Savannakhet embassy

Dear all,

3 may I will be in Savannakhet to get my new visa ( non imm. O, multiple entrée )

As far as I know my Thai wife doesn't have to be present there at the embassy.

This means that I can travel to there alone to get my visa.

Is that right?

or does my wife have to accompany me?

and:

might there be any reason that the embassy is closed at 2 , 3 or 4 may?

(a holiday that I don't know of or so...)

Thanks in advance.

Your wife does not need to go with you. But she must sign and date the copies of her house book, ID card and a copy of your marriage certificate,

The consulate will be closed the 1st, 5th, 9th and 13th of May for holidays. They are closed on all weekends.

If you applied on the 2nd you would have to wait until the afternoon of the 6th to pick up your passport.

You could travel on the 5th and make your application early on the 6th.

Your wife does not need to go with you. But she must sign and date the copies of her house book, ID card and a copy of your marriage certificate,

The consulate will be closed the 1st, 5th, 9th and 13th of May for holidays. They are closed on all weekends.

If you applied on the 2nd you would have to wait until the afternoon of the 6th to pick up your passport.

Thanks, because I had the same question.

I stick one more because I am on extension of stay (based on marriage) still valid until day X.

I will not make my next yearly extension of stay procedure as usual at immigration in Thailand, instead of that I will apply for a new Non-O-Multiple Visa (Marriage) in Savannnakeht.

Do I have to void my current still valid extension of stay before going to Savannnakeht or is that not necessary?

What would be the best date to go, before, at (or after) date X?

What backup plan would be the best in case Savannahket change the rules?

A valid extension of stay is not the same as having a valid visa.

You can apply for the multiple entry visa just before your extension expires so that you can get the most out of it.

The best plan would be to find the money to get the extension. You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at the end of your one year extension to give you more time.

I don't anticipate any rules changes for the non-o visa.

Thanks!

I agree with your mentioned "The best plan" but most probably I have to stick with Savannnakeht now, nevertheless I will think about the 60 day extension.

So there is no need to void my valid extension and I will go to Savannnakeht short before or at day X (or probably day X + 60 days if extension used).

Edited by futurespeter

A better back up plan than the re-entry permit would be to get a single entry non-o that would give you a 90 entry that could be extended for 60 days.

Or a 2 entry tourist visa which will have a 90 day validity period. Then do a 30 day extension of the first 60 day entry and then a 30 and 60 day extension for the 2nd entry.

My double entry tourist visa(issued in the UK by Hull)is valid for 6 months,the form quoted 3 months validly for a single. Double or triple is 6 months.

Issued in March,valid until Sept

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My double entry tourist visa(issued in the UK by Hull)is valid for 6 months,the form quoted 3 months validly for a single. Double or triple is 6 months.

Issued in March,valid until Sept

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In Savannakhet and Vientiane Laos 2 entry tourist visas are only issued with a 90 day validity. There are other embassies and consulates that also do the same validity.

The 6 months validity is not done world wide..

• Like 1

sorry for the late reply, I had some computer problems.

Thanks for the answers.

My visa has already expired but I am still in Thailand on my latest entry stamp that I got just before my visa expired.

My latest entry stamp will expire on 3 may.

I guess the best thing to do is being there on lets say 28 April so I can pickup my visa at 29 or in case of any thing goes wrong on 30.

Is that possible? since my entry stamp has not been expired.

I don't want to stay there any longer than necessary,.

If you want to wait until later to get the new visa you can get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife.

You need to make the trip to Savannakhet and make the application no later than the morning of the 29th or you will have to wait until the afternoon of the 2nd to pick up your passport.

If you want to wait until later to get the new visa you can get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife.

You need to make the trip to Savannakhet and make the application no later than the morning of the 29th or you will have to wait until the afternoon of the 2nd to pick up your passport.

OK,

so that my latest entry stamp has not expired yet has nothing to do with applying for a new visa right?

for example I could even go today... (it is sunday, I know...... but for example go today and apply tomorrow)

Edited by goltec

So my wife needs to sign all the needed documents and just write the date under her signature , do I understand that right?

Which date should that be?

The date that I apply? or the date that she signed the papers, like today or tomorrow while I will apply 1 or 2 days later....

Is there any tricky chance to go wrong with that?