Gulf Air Ticket Date Change ?

spacedcowboy

Hi anyone had any experiences with being able to change the date of a Gulf Air Ticket ? I've spent the last week trying to get hold of someone at Gulf Air via both there UK call centre and the Bahrain number to see if this is possible.

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be very grateful, all I want to do is possibly change the date of my flight back to the UK to an early one. Ive already used up one half of the return ticket with the flight over to Thailand.

Just need to know the costs involved and if Gulf Air are known to do this.

Cheers

Here's what I could find on Gulf Air's website :

<<Should you wish to change any aspect of your transportation you must contact us in advance. The fare for your new transportation will be calculated and you will be given the option of accepting the new price or maintaining your original transportation as ticketed. Should you be required to change any aspect of your transportation due to Force Majeure, you must contact us as soon as practicable and we will use reasonable efforts to transport you to your next Stopover or final destination, without recalculation of the fare.>>

It is possible that the class of your ticket allows date changes with or without a fee but impossible for me to establish.

So back to contacting Gulf Air I'm afraid.

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

You may be able to check this on-line, by using the reservation code and your name.

http://www.gulfair.com/English/mmb/Pages/MMBLogin.aspx

http://www.gulfair.com/English/info/Contact/Pages/Offices.aspx?SelectedCountry=Thailand&SelectedCity=Bangkok

There may be inventory (your specific fare bucket) and day of week issues requiring a re-issue.

To me, after a quick look at cheap buckets, there is a 100 GBP change fee, which is waived in the case of of the death of the passenger. YMMV.

• Like 1

Try their Bangkok office. Only been there once, long time ago, but it's still listed on their website so worth a try.

Call center:
635-1417
Airport Flight Information: 1342349 Sales: 635-1417 Fax: 635-1419 FFP: 635-1417 Town Office Address: 20th Floor Vorawat Building, 849 Silom road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Tel: 02-635-1417, FAX: 02-635-1419, BTS STATON: SURASAK Cargo Office: 2547935-8

Cheers everyone for your information, its been very helpful thumbsup.gif

Here's the current Golf Air official policy should anyone need it cheers again.thumbsup.gif

Kindly note to change your ticket the charges will be as below:

before 24 hours: GBP 100.00

within 24 hours : GBP 200.00

Here's the current Golf Air official policy should anyone need it cheers again.thumbsup.gif

That is interesting. I had a Q class return ticket with Gulf Air which I bought via an agent in Pattaya and needed to extend my trip. Unfortunately I did not have any original documentation regarding cost of changes (which I think was on the bottom of the original printed out itinerary)so wasn't sure what it would be. I ended up being charged 2,700 baht so compared to above that seems it was a result and fortunate I booked via the agent.

That is interesting. I had a Q class return ticket with Gulf Air which I bought via an agent in Pattaya and needed to extend my trip. Unfortunately I did not have any original documentation regarding cost of changes (which I think was on the bottom of the original printed out itinerary)so wasn't sure what it would be. I ended up being charged 2,700 baht so compared to above that seems it was a result and fortunate I booked via the agent.

To say Gulf 's Air customer service is somewhat distant & vague is an understatement.I've only had automated e-mail responses to written queries which then tell me to contact the call centres, which haven't yet answered any of my calls, so be warned if your buying at Ticket with then.

Every ticket, city-pair, carrier, fare-bucket, day of week, etc. etc. etc. ticket may/can/will have hugely different change/cancellation fees/policies.

Typically it is relatively easy to view these before you purchase.

After you've purchased, and/or begun your initial flight, you can still view these - maybe by looking at your booking and the associated fare rules, or by making a "dummy" booking with similar attributes.

2,700 baht might be something like 50 GBP, which might be what the change fee was on that particular fare, or maybe the change was free and the local agent took it for their trouble?

often in TH-and bought from agents, the rules are less strict and/or less hard applied as the ''official'' rules show. This is a remnant of the old practice of agents offering [lower/more generous] fares against the official IATA. But this is now quickly a thing of memory from the past. Last time I had to do it a very helpful agent (not having sold me the ticket) charged me 100 THB for nearly 30 mins of calling and smart thinking- and then I went to the official office and had to pay 50 eur in THB for the change-in fact half the quoted price of the site.

But I keep surprised as how often this Q turns up here and people unknown of the very basic rulings. Its a matter of ticketCLASS and not perse of the airline.

As I said in my first post here, the 100 GBP fee was accurate.

However, the 200 GBP close-in fee is new News to me. I assume that this would be subject to space available, sort of a same-day stand-by fare, rather than fare bucket available.

Both these fees are reasonable - some airlines might require you to buy up to the currently available fare bucket, which could possibly result in a much, much greater amount.

Edited by lomatopo