Future leaders? Ferrari-driving rich Thai kids make fools of themselves in Vice video

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a disgusting situation if clueless people with no qualifications except being part of a rich family were to become leaders of this country, thank goodness we have groups like the Red Shirts striving to prevent such things.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

hehehehe I love this sort of humor very hard for most to comprehend

This is exactly why some of the most wealthy men in America give their wealth to charity. Not their kids. Take Bill Gates for example.......I find this behavior disgusting as d most wealthy people. They are not an example we want to portray and are usually not as wealthy as everyone thinks they are...

What did bill gates do?

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/

I know you know.

One of the things I do, is I'm a host for the wwoof program - about 9 years. It's a work-exchange at my property in northernmost Thailand. I estimate 2,000 backpacker-age folks have participated. Here is the approx breakdown of nationalities:

>>> European 50%

>>> N. American 20%

>>> Other farang: 29%

>>> Asian: 1%

The program is findable online, and everyone is welcome. The two primary reasons why so few Asians do the program is: {A} They're too fixated on going to college or University directly after high school {B} they think working on the land or growing plants is for lower classes.

In conclusion: Doing building work or in a vege garden is considered low-class for Asians. Plus, their parents put a lot of pressure on all their kids to hurry up and get a certification somewhere, so they can start making money as soon as possible.

In contrast, farang youngsters are generally more laid back, and open to working in the country, getting their hands dirty, doing chores that Thai hi-so would consider menial. Plus, they learn a wealth of skills which may benefit them later in life.

There are exceptions. And also, there are probably Thai hi-so youngsters who would be glad to help build a solar collector, or graft some fruit scions ....but when are they given those kinds of options? Certainly not by any adults they come in to contact with.

• Like 2

pathetic morons and another reason thainess should be hauled in, they are male versions of yl. In any other country someone would take offence and sort them out, here they just pat them on the back.

More to the point here,rolleyes.gif are there any petrolheads on this forum who managed to identify the classic blue Ferrari that the young Jerk was driving?

Was it a 1972 365GTB Daytona? Or thereabouts.

It seems really so... or at least it could be.

Esteemed value 350,000USD up.

What are these young lads doing. At the current time of political turmoil,surely doing something like this is not the best move. Can they not just enjoy their wealth quietly without rubbing it in the faces of other people.

Surely someone should have pulled them aside and advised them this was not a particularly good idea.

They probably don't realize what they are doing. Everyone in their circle has Ferrari's or MB's etc.

They all have the same thought processes. Ridiculously rich people tend to be the same when young!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Yes, they are the future leaders, is not question at all.

They (in spot) are really idiot monkeys, but these effects are not only in TH but around the world. Just look around in your country.

The hi-so rich cubs are crazy as they can and the daddy & mom team's family and vip friends will help them to avoid jail, work, hard life or any discomfort.

These reasons they are mostly non-viable persons and will destroy well the wealthy which was build by daddy&mom, or grandpa & grandma.

The world is cyclical.

Wouldn't you just love to grab these prats by the collar and bithch slap them into next year?

Why.... just because you are insanely jealous of them?

At least they are bothering to do something that they believe in, that they needn't really have to bother with...

Since when have you ever seen any of the many many rich elite reds get up off their <deleted> and stand up to be counted????

Never.... They hide in the background pulling the strings while they use the paid buffaloes to front the show.

Sorry.... I meant 'police aided terrorists'.

Well their time is soon to come and I hope the lot of them are wiped from Thai soil... the scum that they are..... stealing democracy from the people at every turn using violence and intimidation...

• Like 1

Am I the only 1 who kinda liked this pair of fellas? I mean, I would probably be a whole lot worse if I had their money and upbringing. I did find them a little hard to take at first but the only thing I would totally disagree with was what they said about the skyline. Everyone knows, if you go to any one of the countries he named and looked down at the city from the sky, you can actually see the city in question. Where as Bangkok all you can see is haze.

• Like 2

Is this for real? I mean it is a coconuts story after all.........

It's not a coconut story Bluespunk.

https://news.vice.com/

I read it on coconuts so that's who I attribute it to. They make all sorts of stuff up. Not saying the story isn't real, but it seems to be a kind of contrived and stereotypical portrait of rich yahoos.

Edited by Bluespunk

I guess they should have donned their Burberry boots and farmer-wear and shot footage in the rice fields to show they are down with the common folk. What a bunch of haters in this thread. I failed to see anything in that video from the two interviewed that would draw my ire.

Following a couple of rich kids around while they drive fancy cars, go clubbing and sit around looking slick transposed with footage of protests and violence completely failed to inform or properly report on the situation. It's not clear what picture VICE was trying to paint but if I knew nothing of the situation I would arrive at a pretty skewed conclusion.

• Like 2

Most of the poor kids and those parked with grandparents in Isan's villages are not smarter, than these sh-Kids.

Whoever has the slightest hope for this country's future- think again...

How on earth would anybody be in a position to actually know a smart kid in Isaan? They are all deemed stupid from birth and educated with that mindset. Many are plain stupid, I agree, yet many are gifted with commonsense and improvisation skills I've not seen elsewhere.