Pheu Thai Party wants a democratic election

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A democratic election in Isaan?North....not until all candidates have the opportunity to freely express their Policies/opinions without threats. killings/ harrassment.

A Democratic election where candidates are selected on their own merits and not selected on family connections or cronyism.

A democratic election where votes are freely made.( Not paid for)

Add to that - a democratic election whereby irresponsible, uncosted and unaffordable policies are barred from appearing in parties manifestos.

The consequences of the PTP's populist scams has been too painful a burden for Thailand to bear and this should never be allowed to be repeated!!

So flood defenses for a sinking city could not appear in the manifesto? Bye bye Bangkok.

Hey Bruce!!! That IS NOT a populist policy is it!!

If you put 'saving Bangkok' as your headline policy then I doubt that this would garner a single Isaan vote, do you???

Please don't alter my post by highlighting what I said as this is against forum rules to do so.

The topic is about national elections, not Isaan elections.

Populism is in the eye of the beholder. Bangkok already gets twelve times the per capita government investment as the rest of the country http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2012/05/10/thailand-public-finance-management-review-report, and yet Bangkok people only describe spending outside of Bangkok as populism. Farm subsidies may be economically stupid but they are not perceived as populism in the farm areas (ask any French farmer). In the same manner building sky-trains and subways in a sinking city is stupid, but it is not considered populism in the city.

I am unaware of forum rules against highlighting, and have my doubts as to whether they exist. But if you like I can edit out all of your text except the statement I am addressing, a common practice even though it removes the statement from proper context.

Don't worry about the highlighting aspect - just be aware that it is not allowed to alter or highlight OTHER PEOPLES POSTS.

Of course Bangkok gets more investment than Northern provinces!! It is the capital of Thailand for Christ sake and contains nearly all of the important departments and government offices as well as having massive infrastructure that needs maintaining and servicing.

Since when has taking someone's hard earned produce from them and giving nothing back in return been classed as a subsidy??

This is precisely what I am referring to - it was yet another of Thaksin's babies that went South like all of his vote buying projects do, be it cars, houses, rice, free tablets etc:. The man is an idiot and must not be allowed to abuse the peoples trust with these immoral bribes and lies regards promises of future wealth - he shouldn't even be poking his nose in where it doesn't belong especially being he told CNN with a straight face words to the effect of "I am absolutely not involved in Thai politics anymore" back in 2007!!

If I was you, I would look up populist policies in Wickipedia to establish what they are as you seem confused about it. That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with populist policies if they are sensible, affordable and can help those people most in need!! If you win an election based on this agenda and lead the country responsibly then I am totally for that (Democrats, PTP or whoever).

If that's what they want, they should have it..

including UN observers and with any fact-finding about intimidation, corruption, vote buying, the should be banned from politics for life.

Under that conditions, they will have democratic and fair elections, but that's what they do not want, so Thailand will never get a free and fair election

Actually they'd be quite happy with this. From "The Economist", Dec 9, 2013:

"Mr Suthep’s motley crew of acolytes and cheerleaders try to argue that somehow all of Mr Thaksin’s victories (in the various party guises) have been “bought” and that voters have been “bribed” by the promise of lavish public spending, to help poor rice farmers for instance. But there is almost no evidence that any of these elections were systematically bought or rigged in anyway. Indeed, the last election, certainly, was very well conducted by comparison with other recent elections in the South-East Asian region. Indeed, when pressed, one of Mr Suthep’s main advisers admitted to me that despite all the alleged vote-buying (which he produced no evidence for) the result was still “legitimate”."

Many people claim that Thaksin's election and all elections since him were somehow bought, but these people never offer proof beyond something their wife told them or that they heard in a bar. These people are in denial; the Democrats will never win a majority in a fair election in Thailand because the Democrats only represent Bangkok. That's why Suthep is so keen on election "reform", they need to somehow disenfranchise the majority of Thailand's voters in order to be elected.

Many people claim that Thaksin's election and all elections since him were somehow bought, but these people never offer proof beyond something their wife told them or that they heard in a bar.

I don't have a wife and I'm too old to go to bars. In 2011 I was living in Udon Thani. A man and a woman came to the house I was renting and gave my old girlfriend (God rest her soul) and the maid each 500 Baht to vote for PTP. I knew what they were doing but kept silent. After they left my old gf and the maid both said I took their money but I'm not voting for PTP. And the reason was as I have posted before our maid's brother was a red shirt Rambo type and she couldn't stand them because of the things they had done and were doing. I was there and witnessed it firsthand.

And by the way I am not a supporter of any particular party. I don't give a rat's ass who the ruling party is as long as they are honest and ethical with a political platform that enhances the livelihood of all Thais and steers Thailand into the twenty first century.

I will add that anyone who is knowledgeable of the actions and deeds of the current ruling party knows they do not fit the description of honest and ethical with a political platform that enhances the livelihood of all Thais and steers Thailand into the twenty first century.

including UN observers and with any fact-finding about intimidation, corruption, vote buying, the should be banned from politics for life.

