Paris police officers charged with sexually assaulting Canadian tourist

webfact

Paris police officers charged with sexually assaulting Canadian tourist

PARIS, France - Two elite French police officers have been charged with raping a Canadian tourist in their Paris headquarters in a case that has sent shock waves across France.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said in a statement the pair would “face the full consequences” if found guilty.

Four policemen were taken into custody after the 34-year-old woman filed a complaint saying she had been raped in the police headquarters overnight on Tuesday.

Two of the members of the elite BRI unit that fights gang crime were charged, a source close to the investigation said after the other two were released on Saturday.

The interior ministry said on Sunday three of the men had been suspended, including one who was released but not charged.

According to judicial officials, the woman met the officers during a night of heavy drinking at an Irish pub frequented by many police from the headquarters, which is widely known by its address: 36, Quai des Orfevres.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/45125/paris-police-officers-charged-raping-canadian-tourist

-- eTN 2014-04-28

Nothing elite about cops who rape women. Just GRUBSbah.gif

Agreed. However I do recall a similar case some years ago where a similar incident happened, however it was later revealed to be an elaborate trap by organised crime group who basically 'set up' a couple of troublesome police detectives who were lured into a nice little gangbang where the willing female participant later cried foul in order to have the detectives dealt with, but the whole incident came to light a couple of years later during a court trial.

Perhaps the hang em high anti police crowd should remain at bay until these people are convicted by a criminal court, then we can roll out the portable forum gallows and sticks....... Of course, people here are quick to condem especially when the police are involved .

I will now take shelter as I'm sure there will be no shortage of <deleted> about to take flight tongue.png

Agree with you both.

However must add - no such thing could have ever happened in LOS.

Meaning that "our Police are all gentlemen, the court case wouldn't be allowed and our tourists are all willing".

Edited by ABCer

Four policemen were taken into custody after the 34-year-old woman filed a complaint saying she had been raped in the police headquarters overnight on Tuesday.

According to judicial officials, the woman met the officers during a night of heavy drinking at an Irish pub frequented by many police from the headquarters, which is widely known by its address: 36, Quai des Orfevres.

Stupid Police:

- If you take someone to HQ, it's for questioning, not hanky-panky. If it's for questioning, you ensure a female officer is present and everything is recorded all the time.

- If it's for hanky-panky, take her to a hotel, dodos.

This is one reason why cops are hated all over the world. Never their when you need them. Some think that the badge carrys a licence to do whatever they want. Shocking but true. Know some ex- British coppers, and some of the things they tell you can make your skin crawl. These French cops should but put in jail now with all the criminals they put there. Lets see how big they are then !!!lock.gif

Judge, jury and executioner, much.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/721959-paris-police-officers-charged-with-sexually-assaulting-canadian-tourist/#entry7746439

Stupid Police:

- If you take someone to HQ, it's for questioning, not hanky-panky. If it's for questioning, you ensure a female officer is present and everything is recorded all the time.

Claptrap & Nonesense. Absolutely no requirement for male police to have female police present during interview with female suspect.

This is one reason why cops are hated all over the world. Never their when you need them. Some think that the badge carrys a licence to do whatever they want. Shocking but true. Know some ex- British coppers, and some of the things they tell you can make your skin crawl. These French cops should but put in jail now with all the criminals they put there. Lets see how big they are then !!!lock.gif

In my experience cops are only hated worldwide by Criminals, low life, or scum bags. So which category do you fall into?

It's easy to critise but the first people called to

Most undesirable situations are the police. Worldwide the majority do a bloody good job, I accept there's always exception to the rule.

You need to walk a few miles in their shoes before you get so critical, me thinks.

• Like 1

Stupid Police:

Claptrap & Nonesense. Absolutely no requirement for male police to have female police present during interview with female suspect.

I said "ensure" not "required", it's the smart thing to do, so you don't fall into a claptrap, Mr. neverdie

Stupid Police:

I said "ensure" not "required", it's the smart thing to do, so you don't fall into a claptrap, Mr. neverdie

Need to boost female police numbers me thinks or perhaps not arrest female suspects ;)

Just remind fact This two policemen are innocent until court convict them..... (French Law)

But I think Thai police can take example of the work of IGS (Inspection Generale des Services, the Police of Police) to prosecute Thai policemen who made wrongdoing

In my experience cops are only hated worldwide by Criminals, low life, or scum bags. So which category do you fall into?

Most undesirable situations are the police. Worldwide the majority do a bloody good job, I accept there's always exception to the rule.

You need to walk a few miles in their shoes before you get so critical, me thinks.

Methinks you should ask your Thai friends what they think of the Thai police. Could be a illuminating

conversation for you.....

• Like 1

From what I know, they had been boozing and she went Very willingly with them to see No 36 quai.....I think she was quite willing and then it just got out of hand and she wanted to call a stop. I will be interested to hear what the cops say. So far they say she WAS willing. All I can say is that they were pissed and what was she doing going off with 4 men? Cops or no cops. If they weren't of an elite brigade (the Anti Gang), YOU out of France would never have heard about it.

