Report: Van Gaal agrees deal to become Manchester United manager

Lite Beer

Report: Van Gaal agrees deal to become Manchester United manager

London - Louis van Gaal has agreed upon a deal to become the next manager of Manchester United, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reported on Saturday.

The 62-year-old, who will step down as Netherlands coach after this summer’s World Cup finals, reportedly agreed to a multiyear deal on Friday night.

De Telegraaf reported that the Dutchman, who has managed Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Ajax, would be given 100 million euros (138.3 million dollars) to spend on transfers in the summer.

United, who lie seventh in the Premier League, sacked David Moyes as manager on Tuesday, only 10 months into a six-year deal.

Midfielder Ryan Giggs is to take charge of the side for the remaining four games of the season.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-26

pooh-poohed by united themselves apparently.

#mufc say reports in holland that van gaal has signed a deal to become new manager are not true.

tut tut stevie....northern correspondent of the Daily Mail.......you wearing blue these days?

retweeted by gabriele marcotti os. . . .i don't follow any mail journos.

Could I apply for the post?

Sign a six year contract.......screw it up after a few months.........get sacked...........then get paid an obscene amount of money to walk......yep, I could do that.... gimme a jobblink.png .

Sign a six year contract.......screw it up after a few months.........get sacked...........then get paid an obscene amount of money to walk......yep, I could do that.... gimme a jobblink.png .

You'd still have done a better job than David Moyes.

• Like 2

Shuddup carmine!

• Like 1

Shuddup carmine!

x cuse my igorrance, but who is carmine? is it the mafia boss? or something else I am unfamiliar with, honest, I just want to know so I can understand the quotewai.gif

The subtitles are fake, a wind-up.

This video is 5 or 6 years old and Van Gaal is angry at suddenly being thanked by the presenter and being told that he won't be invited next time. To which Van Gaal reacts by throwing his toys out of the pram and storming off in a huff.

I just read the Guardian, which mentioned "Van Gaal is the front runner for the job."

Reuters quote De Telegraaf as confirming Van Gaal as the manager. But De Telegraaf is the official propaganda wing of the Church of Cruyff, Van Gaal's arch-enemy. So I can't give De Telegraaf's story much credence.

Besides, I can't see Ferguson and Van Gaal getting along at all. Not enough space in tiny Old Trafford for two such massive egos. Hopefully, Giggs will be appointed as Ferguson's patsy and he'll keep Man Utd wallowing in mediocrity for a couple more seasons.

• Like 1

...as a Mancunian, I find the Manchester Evening News to be pretty much dead on regarding all issues related to Man U... for anybody who would like to take a look at local Manchester sports reporting here's the link http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/united-dismiss-van-gaal-deal-7035873

Secondly I think that the Glazers, and Man U decision makers would be mad to make any definitive decision before they see how the supporters (the real supporters, those that pay money to attend matches) and players react to the 'X factor' of Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes taking over on the management front. These homegrown players love this club, know the current crop of talent at Man U and are incredibly well respected by the players, so much so that they are already beginning to jostle for positions in Ryans first team against Norwich.. .lets see...

...as a Mancunian, I find the Manchester Evening News to be pretty much dead on regarding all issues related to Man U... for anybody who would like to take a look at local Manchester sports reporting here's the link http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/united-dismiss-van-gaal-deal-7035873

Secondly I think that the Glazers, and Man U decision makers would be mad to make any definitive decision before they see how the supporters (the real supporters, those that pay money to attend matches) and players react to the 'X factor' of Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes taking over on the management front. These homegrown players love this club, know the current crop of talent at Man U and are incredibly well respected by the players, so much so that they are already beginning to jostle for positions in Ryans first team against Norwich.. .lets see...

None of them have had any experience managing a football team, sure they've won it all but so had Roy Keane and look at his coaching record. United need an experienced proven name managing them to attract fresh talent and rebuild the team.

I'd love it if the Untied board were that romantic about the 3 stooges, but i doubt it.

• Like 1

None of them have had any experience managing a football team, sure they've won it all but so had Roy Keane and look at his coaching record. United need an experienced proven name managing them to attract fresh talent and rebuild the team.

I'd love it if the Untied board were that romantic about the 3 stooges, but i doubt it.

You're correct about their management experience and Keane's not the only former Utd player to fall flat on his face as a Manager, but football players are a fickle breed. A record of winning games, silverware and European football will attract fresh talent as much as a proven name. Even though they are out of the Champions League this year, there is still a chance they can qualify for the Europa Cup competition, so lets see if he can pull that out of the bag.

Yesterdays game against Norwich who admitedly are struggling at the bottom of the leauge wasnt a bad start with a 4-0 win, Not a great first half, but they looked more like theyre old selves in the second. My only caveat on a big name would be Mourhino to be honest, there's a guy who wanted that job more badly than anybody else out there, has personality, character and a winning way about him. I think he's given all the signs that he will stick with Chelsea, who are probably doing all they can to ensure he remains happy, but if Utd could coax him into the spot I'd say break the bank and get him on board.

The subtitles are fake, a wind-up.

This video is 5 or 6 years old and Van Gaal is angry at suddenly being thanked by the presenter and being told that he won't be invited next time. To which Van Gaal reacts by throwing his toys out of the pram and storming off in a huff.

We know this...hence the smilie. Jeez there are some knobs aboutcheesy.gif

• Like 2