PM Yingluck urges NACC to inspect rice stock to determine whether rice was really missing

webfact

PM urges NACC to inspect rice stock to determine whether rice was really missing

BANGKOK, 24 April 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has asserted that rice in the government's stockpile has not gone missing as suspected by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), urging the latter to conduct an inspection of the government's rice stock to determine whether rice was really missing.

Ms. Yingluck wrote on her Facebook that figures in the documents from the rice mortgage accounting sub-committee did not take into account the 2.9 million tons of rice in the possession of the Government Warehouse Organization and the Marketing Organization for Farmers, refuting the claim that some rice had gone missing.

She suggested that for the purpose of transparency, the NACC should seek more evidence and inspect the rice stock itself. The suggestion has been forwarded to the NACC through Deputy Commerce Minister Yanyong Phuang-rat.

Minister Yanyong visited the NACC on Wednesday to submit a letter asserting that inspections of the rice stock in warehouses, carried out in March by Ministry of Commerce officials and members of the rice stock inspection committee, found that the entire 18.7 million tons of rice was intact and another 1.1 million tons was being fumigated.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-24 footer_n.gif

I wonder where the 19.8 million tons of program rice came from? The Commerce ministry has be proclaiming less than 10 million tons in storage, Now the caretaker PM istaskig the NCAA with a physical inspection of 2900 storage facilities, both private, Government, and marketing for farmers. Her own aduitors have never been able to agree on storage figure4s, cost to put the rice in storage, grade of rice stored nor cost per ton to store and maintain rice quality.

The lady is going to have show a lot more leg than this, to convience the potential ''johns'' of her committment to follow through with her promises.

Well it either delays everything and if not she can claim afterwards that they don't even checked the stock and everything was a plot from the armad (whoever this is).

• Like 1

I wonder where the 19.8 million tons of program rice came from? The Commerce ministry has be proclaiming less than 10 million tons in storage, Now the caretaker PM istaskig the NCAA with a physical inspection of 2900 storage facilities, both private, Government, and marketing for farmers. Her own aduitors have never been able to agree on storage figure4s, cost to put the rice in storage, grade of rice stored nor cost per ton to store and maintain rice quality.

The lady is going to have show a lot more leg than this, to convience the potential ''johns'' of her committment to follow through with her promises.

Yeah isnt it funny how after a few months this Gov warehouse miraculously announces they have 20 mill kilo there of the farmers rice. Where did it really come from? Not that it matters for this case against her for negligence but still curious how the found this after 6 months of inquiries

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

She's telling them to carry out their own audit on stocks...knowing full well that it's an impossible task. 2900 facilities.....volumes would now be almost incalculable in many of these warehouses.

Whilst I haven't been inside any of them, I have seen first hand photos of a couple of warehouses....running a tape or by surveying at each facility is a mammoth job......probably 1 team would complete 2 or 3 facilities/day..

This government has had almost 6 months to get the books looking right.....my guess it would take a very good auditor now to go through everything.....

IMO, it won't happen.

Yingluck don't let the truth get in the way of a witch hunt and a judicial coup!

No worries there,she never let the truth get in the way of anything........seems you will be paid for your latest crop.

• Like 1

Yes, let's send all the members of the NACC on an expedition to all the thousands of rice silos in the country. And several years later, when they have concluded their findings, Yingluck can refute them. The evidence the NACC has already is enough to impeach Yingluck, and it goes far beyond this issue. She is not being charged with theft. She is being charged with corruption, and the corruption of the rice scandal involves dubious deals, lack of oversight and transparency, and diverted or disappearing monies. Her reticence to appear before the NACC and Constitutional Court seems to disappear when she is in front of her facebook page, though. She's conducting her defense through facebook. How ditsy is that ? And more to the point of those who think she is a fighter -

- through facebook ?

• Like 1

And anyone who believes the Ministry of Commerce officials who have a proven record of lying is incompetent.

Any fool can just double count the same rice as privately stored rice and Government stored rice and make it balance.

In a case where there are more than one unlawful acts to consider

a court needs not to prove each of the crimes.

One crime (the biggest one or one that is big enough for a conviction)

will be enough.

There is no need to waste time with probing each and every suspected

unlawful act.

guilty in one case not enough evidence for 250 more cases will do the job

She is a fighter.

Saddam Hussein was a fighter too. When they found him in a hole in the ground, the first thing he said was: I am the leader of Iraq. You can't arrest me.

That was right before he was hung by the neck until dead. Saddam family was lucky, as the person who was hung before him, had his head pop off as they put too much weight on him. I bet that was a sight to behold.. Let's hope that pretty Ms Yingluck gets the same sentance from the court. I find it amazing that she can always find ways for others to have to do some real work, but yet she sits on her fat backside browsing Facebook.

• Like 1

First off....... this is actually related to a different case already being investigated by the NACC, not connected to YL's negligence case.

Funny how it has taken this time for her to make this offer, obviously once all the rice has been moved around and probably loads imported in the dead of night to fill the holes... documents faked, accounts adjusted, and all the hard work that has been going on to cover up discrepancies. The main reason PTP have been clinging to power... to buy time to cover up their massive crimes.

Secondly.... The main point of the NACC investigations into the corruption is NOT missing rice... it is missing MONEY!.... 600 billion baht to be precise.

That is what is really going to be the rope that hangs everyone. That is what is going to put a huge prison sentence on Yingluck and everyone involved. That is what is going to force YL on the run like her coward of a brother.

First off....... this is actually related to a different case already being investigated by the NACC, not connected to YL's negligence case.

Funny how it has taken this time for her to make this offer, obviously once all the rice has been moved around and probably loads imported in the dead of night to fill the holes... documents faked, accounts adjusted, and all the hard work that has been going on to cover up discrepancies. The main reason PTP have been clinging to power... to buy time to cover up their massive crimes.

Secondly.... The main point of the NACC investigations into the corruption is NOT missing rice... it is missing MONEY!.... 600 billion baht to be precise.

That is what is really going to be the rope that hangs everyone. That is what is going to put a huge prison sentence on Yingluck and everyone involved. That is what is going to force YL on the run like her coward of a brother.

Be fair now, it's not really "missing" money. We know the whereabouts of some of it. Some 30 billion got sent to Yingluck's dad out in the desert, a good portion of it went to buy a fleet of widebody jets for a well known clan confidante, so "missing" is not strictly accurate. The 600 billion has just been gobbled up by the greedy amart rouge and their acolytes.

She's telling them to carry out their own audit on stocks...knowing full well that it's an impossible task. 2900 facilities.....volumes would now be almost incalculable in many of these warehouses.

Whilst I haven't been inside any of them, I have seen first hand photos of a couple of warehouses....running a tape or by surveying at each facility is a mammoth job......probably 1 team would complete 2 or 3 facilities/day..

This government has had almost 6 months to get the books looking right.....my guess it would take a very good auditor now to go through everything.....

IMO, it won't happen.

Well if an audit was an impossible task, how come the dem party had the investigation launched in the first place, alleging rice was missing?

• Like 2