Fly Bangkok- chiang Mai

stockholm1995

Bangkokairways has been running a 1590 all inclusive, and I think you get some free baggage and use of club at Swampy. Do they have a club at CNX? The free newspapers and the tea/pumpkin chips were nice while I was waiting, unfortunately, a farang couple were letting there two brats run wild in the lounge (free wi-fi). No free drinks. Nice seats on the plane. Also convenient departure times. Some of the AA flights are way late or way early depending on how you look at it.

Bangkokairways has been running a 1590 all inclusive, and I think you get some free baggage and use of club at Swampy. Do they have a club at CNX? The free newspapers and the tea/pumpkin chips were nice while I was waiting, unfortunately, a farang couple were letting there two brats run wild in the lounge (free wi-fi). No free drinks. Nice seats on the plane. Also convenient departure times. Some of the AA flights are way late or way early depending on how you look at it.

They have a new little lounge at CNX. They serve 'pork buns' there - sausage rolls to the rest of us biggrin.png

They do free soft drinks, coffee and tea.

If you join their FF club online you get 30kg baggage allowance.

Airaisa is great if you don't have too much luggage and can book way in advance...

Thai Airways would be best if you are connecting from an international flight as most of the local carriers fly out of a different airport than the international airport

Edited by sfokevin

If you're flying out of CNX and onward to an international destination Bangkok Airways have arrangements with quite a few foreign carriers that allow you to check your baggage through at CNX and also get boarding passes for all the legs of your flight.

Lion Air, the South East Asian knock off of Ryan Air.

Check their Wikipedia page for accident history. I choose Bangkok Air if leaving the country, Nok Air if not. Nok Air have a membership club offering extra baggage and offers on flights which your average Joe can't see.

If you're flying out of CNX and onward to an international destination Bangkok Airways have arrangements with quite a few foreign carriers that allow you to check your baggage through at CNX and also get boarding passes for all the legs of your flight.

Make sure your checked baggage claim tags have your final destination three letter airport code on them and keep you receipt tags...

You will most likely need them at your final destination... coffee1.gif

Edited by sfokevin

Make sure your checked baggage claim tags have your final destination three letter airport code on them and keep you receipt tags...

You will most likely need them at your final destination... coffee1.gif

If your bags are checked all the way through by Bangkok Airways they will have the final destination and all en-route airports on the label that's attached to your bags. The check-in staff show you that at CNX.

• Like 2

Thai Lion Air. www.lionairthai.com. Start from 820 Baht O/W.

still not flying, i'm taking the trains thanks.

Edited by Cow San Load

Yes, it used to be 1-2-go, now it is Lion Air. The rest are 50% and higher and often within 100-200฿ of each other. The best IMO is Bangkok Air for 500-1000฿ more than Lion.

Most certainly agree they are the best of the lot but they do cost more and go into Swampy. The OP should have said where he wanted to go. If it is with a cheap airline inside Thailand Don Muaung is the place to go. If he is going international I vote for Bangkok air into swampy Bangkok Air will also forward your luggage.

i wouldn't fly Lion Air. i guess a lot of you weren't around in 2007 when the plane crashed in Phuket. i believe it is all the same company, no? many people were killed. close to 100 as i recall. i remember the images on TV. there was found to be gross incompetence on the part of the Indonesian pilot. i think a minute before the crash one pilot was trying to hand over the controls of the aircraft to another pilot or something like that. they have a terrible safety record even recently.

i wouldn't fly Lion Air. i guess a lot of you weren't around in 2007 when the plane crashed in Phuket. i believe it is all the same company, no? many people were killed. close to 100 as i recall. i remember the images on TV. there was found to be gross incompetence on the part of the Indonesian pilot. i think a minute before the crash one pilot was trying to hand over the controls of the aircraft to another pilot or something like that. they have a terrible safety record even recently.

"I believe it is all the same company, no ?"

Not Thai Lion Air, who only began flying here this year, but One-Two-Go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Two-GO_Airlines_Flight_269

Which isn't to say that Thai Lion's parent-company is perfect, but they do fly brand-new aircraft, which helps.

Yes, they blamed the foreign pilot. No surprise there.

"I believe it is all the same company, no ?"

Not Thai Lion Air, who only began flying here this year, but One-Two-Go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Two-GO_Airlines_Flight_269

Which isn't to say that Thai Lion's parent-company is perfect, but they do fly brand-new aircraft, which helps.

Not if you bounce 4 times on landing.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20140201-0

http://www.railway.co.th/Ticket/ChackPrice_TrainGo.asp?Sta=กรุงเทพ&Fin=เชียงใหม่&IdTrain=1&NFee=*ด่วนพิเศษ&Ori=Bangkok&Dep=Chiang%20Mai&lenguage=eng

Air-conditioned Second Class Day & Night Coach (New , 40 Seats)

Type Service Adult

Upper bed 791

Lower bed 881

Child

Upper bed 651

Lower bed 741

That train line has a terrible record, and even the bus is faster.

http://www.railway.co.th/Ticket/ChackPrice_TrainGo.asp?Sta=กรุงเทพ&Fin=เชียงใหม่&IdTrain=1&NFee=*ด่วนพิเศษ&Ori=Bangkok&Dep=Chiang%20Mai&lenguage=eng

Air-conditioned Second Class Day & Night Coach (New , 40 Seats)

Type Service Adult

Upper bed 791

Lower bed 881

Child

Upper bed 651

Lower bed 741

That train line has a terrible record, and even the bus is faster.

yeah but they upgraded it end of last year seem ok now at least no media reports of injuries.

faster, so what when you got a comfy lower berth sleeper

oh yeah and you get one nights accommodation which you subtract from the train fare.

Edited by Cow San Load

Given that three other airlines fly Bangkok - Chiang Mai I'd still give Lion a miss.

I have several friends try lion. All good reports and all new planes.

The bad reports relate to the Indonesia arm of the airline and ho back several years.

Under new management the airline is turning around and the Thai arm,is to,show they are now better.

Anything is better than Thai domestic too. Even a bus.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Given that three other airlines fly Bangkok - Chiang Mai I'd still give Lion a miss.

I have several friends try lion. All good reports and all new planes.

The bad reports relate to the Indonesia arm of the airline and ho back several years.

Under new management the airline is turning around and the Thai arm,is to,show they are now better.

Anything is better than Thai domestic too. Even a bus.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

A Lion Air 737-900 bounced 5 times and suffered a tail strike on February 1st of this year at Surabaya

http://avherald.com/h?article=46f7635a