Under that conditions, they will have democratic and fair elections, but that's what they do not want, so Thailand will never get a free and fair election

"Mr Suthep’s motley crew of acolytes and cheerleaders try to argue that somehow all of Mr Thaksin’s victories (in the various party guises) have been “bought” and that voters have been “bribed” by the promise of lavish public spending, to help poor rice farmers for instance. But there is almost no evidence that any of these elections were systematically bought or rigged in anyway. Indeed, the last election, certainly, was very well conducted by comparison with other recent elections in the South-East Asian region. Indeed, when pressed, one of Mr Suthep’s main advisers admitted to me that despite all the alleged vote-buying (which he produced no evidence for) the result was still “legitimate”."

Many people claim that Thaksin's election and all elections since him were somehow bought, but these people never offer proof beyond something their wife told them or that they heard in a bar. These people are in denial; the Democrats will never win a majority in a fair election in Thailand because the Democrats only represent Bangkok. That's why Suthep is so keen on election "reform", they need to somehow disenfranchise the majority of Thailand's voters in order to be elected.

Many people claim that Thaksin's election and all elections since him were somehow bought, but these people never offer proof beyond something their wife told them or that they heard in a bar.

I don't have a wife and I'm too old to go to bars. In 2011 I was living in Udon Thani. A man and a woman came to the house I was renting and gave my old girlfriend (God rest her soul) and the maid each 500 Baht to vote for PTP. I knew what they were doing but kept silent. After they left my old gf and the maid both said I took their money but I'm not voting for PTP. And the reason was as I have posted before our maid's brother was a red shirt Rambo type and she couldn't stand them because of the things they had done and were doing. I was there and witnessed it firsthand.

And by the way I am not a supporter of any particular party. I don't give a rat's ass who the ruling party is as long as they are honest and ethical with a political platform that enhances the livelihood of all Thais and steers Thailand into the twenty first century.

I will add that anyone who is knowledgeable of the actions and deeds of the current ruling party knows they do not fit the description of honest and ethical with a political platform that enhances the livelihood of all Thais and steers Thailand into the twenty first century.

So someone representing the PTP failed to buy two votes. No election is perfectly clean. As "The Economist" quote indicates their was not systemic corruption that altered the outcome of national elections. Even the Suthep adviser admitted this. If you have evidence to the contrary you should contact the international press.

Don't worry about the highlighting aspect - just be aware that it is not allowed to alter or highlight OTHER PEOPLES POSTS.

Of course Bangkok gets more investment than Northern provinces!! It is the capital of Thailand for Christ sake and contains nearly all of the important departments and government offices as well as having massive infrastructure that needs maintaining and servicing.

Since when has taking someone's hard earned produce from them and giving nothing back in return been classed as a subsidy??

This is precisely what I am referring to - it was yet another of Thaksin's babies that went South like all of his vote buying projects do, be it cars, houses, rice, free tablets etc:. The man is an idiot and must not be allowed to abuse the peoples trust with these immoral bribes and lies regards promises of future wealth - he shouldn't even be poking his nose in where it doesn't belong especially being he told CNN with a straight face words to the effect of "I am absolutely not involved in Thai politics anymore" back in 2007!!

If I was you, I would look up populist policies in Wickipedia to establish what they are as you seem confused about it. That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with populist policies if they are sensible, affordable and can help those people most in need!! If you win an election based on this agenda and lead the country responsibly then I am totally for that (Democrats, PTP or whoever).

Did you not read the link http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2012/05/10/thailand-public-finance-management-review-report? Here's a more detailed explanation http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/IB/2012/05/09/000333037_20120509003158/Rendered/PDF/685510ESW00PUB0y0Note0master0120501.pdf.

In 2012 Bangkok had 17% of the population and received 72% of government investment. Do you think this is reasonable? The World Bank doesn't, and neither does the majority of Thailand.

So someone representing the PTP failed to buy two votes. No election is perfectly clean. As "The Economist" quote indicates their was not systemic corruption that altered the outcome of national elections. Even the Suthep adviser admitted this. If you have evidence to the contrary you should contact the international press.

sorry agian to burst someones bubble

But what makes you thing the international press could give a s xx t

How many time do you see Farlang.s get ripped of in Thailand in this press

It so common no one out side Thailand really cares

sorry agian to burst someones bubble

But what makes you thing the international press could give a s xx t

How many time do you see Farlang.s get ripped of in Thailand in this press

It so common no one out side Thailand really cares

Are you unaware that "The Economist" is a very highly respected international news magazine? If you like I can provide you with links to many articles they have written about Thailand's political problems. It's my primary source for international news, but I assume other quality news magazines and newspapers are also reporting on the situation here. Can you find a single credible source that states that systemic fraud changed the outcome of a national election in Thailand?

The democrats won't agree , they seem quite happy to hold the country hostage with every cheap trick in the book, including boycotting elections.

A democratic election in Isaan?North....not until all candidates have the opportunity to freely express their Policies/opinions without threats. killings/ harrassment.

A Democratic election where candidates are selected on their own merits and not selected on family connections or cronyism.

A democratic election where votes are freely made.( Not paid for)

What a load of brainwash crock. How about standing in an election and putting up some candidates, put forward policies that resonate? Or even policies for that matter. Not likely. How about treating the northern electorate as relevant? Here's an idea, after decades of being considered as 2nd class citizens and expendable the people of the north have realized their power (that's one thing Taksin is guilty of) now let's take that basic of human rights away. As for candidates selected on merit and votes not paid for, what planet are you living on? There is nobody in any responsible position in this country based on merit, do you think Abhisit is leader of the DP based on merit? And, we've been through the vote buying thing a thousand times already.