A ''Despicable Daddy'' Story.

Every where you go you are hounded by very young children begging for money in The Philippines..
Its endless.
Each day when my budget of charity money is gone, thats it.
As we pulled up to the lights in the taxi, around 7pm, a girl around 5-6 in rags, filthy dirty, was tapping on the window and gesturing for food.
I only had 100 for the taxi and a 1,000 that Taxi drivers cant change left.
So I uncomfortably, stubbornly, ignored her.
Thankfully she eventually moved to the back where Jazz was and tapped on the window.
Gesturing to Jazz she was hungry.
Jasmine spoke.
Daddy this girl is saying shes hungry can you give her some money please?
It had been a long day, it was hot, I was tired.
No sorry I cant, I dont have any left, we have given today's quota away, I only have enough for the taxi.
But daddy shes hungry, Jazz protested!
I turned round and tersely ( it was hot, I was tired, and didnt want to have a protracted talk with Jazz over this) explained our own financial problems in UK and that we already supported 6 poor children in Nepal and Thailand,
We spent 2 hours a day of our holiday, feeding the Street kids with bananas and ice cream.Don't we do our fair share already?
(Over the years I'd become known as the banana man in Angeles)
DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Yes she said.
Do you understand 110%?( 110% our code, signalling normally that was the end of the matter)
Yes daddy.
Satisfied I had got my point across, I turned round and started to unwind.
Daddy?
YES.
Can I give her my pocket money then please?
I Hate it when she pulls an ace out of the hole like that and teaches me a lesson!
Of course you can darling, give me a kiss.
I gave the girl the hundred.
Life suddenly seemed better.
And the Taxi driver even had change!
  • Like 1

Another 100 for the gang thats running her no doubt.

IF the story was true you would have been better buying her a meal, something you know "she" would actually benefit from and not potentially her "handlers" as is often the case. Just like the flower girls in Thailand.

Thats another reason why generally I buy food of course.

But when your daughters at that time a 7 year old Thai is teaching you a lesson, would you really of done some thing different?

We do a lot of charity work.

Your daughter needs to learn the boundaries.

Thats another reason why generally I buy food of course.

But when your daughters at that time a 7 year old Thai is teaching you a lesson, would you really of done some thing different?

We do a lot of charity work.

Your daughter needs to learn the boundaries.

Tell me about it!

Its work in progress

Jasmine is up to date the youngest person who wished to become a FORCES member. At the 2013 Bangkok Hospital Pattaya Christmas Fair the same day she sold teddy bears and cuddly toys to raise the funds for her membership and asked if RCES would donate this money via Elfi Seitz to the YWCA.

The pictures show Jasmine receiving her Forces certificate and pin and handing over of the 5200 Baht to Elfi for the YWCA

• Like 1

Amazing how quickly we can become hard toward beggars of any age or condition - how many of us have literally stepped over limbless beggars to get where we're going in BKK, for example ? The gangs set them up in the most high traffic tourist zones, sit back and wait for the money to roll in - doesnt mean that poor bastard on the ground isnt actually in pain, but it all becomes very Monty Python IME. 'Something beggable, but not leprosy which - if you'll pardon my French, sir - is a pain in the a^^^' ;)

I ignore the Cambo kids, but the manipulative parents who left a 2-year old Indo girl in the rain outside a Jakarta shopping centre with a sign - in English - asking for money did push my buttons. Not sure just how bad things would have to be to stoop that low - I guess I've had it easy with a warm bed and a meal waiting for me almost every night of my life.