Thai politics: Lese majeste 'monitor' vows to arm his group

webfact

Another PDRC nutter who wants an excuse to have an army.

Is he connected to the pdrc? Didn't see that in either article.

He's just a supporter and I think a lot of PDRC supporters share his views. I don't think he's involved in the PDRC administration, though.

He is not just a supporter. He is;

1. A major general in the army.

2. A director of a hospital.

He posted his call to arms on his facebook page and is pictured in uniform.

It is unacceptable that a man who is in a position of trust posts a maniacal statement in his capacity as a uniformed officer in the army and as director of a hospital. Only in Thailand can a uniformed officer get away with calling for what is in effect an illegal vigilante. This is typical conflict of interest behaviour from many of Thailand's so called health professionals.

Last time we had a uniformed high officer making too much noise and waiving guns, his interview got cut short midway.

In Thailand, unacceptable behaviour is accepted up to a point.

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nutjob trying to get some press coverage. Too many ex military general fruitcakes with illusions of grandeur in this country.

This is why elections are so important, corruption is one thing but giving a voice to raving lunatics like this that support the call for an unelected appointed committee is quite another. It just goes to show what these people think and wish for the country given half the chance.......

The LM law is just an excuse for this nut to strut about and act like someone important..... hes not hes just a nasty stupid old man who wishes he was and some stone age ideas that belong in the rubbish box of history.

Lets hope not to ever see another article on this guy, pandering to his ego and giving him a platform is the worst thing to be doing.

The only insult to Monarchy I see here is that this crazy people like director Rienthong Naenna dare to claim doing this in the name of the monarchy. These guys should be prosecuted for casting a bad light on Thailand's monarchy.

Indeed, I've often argued that the LM law is on itself an affront to that it purports to protect, specially because it allows venal, reactionaries (like the one in the OP) to wrap themselves in a mantle of perceived legitimacy to engage in the nastiest forms of political prosecution.

If they'd had a hint of a clue on how their actions reflect on the perception of the monarchy from an outside perspective they'd crawl under a rock and never come out again.

I see a lot of people making this kind of argument against the LM law. I'm not convinced it's a good one. While the recent abuses of LM may hurt the reputation of the monarchy worldwide, on the whole I believe that the existence of the LM law does protect the monarchy. Repealing the LM law wouldn't really benefit them. I cannot elaborate much on this for obvious reasons.

The LM law is not a bad law because of who it hurts or protects -- it is a bad law because it's a severe restriction on freedom of speech and goes against political accountability.

This always presumes that the monarchy is in need of protection.

The entire law is a tautology. If the monarchy is loved, why does it needs protection. If you punish people who don't love the monarchy, maybe people stop loving the monarchy.

Using the law to force people to live something is counter productive. Can it be expected that 100% of people love something? Is it important that 100% of people love the monarchy?

What happens if 90% of people love the monarchy?

Read a much more detailed article on this guy in Bangkok Post yesterday. Talked about investigating lese majeste offences by people and teenagers with 'bad thoughts' with the aid of ex-soldiers and police, who have the national interest at heart [not the exact words but that was the gist of it]. Couple of references in article about how a similar atmosphere to the one he is promoting was operating around the time of the 1976 [?] university massacre. Scary, dangerous, right wing lunatic was the lasting impression I got from reading it.

Yes, I read the same. Apparently, it was stated, that the Organization was set up to "exterminate" people who insult the Monarchy. McCathyism has come to Thailand.

The current damnable situation is entirely the fault of the Royal Thai Army. Had they left well enough alone,

there would still be ABSOLUTE monarchy, with no squabbling over power--if they actually "loved the King"

as much as they claim!

Had the fascists not come to power here,Thailand would probably have avoided the (ever unaknowledged)

ignominy of being a Axis ally (actually "co-combatant"), Phibun should have been hung as a war-criminal, and

Thailand occupied by the allies. But CIA client-states-in-grooming are dealt to from a completely different deck.

Edited by zazezo

So as the Lese majeste 'monitor' I presume as well as being a doctor he has also been appointed to investigate and prosecute for Lese majeste offenses. Just about every department and committee in Thailand seems to have powers to investigate, arrest and prosecute except the police.

i was thinking 'monitor' lizard seems to be a more descriptive title for this loony

What would be a good descriptive title for Yingluck and Chalerm for their establishing their Lese Majeste War Room? Or for Yingluck declaring there will no change whatsoever to the LM Laws?

Pragmatic

I don't think this hospital will be top of the list for future treatment. If they find out your political views are not sufficiently obsequious, maybe some 'mistaken amputations' will get made. You go in as Mr. Smith, come out as Mrs. Smith. That kind of thing.

Throwing oil on the fire.

He would be much better looking after sick patients rather than stirring more trouble.

Starting with himself................ rucking fetard ( not u him)wink.png

The only insult to Monarchy I see here is that this crazy people like director Rienthong Naenna dare to claim doing this in the name of the monarchy. These guys should be prosecuted for casting a bad light on Thailand's monarchy.

Indeed, I've often argued that the LM law is on itself an affront to that it purports to protect, specially because it allows venal, reactionaries (like the one in the OP) to wrap themselves in a mantle of perceived legitimacy to engage in the nastiest forms of political prosecution.

If they'd had a hint of a clue on how their actions reflect on the perception of the monarchy from an outside perspective they'd crawl under a rock and never come out again.

I see a lot of people making this kind of argument against the LM law. I'm not convinced it's a good one. While the recent abuses of LM may hurt the reputation of the monarchy worldwide, on the whole I believe that the existence of the LM law does protect the monarchy. Repealing the LM law wouldn't really benefit them. I cannot elaborate much on this for obvious reasons.

The LM law is not a bad law because of who it hurts or protects -- it is a bad law because it's a severe restriction on freedom of speech and goes against political accountability.

This always presumes that the monarchy is in need of protection.

The entire law is a tautology. If the monarchy is loved, why does it needs protection. If you punish people who don't love the monarchy, maybe people stop loving the monarchy.

Using the law to force people to live something is counter productive. Can it be expected that 100% of people love something? Is it important that 100% of people love the monarchy?

What happens if 90% of people love the monarchy?

Well, of course I think a LM law goes against free speech (not to mention the defamation laws here), geriatric nutcases like the ones in the OP are, by their own actions, tarnishing that which they purport to defend. AKA they are a bunch of idiots well past their Best Used By date.

One of the problems of free speech is that many think it is also freedom from responsibility. You don't have to look too far in places like TVF to see that occurring. Western culture is big on rights not on responsibilities - one of the issues in Thailand is that some are thinking the same way.

The problem in Thailand is the misuse of the laws which IMHO are an insult to HRH, The King and an affront to HRH and the Thai people. I don't want to see the situation where a small number are put in the position of upsetting that vast majority in this country by their words. Nor do I think it is the position of us farangs to try and impose our cultural beliefs on Thai people and society.

As for the "thing" who is the subject of the thread I hope he experiences his karma in this life time!!!!! (hope that is within the rules, lol)