Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital as Putin launches all-out invasion from north, south and east, with cruise missiles hitting airports and military bases, tanks rolling in and scores killed

• Russia has invaded Ukraine in a massive attack coming from south, east and north, both by land and air 
  • Helicopters have reached Kiev where they have seized an air base, and taken a power plant on the Dnieper 
  • Russian tanks broke through lines at Kherson, near Crimea, and were driving freely towards Dnieper River 
  • But Ukrainians were putting up a fight around Khakriv, where Russian tanks and armour were destroyed 
  • Volodymyr Zelensky branded Russia 'evil and vowed to fight back, promising a gun to every citizen willing to have one while calling on them to donate blood to treat wounded soldiers
  • Boris Johnson branded Putin a 'dictator' while vowing a 'massive' package of sanctions targeting Russia

Daily Mail

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

KyivNotKiev is an online campaign started by the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) together with the 15 member center for strategical communications "StratCom Ukraine" on October 2, 2018. Its goal is to persuade English-language media and organizations to exclusively use Kyiv (derived from the Ukrainian language name) instead of Kiev (derived from the Russian language name) as the one true name of the Ukrainian capital.[1][2] It is a part of the wider campaign "CorrectUA".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KyivNotKiev#:~:text=Its goal is to persuade,name of the Ukrainian capital.

The way the hypocrictical west keeps up hostility against Russia and China why not do what you want while you can, things will only get worse and don't forget Iran.

Compromise and a open minded dialogue and understanding of different cultures is what's needed not content western media rhetoric and threats.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't watch the news routinely, and I haven't been listening to the radio recently so first I knew about it was this thread. I'll switch on Al Jazeera for an update.

I doubt this thread will survive long though, given it can only become political.

I have just been watching Al jazeera news and RT news it's interesting to see how both report.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ukrainian Forces Recapture The World's Biggest Cargo Jet After Repelling Russian Assault

The fate of the world’s largest fully operational aircraft is uncertain in light of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The one-off Antonov An-225 Mriya, from the Ukrainian "Мрія," or “Dream,” has been at Hostomel (or Gostomel) airport northwest of Kyiv since it landed there on February 5. While there has been heavy fighting at the airport, there are unconfirmed reports that the Mriya is still intact, at least for now, although it is now in Russian hands.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/44446/russian-forces-have-captured-the-worlds-biggest-cargo-jet-in-ukraine

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Totally agree.

The money pouring in from the West to bribe the Ukrainian leadership and push them to break with their age-old ally will have had the opposite effect to that intended.

This aggressive policy of NATO expansion eastward could not be stopped by diplomatic means. It is all the more reprehensible in that it violates all the treaties that accompanied the dismantling of the Warsaw Pact more than 20 years ago.

The USA saw fit to continue day after day their refusal of any compromise and their threats, thus provoking the brutal response of the adversary. 

Global Policeman or wars maker ?

arms manufacturer and supplier extrodinaire  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I see it more along the lines of the Gulf war #2. Intention of going in and changing the leadership then getting out, but it didn't work in Iraq and may not work this time either.

The one thing you forgot here, is that Iraq was a push over, Russia is a nuclear power, so the USA and others will not get involved militarily because the last thing anyone wants is a nuclear war and Putin is not the late Saddam Hussain. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

he one thing you forgot here, is that Iraq was a push over, Russia is a nuclear power, so the USA and others will not get involved militarily because the last thing anyone wants is a nuclear war and Putin is not the late Saddam Hussain. 

you got the sides reversed. Putin is the one who - as he alleged himself - wants to get in and out quickly of Ukraine.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1