Pattaya Dentist

Chaz1819

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I went to dentist beach at 4th floor central festival. This clinic is clean and professional. Price is also good. Check dentistbeach.com

I also recommend dr. cherry.

I do not doubt her abilities in any way-she gave me a professional assesment of what treatment I needed,I then visited Dr Warin and he advised exactly the same I chose him as his quote was nearly 30% cheaper-Central Festival big overheads I,m thinking whistling.gif

• 2 months later...

A post has been removed, please take note of this rule that you agreed to when you signed up to Thai Visa:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Dr. Warin squeezed my GF in this morning with a painful lower molar. Did an extraction. 400 baht and that included the antibiotics and pain pills. Also included return visit in one week to remove stitches. Quality dentist at affordable prices.

You know this-I know this,but lets keep it a secret otherwise every man and his dog will want his services and it will only result in increased prices whistling.gif

Every man and his dog already go there, and he hasn't increased his prices. He surely could if he wanted to, with an average 2 - 3 week wait to get in.

He did a gold/palladium crown for me last month and gave me the old price (1000 off). Current price 8000. He has a selection of materials to choose from (difference percentages of gold).

Dr. Warin squeezed my GF in this morning with a painful lower molar. Did an extraction. 400 baht and that included the antibiotics and pain pills. Also included return visit in one week to remove stitches. Quality dentist at affordable prices.

You know this-I know this,but lets keep it a secret otherwise every man and his dog will want his services and it will only result in increased prices whistling.gif

Every man and his dog already go there, and he hasn't increased his prices. He surely could if he wanted to, with an average 2 - 3 week wait to get in.

He did a gold/palladium crown for me last month and gave me the old price (1000 off). Current price 8000. He has a selection of materials to choose from (difference percentages of gold).

Shuuush keep this quiet as others may start using khun Warin and us-his regular patients- may no longer get a look in wai.gif

Mine had no diplomas on the wall,did not speak a single word of English, had to mime, open mouth, spit etc, but he did, I believe a very good job, AND had a really foxy assistant dressed in her street clothes, no overall. No need for anathesia. !

Near Jomtien not Pattaya.

You're a brave man. I'm glad it worked out for you.

I just found out root canal treatment is bad, it gives you more problems, please do not ask me why, the answers are all over youtube.

If you had to stop doing all the things which are supposedly bad for you, life would be impossible. I don't think any mere mortal would be able to follow all Dr Mercola's tips. Even if you could (impossible in Thailand) you would probably die prematurely due to all the stress associated with worry and trying to get it right.

I've had root canal and I'm still kicking. Who could possibly prove this theory?

I can highly recommend The Paragon dental office at Pattaya Klang. I have been there on different occasions and have been treated by 3 different dentists. I guess depending who one had the jour at the time of my drop in. 2 Lady Dentists and one young Male dentist, working in the weekends. All of them very pleasant and professional. Of trade I am an certified dental technician for more than 50 years and have worked for dentists in Sweden, Germany. USA and Dubai UAE. I have crowned all my teeth myself (together with a dentist of course) so I know fairly well what is necessary or not when it comes to treatment. It is not many of them, the dentists, I would open my mouth for. One Sunday I Pattaya I got a cavity on a lateral which I had a porcelain veneer on. I just passed by and noticed their office was open, so I went in and asked for an appointment as soon as possible. No need appointment. Dr. can look at it right now. This young male dentist, (sorry I can't remember his name) took an x-ray an found the cavity so deep that the tooth couldn't be saved. So I needed a 3-unit bridge and He could start emiditly for a price of 10,000 Bth. (Ridiculously low compared to US). Extraction of the lateral, root canal plus pin on the cuspid and preparation of the central. Made an excellent temporary bridge. Had to heal a couple of weeks after he took the impression and 4 days later he seated the new porcelain fused to metal bridge. Superb fit and shade match. I couldn't have made the bridge better myself. That young Dentist is definitely on the top 10 scale of hundreds I worked for. Paragon at Pattaya Klang.

i wonder about that different % of gold

i have gold crowns from the states and they look like gold

these do not, even the high percentage ones don't and have black ridge near the porcelain edge/gum

next time i will go for the low gold content verses the highest to see if there is any noticeable difference

i smell scam but can't be sure

these do not, even the high percentage ones don't and have black ridge near the porcelain edge/gum

next time i will go for the low gold content verses the highest to see if there is any noticeable difference

No it is not a scam. Even with high percentage of gold, the metal used for porcelain framework is mixed with mostly palladium to get a higher melting point than pure gold. This is necessary so the frame will not melt before the porcelain is baked on at around 1800F and you are right it doesn't look like gold, (looks more like a non precious metal), but it is a noble metal.

