Thai Bank Deposit Account With Reasonable Interest Rate

Have you considered short term bond mutual funds.

Bangkok Bank offers these about every month. They have a fixed life of around 11 months, invest in government bonds and pay a guaranteed return. The last issue guaranteed 4.85% tax free.

Bangkok Bank offers these about every month. They have a fixed life of around 11 months, invest in government bonds and pay a guaranteed return. The last issue guaranteed 4.85% tax free.

Good advice.

Just got a call this morning from banker at Bkk Bank who advised they have "mutual funds" for 6 or 8 or 10 months. Minimum is 100k baht and interest is 4.85% tax free. I think they also offfered one year.

Good advice.

Just got a call this morning from banker at Bkk Bank who advised they have "mutual funds" for 6 or 8 or 10 months. Minimum is 100k baht and interest is 4.85% tax free. I think they also offfered one year.

My wife just told me that the rate was for a term of 11 or 12 months and interest is paid every 6 months.

I stand corrected