Why do Folks always have to say, read below

Why do Folks always have to say, read below?

I, one of many a member of (NON Visa runners, NOR Border runners) in this forum would like to ask you all this simple question?

Why would a tour Company call it a Visa run and not a Border run. Why not both?

However, both service are the same, so what is the big deal?

Win

P.S. Never did one btw, no need, just did it by the book. facepalm.gif

A visa run is making a trip to a embassy or consulate to apply for a visa.

A border run is just crossing a border to get a new entry. You can't get a visa at a border crossing other than a very few that have VOA desk for those that qualify,

• Like 1

One certain difference is that a border run could be sold as a round trip. You cross over, come right back, they wait for you.

A visa run, since it takes takes 30 hours or so in the case of Vientiene, might be sold as one-way trips.

Otherwise, it's just the usual story of most people not bothering to be specific about such things.

• Like 1

It is an old bad habit.

People call getting a new entry a visa. It does not matter if it is from a visa or an exempt entry

Since people incorrectly call it a visa run so the the companies call it a visa run..

• Like 1

It is an old bad habit.

People call getting a new entry a visa. It does not matter if it is from a visa or an exempt entry

Since people incorrectly call it a visa run so the the companies call it a visa run..

I blow my nose with a Kleenex and have Jello for dessert, even if neither company made the product.

Everyone I know, everyone, whether they have to leave every 90 days or every 60 days, to get a new stamp in their passport for their double/triple/multiple entry visa calls it a "Visa run". If that's what everyone calls it, and everyone understands what they mean, then that's what it is. A "VISA RUN."