This black ridge happens when the metal framework are extended all way to the margin of the prepared tooth and then the metal will be showing through the thin porcelain in this area. To avoid this the tooth has to be prepared with a ledge in the front and then the margin will be made in porcelain with no metal behind. I thought all dentists did this today, without having to tell them.

Today crowns and bridges can be made of all porcelain with no metal frame at all. and the black line problem will not exist. However of some reason this crowns and bridges are more expensive than the ones with metal frame. Even when it is less work for the technician to construct a such. That you could call a "scam." Next time, ask for Porcelain margins. Hope this was helpful. Aloha.

I just found out root canal treatment is bad, it gives you more problems, please do not ask me why, the answers are all over youtube.

If you had to stop doing all the things which are supposedly bad for you, life would be impossible. I don't think any mere mortal would be able to follow all Dr Mercola's tips. Even if you could (impossible in Thailand) you would probably die prematurely due to all the stress associated with worry and trying to get it right.

I've had root canal and I'm still kicking. Who could possibly prove this theory?

Plenty of people are still kicking who have root canals but I think there is enough evidence that they can be a drag on your immune system and could be the tipping point for some people in some very serious diseases especially for people who have lots of root canals and amalgam fillings.

Plenty of people are still kicking who have root canals but I think there is enough evidence that they can be a drag on your immune system and could be the tipping point for some people in some very serious diseases especially for people who have lots of root canals and amalgam fillings.

I had two or three root canals quite a few years ago. The point of doing the root canals was to keep the teeth as the only other option was to pull them out and replace them with something artificial.

Since then I have had a couple of implants done on two other teeth that came loose and whilst these are an excellent replacement for my own teeth they arent cheap (in Europe: 5 times the price of a root canal), and so I am happy to still have the teeth on which the root canals were done. When those do finally fall out I will replace them with implants, assuming I have a few years left in me by then.

You can stop smelling scam, because it is not. The metal alloy is inside the porcelain. I thought this would have been obvious. The metal gives the crown the strength and will not be seen no matter what percentage you choose as the porcelain covers the metal.

At Leekpai's he has samples of the different metal alloys (gold/palladium) available for your inspection. I've had a close look at them when I had my crown done in July. He also gave me a detailed explanation as I was curious as to why there was a choice of alloys, which will NOT be seen.

If you wish you can also go for the gold crowns. With them you will see gold, but they are not popular these days due to cost and that they can change colour as they too are alloys (not pure gold). Pure gold is too soft.

I really doubt that pulling teeth is going to heal people with serious diseases. Have you got some reports to prove this?

I really doubt that pulling teeth is going to heal people with serious diseases. Have you got some reports to prove this?

Of course just pulling root canals out will not heal people of serious disease but it might just be one of the steps needed to heal people with serious disease caused by a compromised immune system.

The theory goes that Root canals are a safe haven for microbes. Because no blood reaches the inside of the tooth, the immune system cannot kill any microbes inside the dead tooth.

Microbes do not originate in the root canals, rather they originate elsewhere in the body . The microbes thrive and some of them hide from the immune system inside the root canals.

Healthy people with good immune systems probably have no trouble handling these microbes but if someone has other issues going on these so called dental toxins might just be the tipping point causing disease in a body unable to handle the extra burdens on the immune system.

It makes sense to me. The body is a complex system and an integrated machine. Western medicine tends to look at things in isolation rather than taking a whole body approach.

Not a lot of attention is paid to dental health when it should be. I mean even gingivitis is linked to heart disease and dementia and this wasn't well known many years ago.

Don't hear many people talking about dementia and oral health but there is a link there. You can also add diabetes, arthritis, and who knows what else and it is all linked to bacteria aka microbes escaping into the bloodstream.

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/plaque-on-teeth

Can't say that I can taste the amalgam in my mouth but there is so little there it's not surprising. I still have a couple of amalgam fillings from my teenage years, but I seem to remember that in Europe they stopped using that and started using composite instead a decade or two ago. I've only had one or two fillings done since my teenage years anyway; gums are my problem.

on yet another controversial note

anyone replace or take out their amalgam fillings and feel better all around about their oral and complete health?

as weird as this sounds, sometimes i can TASTE all that metal in my mouth, maybe depending on what i eat

This is kind of the point when I was saying that the "root canal is bad for your health" theory is vague at best, regarding personal health and how one feels. I had all my amalgam removed about 20 years ago (had quite a bit) and I felt no difference whatsoever. How should I have felt?

