Uk Settlement

Hiya All

what docs are needed on arrival in the UK for airport immigration for my wife and child?

TB...passports. Anything else I should be aware of? Will my wife be taken off for questioning, what the reality of it all. All those in the know enlighten me. Please not to many horror stories!

Thanks All :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Your missus can be held by immigration for questioning, but it is extremely unlikely. As your wife has a visa, she has an expectation to be allowed in and can only be delayed if the immigration officer has good reason to suspect she's up to no good. Your missus will need to complete a landing card, but you can fill this in for her if she doesn't write English.

She may be referred to the doctor for another TB test, but that largely depends upon at which airport you arrive.

Scouse.

HI THERE lopburiguy

WHEN MY WIFE CAME TO THE UK WE GOT UP TO THE PASSPORT DESK ,THE MAN ASKED ME A FEW QUESTIONS AND THEN SENT MY WIFE AROUND THE CORNER TO SEE A LADY 5 MINS LATER SHE WENT BACK TO SEE SAME MAN HE STAMPED HER PASS PORT AND THAT WAS IT, NO QUESTIONING REALLY. NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT OK.

ALL THE BEST PETE

Thanks all,

seems all clear. However she is travelling on her own with our child...will this cause delay on entry as her English is good but not 100%. Also if she comes in via LHR is it worth meeting there incase of any immigration red tape?

When my wife and I came through lhr we waited about half an hour to get to the imigration desk, i first gave my passport and then my wife`s along with her TB certificate, the officer said it wasnt required he gave us a piece of paper and sent us to the health control desk, about 10 metres away, there they check the certificate, or look at it, ask a few questions, what is your address and telephone number in england, nothing to worry about all quite friendly and then stamp the arrival card and the piece of paper given by the immigration officer, then its off to row 19 i think, no body was in front of us as its just for health control where the passport is stamped and thats it.

good luck for the future.

Also if she comes in via LHR is it worth meeting there incase of any immigration red tape?
With respect, surely you're going to meet her at the airport anyway?!

Good idea for her to have your mobile number with her, so in the very unlikely event of a problem she can call you, or ask an IO to call you.

slightly off the topic, but is there a list of what has to go on the UK landing card available anywhere? or better still a sample?

my GF is travelling to UK on her own and I want to make sure we have everything covered. and being a UK citizen I've named seen a UK landing card!!!

Of course I am going to meet her at the airport. However she does have a connecting flight to a different UK airport, as it seems a concern I will meet at LHR as she may need assistance eh! Also i have gave her an english Sim card...one step ahead my friend!

Thanks All. :o

Also if she comes in via LHR is it worth meeting there incase of any immigration red tape?

With respect, surely you're going to meet her at the airport anyway?!

Good idea for her to have your mobile number with her, so in the very unlikely event of a problem she can call you, or ask an IO to call you.

I am sure it will all be fine - my hubby actually got pulled aside when he landed but they just checked that the visa was genuine with croydon (somehow!) and then were very apologetic and gave him a wee note to give Biritsh Airways as he had missed his connecting flight. In the time they had him waiting they didn't ask to see anything of go through his bags etc. He did have our marriage cert and my contact details on him - just in case - but he didn't need them.

She will be fine - especially as she can get you on the phone.