Anyone ever lived in New Zealand ?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I'm thinking about a working holiday visa on New Zealand

Just wanted to know if anyone can report standard of living, average wage, average rent etc...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I'm thinking about a working holiday visa on New Zealand

Just wanted to know if anyone can report standard of living, average wage, average rent etc...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure have. Queenstown. Av wage is terribly low, cost of living is high!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

NZ is a beautiful country, but can be quiet. Standard of living is fairly good, logically depends on location, salary etc. NZ females are fun and relatively easy to connect with. Google is your friend for basic info...

Average wages

http://www.seek.co.nz/jobs-resources/salary-rates

Average rents

http://www.nz-immigration.co.nz/cost-of-living/rental-accommodation.html

Edited by simple1

Only visited but quite frequently, as guest of the NZ Tourist board and Air New Zealand.

As someone mentioned, Queenstown is a magnificent spot. Great skiing. So too is Mt Cook. People are very friendly once you learn their language. But I suggest you only learn to LISTEN to it and NOT try to speak it because then they think you are trying to "send thum up." with thungs like Fush und Chups (things like, Fish and Chips.)

Hope you enjoy the place....certainly be a bit cooler than Chiang Mai at the moment!

I lived in that beautiful country for 10 years (after 13 years in Canada - I am a Dutch National) and I thoroughly enjoyed it, until my marriage broke down. Then I wasn't to sure what I was doing there.

In any event; this is a very parochial country and the Ozzies reckon:

"New Zealand is a country where th Men are Men, the Women are Women and the sheep are bloody nervous . . . . . ."

Having said this; NZ is a GREAT place to visit and/or spent a working holiday.

coffee1.gif

I am a Kiwi, and yes it is a beautiful country, and if you have time you should try and explore it from top to bottom because it has huge contrasts.

The other posters are right, that the average wages low and the accommodation costs can be high, unless you are considering backpacking or something like that.

Of course it all depends on what sort of work you can do/can get, whether it be in the professional field or manual type work. Out in the country towns, there won't be much if anything in the way of nightlife or entertainment, and a trip to the local pub might be the highlight of the week! Whereas in Auckland and Wellington, there is nightlife to be found, as well as Queenstown I may add.

One of the great things about New Zealand is that you are never far away from the sea, rivers, mountains, skiing, vineyards, and just lovely countryside, so it offers you a huge range of activities if you want to seek them out.

Kiwis are generally a friendly bunch and would think nothing of inviting your home for tea/dinner, even if they had just met you.

The South Island has the most stunning scenery (IMO) and the town of Nelson has the most sunshine hours in New Zealand, which is probably why it has so many vineyards and fruit orchards around the place, and it is one of my favourite towns. The North Island has many places of interest and the Bay of Islands in the north of the North Island is quite spectacular, and of course Auckland is New Zealand's largest city, although it is not the capital, but plenty to do, and probably more chance of work of many descriptions there.............but the cost of living is high.

Definitely a place to visit, even if you have to go without some of the luxuries which a well-paid job will get you.