longer stay, 6-12 months

hi folks

I know this topic may have no interest to you but I have a friend in my country that he prefer to stay 6 to 12 months in Thailand and study English language there, so the country of residency is Iran and the goal is staying minimum 6 months in Bangkok/pattaya.

and the question is, can he get a longer VISA (not tourist visa and min=6months) from consulate in Iran before flying to Thailand? shall he contact a school in advance and tell them to send letters to embassy of Thailand in Iran? I'll be thankful of any advices

P.S :my friend cannot speak English good so I manage his issue. he wanted to learn Thai language as well but I told him he cannot do this without knowing basic English language. so please also tell me which English courses is good for the first choice (not beginner, but for a better understanding of English gram and conversation).

He would need to contact a school and pay a deposit for the enrollment to get the documents needed to apply for a single entry non immigrant ED visa at the embassy. They would send the documents to him. The visa would give him a 90 day entry that he could then extend at immigration.

He should do this before leaving Iran because he would have to return to Iran to get the visa later. He cannot get a visa anywhere else.

There are several schools that offer classes in English and Thai. See the Language school courses forum for more info.

• Like 1

He would need to contact a school and pay a deposit for the enrollment to get the documents needed to apply for a single entry non immigrant ED visa at the embassy. They would send the documents to him. The visa would give him a 90 day entry that he could then extend at immigration.

He should do this before leaving Iran because he would have to return to Iran to get the visa later. He cannot get a visa anywhere else.

There are several schools that offer classes in English and Thai. See the Language school courses forum for more info.

thanks for the useful answer

so this way you mentioned, he can get some sort of primary visa (90days) and extend to 1year/6months (based on the enrollment) in Thai Immigration and no need to comeback to Iran? so a return ticket is enough?

That is correct. He will apply for a non immigrant ED visa.

For non immigrant visas a return ticket is not required when he applies for it.

He also will not need a return ticket if he has a visa to travel here.