Bali costs versus Pattaya/Thailand

seasia

Hi

I have never been to Bali, live in Pattaya.

Someone commented that they thought Bali was cheaper, accommodation, general going out costs, drinks, food, transport etc.

I assumed Bali would be more expensive.

Anyone holidayed or spent a long time in both and could comment ?

Curious, not considering moving, might visit though.

How about the difference in cost between a holiday visit to Pattaya or Bangkok v Bali ?

Mid range accommodation, mostly western food and some drinks/partying at night .

Thanks.smile.png

Bali in the low season is cheap;

Food costs on par with Thailand, ( except not as much street food)

U need at least 7-10 days,

on arrival grab a taxi an head up to Ubud and rent a car ( 2 wd Susuki's and gas is very cheap) and expolre the island

Lovina beach ( black sand beach) Singarja north coast

the mt temples -- G Batukau, G Argung, G Batur

Tulamben, CandiDasi on the east coast

Then down to Kuta to see how Australins live outside Australia

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

Only thing Bali has going for it over Thailand is the surf.

Last time I went to bali was 2012. Costs are fairly similar. I'd say it is easier to live cheaper in Thailand than Bali, but then again I know Thailand a lot better than I know Indonesia.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I live now in Thailand but have been going to Bali at least once per year for 15 years. I really love living in Thailand but find Bali so much more enjoyable for a beach holiday than Koh Samui / Phuket / or Pattaya.

Of course, costs have gone up - but it is easy to find a hotel with pool and not far from the beach for THB 1,000 per night. I stay away from Kuta - but find Legian and Seminyak enjoyable - also Ubud is one of my favoriate places on earth.

Easy to find cheap food in Bali - but not as much street food as Thailand.

• Like 1

Living cost in Bali very similar to beach cities in Thailand, but traffic is a lot worst and dangerous inside the city. No cheap public transportation, only taxis and its are expensive. House rentals a little more expensive and needs to be paid in advance for 6 or 12 months. Kuta is low class beach, Sanur is medium to high class beach, Ubud area very classy and expensive, but outside Bali prices and beaches are a lot better. "Decent" women are very open minded but no so beautiful and fit like Thai women. People very friendly and ready to party, with good sense of humor and attitude. Better weather than Thailand. Not so hot and humid in beach areas. Food very similar, but not many street vendors. In some areas safety may be a concern. Anyway...I will come back anytime....Very exotic and beautiful country.

• Like 1

Living cost in Bali very similar to beach cities in Thailand, but traffic is a lot worst and dangerous inside the city. No cheap public transportation, only taxis and its are expensive. House rentals a little more expensive and needs to be paid in advance for 6 or 12 months. Kuta is low class beach, Sanur is medium to high class beach, Ubud area very classy and expensive, but outside Bali prices and beaches are a lot better. "Decent" women are very open minded but no so beautiful and fit like Thai women. People very friendly and ready to party, with good sense of humor and attitude. Better weather than Thailand. Not so hot and humid in beach areas. Food very similar, but not many street vendors. In some areas safety may be a concern. Anyway...I will come back anytime....Very exotic and beautiful country.

Woman are the same but plastic surgery is more readily availabli in Thailand. Same thing in regards to ladyboys.