pmarlin

I'm guessing it's the same lady owner but a small Denny's bar has sprouted on the Sukhumvit side of the Holiday Inn, beside the Boots shop. I doubt they will keep the same low pricing but I really don't know.

As for D'Pelican, everything looked normal the last time I stayed there in March, with the owner running around fixing things. Must have just happened. Or maybe someone bought the space. It was a nice space downstairs.

Som has promised 65 baht beers will flourish at the new Denny's. There hasn't been a price increase, even with the new alcohol tax. Go Denny's! D'Pelican apparently had issues with a new lease. I can't imagine many hotels in the area doing a thriving trade till the Washington Square piles are piled. The foundation will take awhile.

All part of the new Emporium. I know it is "progress" but still a shame that some old places with character are replaced by soulless shopping malls.

Emporium 3????

There's already a new one going up on soi 35.

Salute to Denny's! But it looks pretty small, unless I mistook the bar's depth.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp