Thai Police watch over children in a new project

webfact

Its about time the police started trying to help the community instead of just taking from them. The Gov should support projects like this more.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

fyi: many border police squads have been helping remote border communities (education, healthcare, etc).

This seems like a very progressive program that will benefit the community well. In America they have been using a similar program quite successfully. The American program is nation wide and is called Police Athletic League or PAL. It works much in the same way except part of the day is devoted to sports activities. It is also run year around, full time during the school vacation weeks and as an after school thing during the school year. In the after school season officers help the kids with their homework as well. This keeps the kids from wondering around on the streets looking for things to do that sometimes could get them into trouble.

• Like 1

Slum housing are the most risk for drug as the children easily attracted by friends, parents should play important role in monitoring their children, many of drug addict are from broken family back ground . Police can only advice but the choice are up to them to decide and going to visit jail are very important itinerary to educate youngster about danger of drug too.

Excellent and refreshing.

I totally agree! A wonderful idea. And yes, hopefully it will be expanded. It would be very beneficial to all Thais if this were to be widespread. So much better for the police than spending time looking for "tea money". Might even improve the image of the police.

I applaud the police. Job well done. Now if the police can implement this project nationwide and all year round that would be a great idea.

I would even as a foreigner be interested in volunteering when I have free time to help the police. This is an excellent idea.

This is the one time I would like to thank the police and congratulate them for a good job and they now need to conentrate on more programs like this to have the communities participate with police and this is a good stepping stone towards police and community and outreach projects.

I totally agree! A wonderful idea. And yes, hopefully it will be expanded. It would be very beneficial to all Thais if this were to be widespread. So much better for the police than spending time looking for "tea money". Might even improve the image of the police.

Yes, this should be expanded, I would suggest that every current member of the police force should dedicate all their time to this task.

And then employ more people who want and are capable of doing real police work.

This seems like a very progressive program that will benefit the community well. In America they have been using a similar program quite successfully. The American program is nation wide and is called Police Athletic League or PAL. It works much in the same way except part of the day is devoted to sports activities. It is also run year around, full time during the school vacation weeks and as an after school thing during the school year. In the after school season officers help the kids with their homework as well. This keeps the kids from wondering around on the streets looking for things to do that sometimes could get them into trouble.

I suppose they teach them how to safely play with dad's gun as well ?

Yes, this should be expanded, I would suggest that every current member of the police force should dedicate all their time to this task.

And then employ more people who want and are capable of doing real police work.

Why don't the education authorities ask for English speaking volunteers to come along and have English conversation with the kids, this would more helpful than the English language tuition given by most Thai teachers. At my partner's childrens school, the teacher in English cannot even make me understand what she is saying in English.

Unfortunately this is going to end in tears.

if the intentions are pure they will be overwhelmed with kids whose parents cant/wont pay for tuition or babysitter.

if the intentions are anything less than pure we will soon be (not) hearing stories similar to the JIS atrocity.

it goes on here already and its covered up by those in positions to do so.

let me put it this way,

i would not let me kids be looked after by a gang known worldwide for extortion/rape/trafficking & the rest.

no such thing as a free lunch they say...

Edited by edgarfriendly

rather sounds like a backstabbing manipulation propaganda to me, conceling the TRUE motives behind another populist policies, targeting children from a young age,...

We all know who the TRUE police Chief is? Don't we?....

I will add a further negative comment. Whilst I agree it is nice to see the police do something for the community, since it is well known that the police are under Thaksin's thumb, I can't help wondering what exactly they are teaching to these kids.... ? I can't help wondering if this is really an attempt to bring 'red schools' into Bangkok....Call me paranoid if you want, but it wouldn't be in the least surprising if this is the truth....