I agree 100% the vast majority of cops do a bloody hard job and are decent guys, just as plumber, butchers and anyone else in society. Taxi/cab drivers rape more women than cops. I am definitely not defending these guys and they deserve what may come to them when found/if guilty. This make news purely because it involved cops, if it was a couple of tax agents then not even news worthy.

I agree with you cops are considered filth by the lowlifes of society but when another lowlife rips off a lowlife they call the cops to help them. Cop haters are hypocrites.

The PTSD and suicide rate amongst Australian police is extremely high, the highest amongst any emergency service worker or the military. Police even have the highest divorce rate of any other occupation due to the long extended hours, the built up trauma they see every day which eventually comes to a head.

Speak to a cop who has been in a serious traumatic situation and he will tell you he lives with it for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

From what I know, they had been boozing and she went Very willingly with them to see No 36 quai.....I think she was quite willing and then it just got out of hand and she wanted to call a stop. I will be interested to hear what the cops say. So far they say she WAS willing. All I can say is that they were pissed and what was she doing going off with 4 men? Cops or no cops. If they weren't of an elite brigade (the Anti Gang), YOU out of France would never have heard about it.

Informed consent.

A drunk lady cannot give informed consent, and according to most US law (spreading to the rest of the western world), should you have sex with a drunk lady, she can cry rape and you have no defense.

A brief explanation

"The fact that incapacitated people cant legally consent to sex remains poorly understood, even after two teenage football players were found delinquent of raping an incapacitated girl in Steubenville"

"These days the norm is, it doesnt matter whether they chose to drink or whether someone spiked their drink, its whether theyre capable of consenting."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/maryville

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Stupid Police:

um In Melbourne Australia it has been a requirement now for a decade, purely to protect the police from false allegations. Also know as an arse covering exercise as many police were falsely acused of sexual assault. Video cameras are also installed in every area of police stations to protect police of such allegations. Some women used the tactic to have charges dropped now it is harder for them.

Sorry but please tell me where I say that ( I personally ) hate cops...As far as i know the above statement does not mention this. I do however know many people that have had runnings with them and DO NOT fit into the 3 categorys you were fast to state above.

I agree that a majority do a good job, and a hard job it is as well. But there are times when an innocent person can be pulled into the wrong situation, and if this was to happen to you i'm not sure you would be so full of praise. I have heard stories from the cops themselfs !

Yes mistakes happen, but there is also lots of corruption and bad cops. And to anwser your question about which category i fall into, the straight anwser is none of the above.

Absolute rubbish,I am an almost completely law-abiding citizen (except for some minor traffic offences) of over 60 and I detest cops on general. I have seen them constantly hassle young people,fabricate evidence, in general throw their weight around. This on several countries including Sydney where I am from. Add this the corruption in many countries, the extrajudicial killings, etc etc etc...

Methinks it's like politicians, the people who do it are not the type you want doing it

Absolute rubbish,I am an almost completely law-abiding citizen (except for some minor traffic offences) of over 60 and I detest cops on general. I have seen them constantly hassle young people,fabricate evidence, in general throw their weight around. This on several countries including Sydney where I am from. Add this the corruption in many countries, the extrajudicial killings, etc etc etc...

Methinks it's like politicians, the people who do it are not the type you want doing it

Yeah right the Sydney cops spend all their time giving poor innocent young people a hard time, fabricating evidence and throwing their weight around. I already can see what type of person you are by this narrow minded statement.

So I wonder who is dealing with all the robberies, frauds, domestic assaults, murders, break and enters, suicides, traffic accidents, rapes, etc etc. Clearly you never had the balls to have a go.

Let me tell you, you are speaking absolute rubbish when it comes to the majority of NSW finest.

Stupid Police:

um In Melbourne Australia it has been a requirement now for a decade, purely to protect the police from false allegations. Also know as an arse covering exercise as many police were falsely acused of sexual assault. Video cameras are also installed in every area of police stations to protect police of such allegations. Some women used the tactic to have charges dropped now it is harder for them.

Chooka, I can see I'm going have to beat the Victorian mentality out of you, Victoria is just one of the small 'hick states' in a very large country. In both QLD,NSW and I'm sure WA (my sources are retired lol) there is absolutely no requirement to have female police present when a female suspect is interviewed or spoken to. It would be impossible as the sheer size and demographic nature of the rest of the Australian states wouldn't allow for it, as there's just not enough female offices for complete coverage. I understand Victoria is a different place, I've traversed through there a couple of times with the car doors locked. 55555. Isn't Victoria also known as 'Mexico' ? Don't the people down there still swing from the trees and play funny football? :P

Of course if you are talking about searching female suspects well that's a different story.

Anyway such a mute point about what they do else where, we are talking about France and I wouldn't have a clue about their policies. My way of reading the story is that the woman ( alleged victim ) went back to Police HQ voluntarily, for so,e unknown reason, not as a suspect.......or did I get that wrong?

I'm also not arguing for the innocents of the Police but just saying their executions should be delayed until they are at least convicted in a court of law.......sheish.

Methinks you should ask your Thai friends what they think of the Thai police. Could be a illuminating

conversation for you.....

No need to ask my Thai friends anything, my eyes work, I am well aware of how things roll here. I never said that all Police were trustworthy and perfect EVERWHERE I just called out the comments suggesting they are all bad and all hated worldwide.

• Like 1