Butter cream for frosting cakes

JayBee

The only "buttercream" I've seen for sale here is actually sweetened and colored vegetable fat. Since I don't know where you live, I can only suggest that you approach a bakery or patisserie that uses genuine buttercream and ask to buy it from them.

Hello All, this is what we have at The Mall Nakhon nowhere.

rice555

^ That stuff is awful....bah.gif

Why not buy some butter, icing sugar and flavoring (cocoa powder, vanilla or what ever flavour,) ... you want and mix up yourself, dead easy! wink.png

rice555

Why not buy some butter, icing sugar and flavoring (cocoa powder, vanilla or what ever flavour,) ... you want and mix up yourself, dead easy! wink.png

You forgot the eggs. It's not that easy. Buttercream requires some cooking and a lot of mixing. Look up recipes on the internet and you'll see. Best to go to a good bakery, if one is in the vicinity and buy it from them.

rice555

You forgot the eggs. It's not that easy. Buttercream requires some cooking and a lot of mixing. Look up recipes on the internet and you'll see. Best to go to a good bakery, if one is in the vicinity and buy it from them.

Eggs...? ...no. i forgot the milk!....tongue.png Never heard of icing using eggs for icing cakes .... except for egg whites, in "Royal Icing" for Xmas cakes etc...

Yes it's hard beating, let the butter soften then it's easier! (electric mixer makes it even easier! ) whistling.gif

First of two recipes I looked up ... no eggs, but I didn't haf to look it up! rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buttercream-icing/

rice555

Eggs...? ...no. i forgot the milk!....tongue.png Never heard of icing using eggs for icing cakes .... except for egg whites, in "Royal Icing" for Xmas cakes etc...

Yes it's hard beating, let the butter soften then it's easier! (electric mixer makes it even easier! ) whistling.gif

First of two recipes I looked up ... no eggs, but I didn't haf to look it up! rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

Not to go OT, but the OP asked for "ready made"n not make your own

wich is unconquerable. I learned to make it from my Mom 60 years ago,

but that doesn't answer the OP.

rice555

Too many quotes to answer ^ facepalm.gif

I thought I answered about the ready made stuff in tins....bah.gif.... (at least in my opinion!) I was giving a easy alternative tongue.png it is not that difficult! facepalm.gif.... same same me learned the same way as you Rice! ..... but not quite that long ago.... almost though! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

rice555

my mistake.

• Like 1