David Moyes: Manchester United manager sacked by club

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he wouldnt have resigned due to the compensation he would receive.

Also I dont think he was the type to resign.

Fergie did leave him with an ageing poor squad.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Glad Moyes is gone. I don't really belive that the players wanted to play for him from day 1. Not all his fault. But many things are to blame on him. Saying that, do you really think he cares, after that contract he signed hes going to be well off for a good few years to come ! Not bad really for doing nothing. Dont dislike the bloke what so ever, but he was not the right man for Man Utd. Proven.

As a Palace fan I don't give a monkies !smile.png

As another Palace fan nor do I... as long as they keep their hands off Sir Tony!

You can feel a bit for Moyes but not for the United fans who are long overdue a reality check. Of course what did for him was missing out on all that Eurocash. Hopefully Everton will pip Arsenal for fourth and they will miss out too. Let's share the spoils around a bit more.

Just need Liverpool to win the title and keep Jose and Terry's hands off the trophy and the Eagles to get a top ten finish and it will be the best Prem season ever!

• Like 1

Glad Moyes is gone. I don't really belive that the players wanted to play for him from day 1. Not all his fault. But many things are to blame on him. Saying that, do you really think he cares, after that contract he signed hes going to be well off for a good few years to come ! Not bad really for doing nothing. Dont dislike the bloke what so ever, but he was not the right man for Man Utd. Proven.

Of course he cares.

He will be hurting like heck at the moment - pride is often a greater factor than money.

He wasn't short of a Bob or two before the sacking.

Moyes is certainly not the sole reason for United's failures this season and this smacks of a panic decision. I think he is (understandably as manager) the scapegoat for this team that has been crumbling for sometime,

It may turn out to be the right one as we will never know if Moyes could have turned it around.

• Like 2

As another Palace fan nor do I... as long as they keep their hands off Sir Tony!

You can feel a bit for Moyes but not for the United fans who are long overdue a reality check. Of course what did for him was missing out on all that Eurocash. Hopefully Everton will pip Arsenal for fourth and they will miss out too. Let's share the spoils around a bit more.

Just need Liverpool to win the title and keep Jose and Terry's hands off the trophy and the Eagles to get a top ten finish and it will be the best Prem season ever!

The fact that that is the extent of your ambitions speaks volumes.

Edited by Jip99

Putting my comments above to one side, can I just say that even though I’m a City fan, that personally I like David Moyes as a human being (he looks like a decent bloke) and as manager. I think a year ago, that everybody with an interest in football, would have agreed that based on his 11 years at Everton, that he was a good football manager, and he most likely still is.

He’s probably made some poor choices this season (which manager doesn't), but I think the Utd players need to take a lot of the blame and also Fergie for leaving the cupboard a bit empty when he left.

I would have loved to have asked Moyes after the Everton game the other night, whether [say was possible], he’d prefer to keep that Utd squad he’d inherited or swap them job lot for that Everton squad. Now that would have been an interesting answer.

So they win the league by a landslide and you would prefer the Everton squad who finished probably 30+ points behind them?

No wonder you support City, back on your camel mate.

Moyes was crap, his fault and no one else's, and he can take Fellatio with him.

Of course he cares.

He will be hurting like heck at the moment - pride is often a greater factor than money.

He wasn't short of a Bob or two before the sacking.

Moyes is certainly not the sole reason for United's failures this season and this smacks of a panic decision. I think he is (understandably as manager) the scapegoat for this team that has been crumbling for sometime,

It may turn out to be the right one as we will never know if Moyes could have turned it around.

Absolute rubbish, david moyes trying to play a 4-5-1 formation is the cause of this,

If each stricker is worth 25-30 goal a season and you choose to only play with one then this is the result.

Everton without david moyes have done better this season, Man Utd with david moyes have done and achieved almost

exactly what Everton did last year in goals for and points!

Unfortunately we are just a small local club who were practically bankrupt a short while ago but like many others in the lower echelons our entire squad cost less than one player at United, Chelsea, City etc. and we build teams we don't buy them. Our supporters are the real deal not gloryhunters and against all the odds we can beat the fat cats from time to time.... as Chelsea and Everton found out recently.

City and Liverpool watch out!

Given their resources, it's quite ambitious. Pulis has worked wonders.

• Like 1

Should have binned him off at xmastime. Glad they didnt

Sadly he was just a little bit too crap to have burgled another season down there and do a bit more damage along the way

He's not a bad bloke. Perhaps that was the problem, that club needs a big ego in charge, Moyes was just too steeped in mediocrity. Got too comfortable at Everton and didnt really challenge himself at an earlier point. He had no chance

How about sacking a few players as well.. starting with Rio Ferdinand. This guy is more than 3 years past his use by date. Old, slow and ******* useless at the back.

So looks like a couple of season hovering around 5th - 8th place for United me tinks!!!

Putting my comments above to one side, can I just say that even though I’m a City fan, that personally I like David Moyes as a human being (he looks like a decent bloke) and as manager. I think a year ago, that everybody with an interest in football, would have agreed that based on his 11 years at Everton, that he was a good football manager, and he most likely still is.