Did I gain a year or two of life because of it? Who knows?

One thing is sure, we're all going to die sooner or later. There's no cure for that no matter how many precautions one takes.

anyone replace or take out their amalgam fillings and feel better all around about their oral and complete health?

as weird as this sounds, sometimes i can TASTE all that metal in my mouth, maybe depending on what i eat

This is kind of the point when I was saying that the "root canal is bad for your health" theory is vague at best, regarding personal health and how one feels. I had all my amalgam removed about 20 years ago (had quite a bit) and I felt no difference whatsoever. How should I have felt?

One thing is sure, we're all going to die sooner or later. There's no cure for that no matter how many precautions one takes.

I had all my amalgam fillings removed last month 8 in total.

I cant say I feel any different but the dentist I saw is adamant that my mouth was full of mercury and that every time I chewed that I was adding more mercury in my system.

I am getting my root canals extracted next week then I will be back in Thailand and get a porcelain non metallic bridge for the two root canals that are being extracted.

If you check the link in my last post it is pretty clear that dental health is linked to a whole range of serious conditions so anything that improves dental health probably impacts on your overall health.

I cant say I feel any different but the dentist I saw is adamant that my mouth was full of mercury and that every time I chewed that I was adding more mercury in my system.

I am getting my root canals extracted next week then I will be back in Thailand and get a porcelain non metallic bridge for the two root canals that are being extracted.

If you check the link in my last post it is pretty clear that dental health is linked to a whole range of serious conditions so anything that improves dental health probably impacts on your overall health.

I'm really surprised you only had your amalgam removed now. I got straight on it when the amalgam removing craze started in the early 90's. No one will ever know if I wasted my money or not, but I am certain that it did result in more money being spent in the following 20 years to repair damage caused by removal (by an incompetent dentist in Australia). If I could travel back in time I would leave them alone, or bring Dr Warin Leekpai back with me in the time machine to do the extractions LOL.

There's no way I'm going to remove teeth that were "root-canal'ed".

If microbes are living "in hiding" inside "root-canal'ed" teeth, how are they a problem? Once they come in contact with the immune system surely the body's immune system will destroy them. If an immune system is so weak that it cannot cope, surely the microbes in hiding are the least of the person's problems as microbes are everywhere around us.

This is a bit like the living in a sterile environment debate. If we live too sterile our immune systems could become weak. Maybe these "ninja microbes" are helping our immune system.biggrin.png

I'm really surprised you only had your amalgam removed now. I got straight on it when the amalgam removing craze started in the early 90's. No one will ever know if I wasted my money or not, but I am certain that it did result in more money being spent in the following 20 years to repair damage caused by removal (by an incompetent dentist in Australia). If I could travel back in time I would leave them alone, or bring Dr Warin Leekpai back with me in the time machine to do the extractions LOL.

There's no way I'm going to remove teeth that were "root-canal'ed".

If microbes are living "in hiding" inside "root-canal'ed" teeth, how are they a problem? Once they come in contact with the immune system surely the body's immune system will destroy them. If an immune system is so weak that it cannot cope, surely the microbes in hiding are the least of the person's problems as microbes are everywhere around us.

This is a bit like the living in a sterile environment debate. If we live too sterile our immune systems could become weak. Maybe these "ninja microbes" are helping our immune system.biggrin.png

Well I am doing a general health clean up and I have the time and money to do it so I reckon why not.

As for the immune system when you age you obviously don't have as strong an immune system which is why older people get all sorts of medical conditions so trying to keep it as strong as possible gives you a better chance of a decent life into old age.

Todays life with the degraded food and water supply and the number of chemicals we come into contact with on a daily basis along with the radiation from computers, mobile phones, phone and tv towers, airline travel etc we are really putting our immune system under severe stress.

One Issue I have is ref. appointments.

I always request a first appointment (opening time) on any day available, say 9:00

When I arrive at say 8:50 others are waiting.

I expect to be first, but NO, the time on my card is irrelevant, the criteria is time of arrival.

Are there any dentists that have a proper appointment system ?

Archived