Philippines has slowest internet in Southeast Asia

webfact

try 3 bb its crap

I'm very happy with my consistently fast Bang Saray house connection with 3BB. But not so happy with their customer service ... but fortunately I seldom need it. Ditto with my BKK condo connection with True.

Today's internet reminds me of the early days of television. It's great to have but is not uniformly good quality and it definitely needs improvement. Fortunately, just like the evolution of TV, the quality gets better and better each year. It's for sure extremely better than the early days of dial-up ... and much better in Thailand than it was five years ago.

Meaningless to you, evidently. But to the IT industry and millions of users all over the world, Ookla is the gold standard of accurate measurement of internet speed, and compilation of world-wide internet-speed data.

If you don't know already, Ookla's www.speedtest.net is by far the best and most reliable way I've found to test your interned bandwidth speed ... and I've done a lot of research on the subject. It also keeps a running database of your test results which you can review anytime you want, and it's absolutely free to use.

clap2.gif

Did you forget the "sarcasm tags"?

The following image of a speedtest was the result of a little experiment two years ago. And believe me, there is absolutely NO Photoshop involved....

I was running the OOKLA speedtest on a "proxy server" and all the speedtests were running against localhost, even if it showed up as Berlin or whatever...

post-97561-0-03637100-1398248785_thumb.p

"Well know" is it? Care to share with us your authoritative source of this well know information? It's amazing that you know about their "false/faked readings" but it's not know my ten-of-thousands of IT professionals world wide. You must be super smart and incredibly well connected.

Well, the reliability is legendary....cheesy.gif

I just did a speedtest against Berlin on my TOT 10/0.5 Mbit line.

But I've set ping to 250 ms to avoid a completely incredibility

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3456621459

3456621459.png

coffee1.gif

Edited by roban

LOLOLOL

Yet in all the other countries in the world, viewing sites NOT in that country are a problem. You may be able to get 17Mbps download in Thailand when visiting Kapook, or another site hosting in Thailand. But try visiting a lesser known non-Thai site. You'll be lucky to get 2 - 3Mbps on your best day. And heaven help you if it rains.

Really is a joke... it is well known that popular Ookla sites (aka speedtest.net) are cached in Thailand, giving false/faked readings, even if you "think" you are testing to an overseas server.

"Well know" is it? Care to share with us your authoritative source of this well know information? It's amazing that you know about their "false/faked readings" but it's not know my ten-of-thousands of IT professionals world wide. You must be super smart and incredibly well connected.

It is fairly well known. I've even had different installers and a few local IT confirm this to be true. The speed tests here are not accurate.

It's not a big conspiracy, they are just not accurate.