He’s probably made some poor choices this season (which manager doesn't), but I think the Utd players need to take a lot of the blame and also Fergie for leaving the cupboard a bit empty when he left.

I would have loved to have asked Moyes after the Everton game the other night, whether [say was possible], he’d prefer to keep that Utd squad he’d inherited or swap them job lot for that Everton squad. Now that would have been an interesting answer.

So they win the league by a landslide and you would prefer the Everton squad who finished probably 30+ points behind them?

Think you misunderstood me. I was wondering, if you gave Moyes an option – and just assume this could be done – on Wednesday night [and that is the key part here] of a choice between (i) keeping the Utd squad (the full club squad as of Wednesday night) or (ii) swapping it for the Everton squad (the full club squad as of Wednesday night), which would he choose, the aging prima donnas who don’t have the bottle for fighting for him (with one or two exceptions) or the Everton squad who’ve battled for where they are above Utd (12 points better off) with more limited resources. I think he might just have plumped for the Everton squad.

Sorry but I don’t agree with your “Moyes was crap, his fault and no one else's” comments. His record over 11 of the past 12 years show him to be a decent manager, but maybe not suited for Utd under current circumstances or at any circumstances or most likely the task of following on from the previous manager who’d been there 24 years or so was too much for him as I’m sure it would be for most managers. Have a read of Gary Neville’s comments for perspective, particularly his very valid comments that:

"The players have to take massive responsibility. I never once during my 17/18-year career at United turned around after a game and thought: 'You lost us that game, boss'.

"It's always the players. Players have to take responsibility, accountability in football. Those players there are not as bad as they have been showing, I've played with a lot of those players.”

• Like 1

He was either very brave or very stupid to take on such a position considering the caliber of his predecessor. They were always going to be having very high expectations of the new manager. As it has turned out, impossible expectations.

He was either very brave or very stupid to take on such a position considering the caliber of his predecessor. They were always going to be having very high expectations of the new manager. As it has turned out, impossible expectations.

Maybe the 5 Million Pounds he will receive will make him think about the next job he does. He must not rush things now !!! Can't afford to be fired....

Think you misunderstood me. I was wondering, if you gave Moyes an option – and just assume this could be done – on Wednesday night [and that is the key part here] of a choice between (i) keeping the Utd squad (the full club squad as of Wednesday night) or (ii) swapping it for the Everton squad (the full club squad as of Wednesday night), which would he choose, the aging prima donnas who don’t have the bottle for fighting for him (with one or two exceptions) or the Everton squad who’ve battled for where they are above Utd (12 points better off) with more limited resources. I think he might just have plumped for the Everton squad.

Sorry but I don’t agree with your “Moyes was crap, his fault and no one else's” comments. His record over 11 of the past 12 years show him to be a decent manager, but maybe not suited for Utd under current circumstances or at any circumstances or most likely the task of following on from the previous manager who’d been there 24 years or so was too much for him as I’m sure it would be for most managers. Have a read of Gary Neville’s comments for perspective, particularly his very valid comments that:

"The players have to take massive responsibility. I never once during my 17/18-year career at United turned around after a game and thought: 'You lost us that game, boss'.

"It's always the players. Players have to take responsibility, accountability in football. Those players there are not as bad as they have been showing, I've played with a lot of those players.”

With regards to which squad, it made no difference which squad he managed, his results were almost identical with last year with Everton and this year.

After 31 game played (when I last checked) both team had the same goals for,same against and only one point different.

Moyes game was to play a keep the ball in you own half game,and play to spoil the other teams plan.

He told the players how to play so they can't be blamed.

With regards to which squad, it made no difference which squad he managed, his results were almost identical with last year with Everton and this year.

After 31 game played (when I last checked) both team had the same goals for,same against and only one point different.

Moyes game was to play a keep the ball in you own half game,and play to spoil the other teams plan.

PS. this all looks bad on that fool Phil Neville so not much point in listening to gary on this occasion,

besides if he never came off a pitch to blame the manager no surprise as his boss was Fergie!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"He told the players how to play so they can't be blamed"...NONSENSE!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

PS. this all looks bad on that fool Phil Neville so not much point in listening to gary on this occasion,

besides if he never came off a pitch to blame the manager no surprise as his boss was Fergie!

"

besides if he never came off a pitch to blame the manager no surprise as his boss was Fergie!" - There's a lot in there (???), not sure I will be able to follow your thinking, so yeah, ok, i'll have to give you that one, the Nevilles are fools.

So lostinsurin and all you other Reds, lets get back on track here. Who would you like to replace Moyes as your Manager, and who do you think will replace Moyes as your Manager?

No takers on this so far?

So lostinsurin and all you other Reds, lets get back on track here. Who would you like to replace Moyes as your Manager, and who do you think will replace Moyes as your Manager?

No takers on this so far?

I don't know how you've got the Gaal to ask that question.

whistling.gif